||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
TSF Trails - OPEN August 1st @1:00am
Tillamook State Forest -
TRAILS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Following is a notification that was forwarded to me today by Dave Hiatt - OHV Specialist for Oregon Department of Forestry
From: WALLMARK Jennifer L
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 11:34 AM
To: Tillamook Notifications
Subject: NW-1 to Level II, NW-2 & NW-3 to Level III (effective 0100 at 7/28/09)
EFFECTIVE 0100 ON 7/28/09, NW-1 goes to IFPL 2 and NW-2 & NW-3 go to IFPL 3. Shutdown restrictions are listed below. (Tillamook District is now only comprised of zones NW-1 and NW-2, the district boundary with Forest Grove District is the boundary between NW-2 and NW-3.) http://egov.oregon.gov/ODF/FIELD/TIL...on/nw_IFPL.pdf
The Level changes also affect OHV use on the Tillamook State Forest. Browns Camp, Jordan Creek, Diamond Mill, and Trask and the trails in the BLM Nestucca Riding Area are CLOSED and will remain closed until further notice. The gravel roads in the Browns Camp, Jordan Creek, Diamond Mill, and Trask areas remain open for OHV use.
All Designated posted dispersed sites on the Tillamook District are now closed for campfires. Campfires are only allowed at Designated Campgrounds (Jordan Creek, Keenig Creek, Jones Creek, Diamond Mill, and Nehalem Falls).
Under Industrial Fire Precaution Level 3, the use of fire or power-driven machinery in any operation area is unlawful unless such use is in compliance with the following:
Complete Shutdown. The following activities are not permitted at any time, except as noted:
1. Cable yarding systems, except gravity systems using non-motorized carriages may operate between 8:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m., when all blocks and moving lines are suspended at least 10 feet above the ground (except the line between the carriage and the chokers).
2. Power saws, except power saws may operate at loading sites and on tractor or skidder operations between 8:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
3. Tractor, skidder, feller-buncher, forwarder, and shovel logging operations, except if equipment with a blade capable of constructing a fireline is immediately available and able to quickly reach and effectively attack a fire, then operations are allowed between 8:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Partial Shutdown. The following activities are not permitted between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.:
1. Mechanized loading or hauling of any product or material.
3. Welding or cutting of metal.
4. Any other spark emitting activity not specifically mentioned.
Under Industrial Fire Precaution Level 2, the use of fire or power-driven machinery in any operation area is unlawful unless such use is in compliance with the following:
Partial Shutdown. The following activities are not permitted between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., except as noted:
1. Power saws, except power saws used at loading sites.
2. Cable yarding.
4. Welding or cutting of metal.
...UNSEASONABLY HOT THIS WEEK WITH INCREASING MID-LEVEL INSTABILITY... Here is the link to the National Weather Service:
ODF – Tillamook District
aka "Pistons Chick"
Club President 2007 - 2014
Piston's Wild Motorsports
WOHVA - Vice President
PNW4WDA Member for 28 Years
"SARCASM - because beating the crap out of people is illegal."
Last edited by PistonsChick; 07-31-2009 at 03:02 PM.