Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Blown Beads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Blown Beads Testing they lost it.

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Has some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberzuki View Post
I was actually disappointed at your first statement in this thread, you are just as much at fault as anyone else for not asking that the events be on the PNW main page....
Dissapointed why? I was not registered on this board before that first post. How- who would I have asked?
As for the phone that's how I did get the info I had.....
It's all good, just a topic for discussion.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Washington State Director

If we want our association to grow and prosper then we as members and the association as a whole need to reach out to new and potential members. One great and super easy way to do this is to advertize our events in every way possible that we can. The website is a great tool for that as most people use the web these days for gathering all types of information and its free.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 09-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Banned

I think the best way to accoplish this would be to stop saying "We Suck" Especally from a former president and super moderator. This is just another example of poor leadership!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Washington State Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
I think the best way to accoplish this would be to stop saying "We Suck" Especally from a former president and super moderator. This is just another example of poor leadership!
Mark, The "we suck" was a humorous Atempt to bring to light a real problem that exists here. It was taken from a quote on another site also aimed at bringing up a problem here. I am sorry if it offended you in any way but it was meant to draw attention in a humorus way and I believe it opened a dialog to expose a problem that exists and hopefully we will all do better because of it.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 09-09-2009, 09:27 AM
hagells

I think to most people it did come across in a light humor. For ourselves, the only way we ever heard about the PNW and it's racing, events, etc was through a member. I think right now word of mouth is, in general all we have. I would love to see more families become involved in the PNW as I think it is a wonderful family association. You can make wonderful new friends and have fun doing all kinds of things with them.

I try and post events into local sites when I can, I see a few others doing this as well. Perhaps there could be a person who could volunteer from each club that would at least post upcoming pnw events into their site and one or two others in their area? I think this is a wonderful organization and I would like to see it grow.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:25 AM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
Mark, The "we suck" was a humorous Attempt to bring to light a real problem that exists here. It was taken from a quote on another site also aimed at bringing up a problem here. I am sorry if it offended you in any way but it was meant to draw attention in a humorus way and I believe it opened a dialog to expose a problem that exists and hopefully we will all do better because of it.
Exactly how I saw it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagells View Post
For ourselves, the only way we ever heard about the PNW and it's racing, events, etc was through a member. I think right now word of mouth is, in general all we have. I would love to see more families become involved in the PNW as I think it is a wonderful family association. You can make wonderful new friends and have fun doing all kinds of things with them..
I think this is an excellent example of how the interweb can help grow membership & participation...provided that is the end goal. It seems that some folks like the fact that events are small & easier to manage.

If you truly want to spread the word, then word of mouth is not going to cut it...a simple post on the event calendar with a contact number/email should go a long ways.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
BOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Exactly how I saw it

Ditto
Old 09-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Has some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
...provided that is the end goal. It seems that some folks like the fact that events are small & easier to manage.
This seems to be the key question....Me being the new guy I would like to learn more about the upcomming events. Maybe a private forum with information could be a answer. I just hope I get invited to the private forum.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:35 PM
BOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binder View Post
This seems to be the key question....Me being the new guy I would like to learn more about the upcomming events. Maybe a private forum with information could be a answer. I just hope I get invited to the private forum.

I don't believe there should be any secrets on how to access the PNW4WDA. If somebody wants to race (or spectate), we should make it easy for people to do so.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Has some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ3BWILLYS View Post
I don't believe there should be any secrets ....................
Nor do I but there may be people who don't agree.
Closed Thread