Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Blown Beads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Blown Beads Testing they lost it.

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:54 AM

Actually I was impressed that Pokey addressed this problem . I did take the "we suck" as a jovial way to get peoples attention . And it did. I have always been interested in the racing . I really enjoyed the mud racing when they had it in Sunnyside. Witch brings me to my point . I would've never been involved at all with it . But my friend happened to work with someone that was putting the event on. The reason was because I didn't know about it or hear about it. I got lucky and heard about the event ,word of mouth. I do understand about the undertaking a public viewed event is . This takes alot of work that is usually only done by the same very few people that get burnt out easy. And I would think the answer to that problem is only to make it public once a year.I think that would be enough to spark interest for most. To advertise this on the net is simple . Write a who,what,when and were post then copy and paste it to every forum you are on. Then in the same post ask others to copy and paste it to the forums they are on. It wont take long and everyone will know about the event and the PNW4DA will soon stop taking the heat for being unknown.
I have always known that the PNW4WDA had put on some kind of jeep barrel racing but had never seen a race. Until this year I found some you tube vids of a couple of races. I would think that I would put these vids of racing and a couple vids of trail runs that the PNW4DA hosted right on the main website page. I also think that the Assoc. should advertise like any other business. Any way they can! Me personally I would try to use every advertising media possible .
BTW: it is easy to photograph a race .
I personally would like to see this assoc. grow. Using a 4x4 is a unique and social thing.And to have such a large group to do it with is awesome!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:45 PM

Old thought ponderings - Some 20 years ago, there once was a fella named Tom Cowper that volunteered to help us (PNW4WDA) get noticed, fundraising, respected, create the atmosphere and so on that 'we' needed to get our sport - racing, trailing, 4X4 in general - on track.
The PNW4WDA BOD at that time said no way and they had a master plan - I see how well that worked. Tom kept in touch from time to time but has moved on to other things.
Secret and doing it the way its always been done is a thing of the past.
Trying things once again in a new way/format is/might work this trip around.
All it takes is some one to DO IT. If each of us takes on one pet project or one of our pet peeves and ALL the others SUPPORT that one person in their project rather than dissin' or complaining about it- we could do wonders to help support ourselves adn get things done.
There are many ways to get the job done but all it takes is the 1 way to do it and complete it!
Fall Delegates Meeting is tomorrow, that is the place to get it done or started - who is going??? Why or why not?
We suck because we chose to, plain and simple.
Shindig Wheelers #16
Pick Up A Mountain Coordinator
Old 09-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Has some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnRubi View Post
Fall Delegates Meeting is tomorrow, that is the place to get it done or started - who is going??? Why or why not?
Well lets see...look here. Kinda goes with the topic of this thread. I haven't looked around the board, it may be well advartised elsewhere....Honestly I don't know what the meeting is about and would not go regardless.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Washington State Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binder View Post
Well lets see...look here. Kinda goes with the topic of this thread. I haven't looked around the board, it may be well advartised elsewhere....Honestly I don't know what the meeting is about and would not go regardless.
http://www.pnw4wda.org/
Its on the front page and on the main calender . Not really sure why the two calenders (forum/ main) dont seem to work together. Looks like a job for Dan or Ed :Cob:

The meeting is one of our two regular buisness meetings for the entire assoc. Reports are given from all of the officers as to whats happening and whats coming up. Nominations are opened for next years officers. The PNW4WDA competition chair is elected and our fianances are discussed as well as any other issues that may come up.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 PM

Well I stand corrected . It had been awhile since I had looked at the main page. Thanks Jim.And I suppose you would know,your jeep was the first pic I saw . You should really have told your jeep to take a nap somewere else then in the middle of the trail though.Kinda blocking traffic. And to whom it may concern it looks good.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

At first I actually was a little offended by the title. Probably because the issue has to do directly with part of my role in the PNW4WDA and I felt it was a bit of a slam. I'm also a little thin skinned, but I got over it.

I completely agree, we do need to get the word out better. Not just racing, but everything we do. Some things that Rob and I have done regarding competition in the last couple of years are:

As soon as the race schedule is known (usually after Winter Convention in February) , itís sent to the PNW webmaster to post under ďCompetitionĒ and a link is created on the main page. Itís also printed in the Tri-Power.

I update the calendar on the main page with dates, host clubs and contact info (although I think the hosting club should really be doing this). Unfortunately at this time there are 2 separate calendars, one on the main page and one under the forum. Iíve been using the one under the main page because I assume thatís where most people start looking, especially non-PNW members, for event info. I believe our webmaster is working on the 2 calendar issue. Itís my opinion the calendar should be better utilized. There are lots of events that never even get posted. Any club hosting an event should update the calendar.

As flyers come out, I try to post copies in the forum under Racers Edge. Again, any club hosting an event should post their flyer under the appropriate section of the forum. The schedule is also "stickied" under Racers Edge.

A competition report is provided at every delegates meeting and at every BOD meeting that includes the schedule.

An e-mail tree was created so news, updates etc can be more efficiently communicated. Flyers are also distributed this way. Anyone who wants on the e-mail tree just needs to contact Rob.

The competition schedule was also distributed to the public during the January Monster Jam in the Tacoma Dome, the Moonshiners swap meet in March, 4-Wheel Parts Truck Fest in April at the Puyallup fairgrounds, and the WOHVA Expo in May at Straddleline ORV Park.

Iíve also tried posting information under other forums but with little success. One response to a posting was ďwe donítí race, we donít careĒ, but Iím willing to post again.

These are all baby steps in getting the word out. If anyone has any suggestions, weíre all ears. The Competition Chairmanís name, phone number and e-mail address is on every copy of the competition schedule but in case you donít know itís: Rob Stafford, 253-691-4351, staffordmotorsports@yahoo.com. The phone is charged and thereís plenty of room in the in-box, so letís hear your ideas.
PNW4WDA and Region 2 Public Relations
Real Deal Doe Run Member
Old 09-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Washington State Director

You should have given me a good slap yesterday then There was no malice intended in any way just a jovial retort to Ricks post on snort that in all actuality brought up a very valid point. Very sorry if anybody was offended in the method of my post. We all work very hard at what we do and I appreciate everyones efforts
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 09-16-2009, 11:16 AM
The One that Screws it up

Oh and Tell Rob Thanks for the Plug about Me being good at putting things on the site. I heard some Grunts and chuckles in thew background but that's ok I Try but not everything gets put up in what the individual thinks is a timly mannor...
DogpoundOffroad
Old 09-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfather View Post
Oh and Tell Rob Thanks for the Plug about Me being good at putting things on the site. I heard some Grunts and chuckles in thew background but that's ok I Try but not everything gets put up in what the individual thinks is a timly mannor...
Will do. I've found you to always be responsive in a timely manner to my requests for web site updates.
PNW4WDA and Region 2 Public Relations
Real Deal Doe Run Member
Old 09-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Crazy Jeep Girl

Many of us have made several efforts to help make the PNW grow. Being raised by parents who raced back in the day when spectators and racers were turned away because the arena/ park/ facility was too crowded to hold that many people, has made me work hard to help bring that back.

Everyone has made valid points: from security, to responsibility of members, to advertising and publishing. Its an effort we all need to make, not just the select few. I believe ALL the clubs with members that race need to be joining together to help promote. Every race that is held, no matter where, I make sure my family and friends know where, when and how much it is to get in. If we don't start helping each others clubs and start making sure EVERYONES races are being promoted, then we all fail.

There are other ways to promote on the internet. We could start having local auto businesses add a link to the PNW webpage on their webpage. Have them post our schedules in their stores and maybe even run an ad in the newspapers the thur and fri before the event. Every newspaper has an event page and there is no reason what we do shouldn't be in there.

Many of the racers have been diligant in making sure their videos they post on You Tube are linked to the PNW in some way, so that when someone watches, they know instantly what organization we are associated with and can then go there for more info. With more events outside of the actual spectrum of racing and wheeling (i.e. Monster Jam, 4 Wheel Part Events, etc.) we will be able to spread the word further. So lets ban together, all of us, and show these people what we are made of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
If we want our association to grow and prosper then we as members and the association as a whole need to reach out to new and potential members. One great and super easy way to do this is to advertize our events in every way possible that we can. The website is a great tool for that as most people use the web these days for gathering all types of information and its free.
Real Deal Doe Run Member
Just Try to keep up!
Closed Thread