Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > - Wheeling reports and pics pics, pics, pics...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

- Wheeling reports and pics pics, pics, pics... Stories of the trail and race

Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 AM

Default Evan's Creek August 2008

The Faithwheelers have been hosting the campground at Evan's Creek on the last weekend before Labor Day for the past 5 years.

To start the weekend off on the only sour note, we were unable to get the Host box from the Burnett Chevron so we didn't have any of host materials for cleaning or record keeping. When I arrived our host site was in use by someone else and we'd set up camp in a different spot. Now there was some justice as the people in the host spot when wheeling and left their roaring campfire going and picked up a huge fine!

I was unable to get up there until Saturday so I'm waiting on the Friday pics from JR Gaylor if he got any. The day on Saturday started off for me with some booty campground repairs. I replaced the broken center pin on my right front leaf spring but forgot to put the bump stop back in. A chunk of wood and some bungie cords and I was good to go though. It actually stayed in place for the entire day.

No trip report from Evan's Creek is complete without a picture of Mt Rainier, so here they are 8O

Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 AM

Here's Bob, aka CheaperJeeper on upper 311. Not much for action shots as he's locked front and rear with a very flexy setup. The trail is pretty easy for him.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:27 AM

This is Joe's aka JR, downsized rig. His full size explorer was just too long so he getting this Bronco II and moved all his stuff under this shorter body.

A couple of shots of JR on the 520. I know there's more pics but the photographer said that our license plates were too shiney and messing up the shots.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:28 AM

Here's Justin, aka Scooter in his YJ. He only required one tug all day on 520 when he got hung up. His only TAD is an LS in the rear.

We wanted to nickname his wife Moped since Justin is Scooter, but she wasn't having that 8O

These are all on the 520 trail.

The dent on his hood is not from a tree, it was a head... Seriously, a drunk homeless person jumped in front of his car a couple years ago.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:29 AM

The next one is Dave, aka Buster. We tried Busted for his wife's nickname but apparently we don't choose good nicknames for the wives!

He's fully locked now so the trail we ran were quite easy. His step-son was with him with a broken rib and slowly healing spleen from a skateboarding accident so he had to be nice.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:30 AM

We had a guest with us on this run, Pat. He's been on quite a few runs with us in the past.

The camera guy seemed to like Pat as he was in quite a few shots. Pat handled everything easy but he did have some over heating problems. 1/2 up the 520, the ignition control module went out and he just happened to have a spare with him. Who carries a spare on of those?????

Here's a couple of Pat on upper 311 near the top.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:30 AM

And finally the old man himself, me.

I did have to pull cable once that day... I got turned sideways on the left side of brakeline hill with no where to go. Sunk my left rear tire in that big hole to the left of the rock slab. That hole is MUCH larger than I remember. Makes it very interesting!

Yes, this is a sidehill here but I have a beaten up right rear spring that needs some serious attention.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:30 PM
ForestWatchVP.org

Right on! Lot of cool pics!