Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Old 09-23-2009, 12:55 PM
BOD

Default Open Public meeting September 30, 2009

Got this from Dave McMains this morning and posting it for him. Also posting under Region 4 Sande

This is Anne Carter from www.ft4wd.com . The reason I am emailing you because there is a meeting planned in Ephrata on Sept. 30th that your 4x4 group might be interested in attending regarding the future of the Moses Lake and Beverly ORV areas:

Grant County Commissioners to hold Open Public Meeting to take public comment on the State ORV Funding Cuts

Ephrata The Grant County Board of County Commissioners will hold an Open Public Meeting on September 30, 2009 at 10:00 am in the Grant County Commissioners Hearing Room, Courthouse, Ephrata, WA take public comment on the managing and operation of the Moses Lake and Beverly Sand Dunes due to Grant County losing $200,000 in state funding over the next two years. The budget cuts are a result of the WA State Legislature redirecting the Nonhighway and Off-road Vehicle Activities (NOVA) to WA State Parks. This is nearly 10 million dollars of gas tax and ORV license tab money gone, leaving nothing for off-road vehicle recreation for at least the next two years.

Any interested persons may appear regarding these matters.

http://www.grantcountyweb.us/BOCC/Me...-ORV-Parks.pdf

I thought I would let you know of this in case you or your group members are interested in being there.

I hope to see you there!
Anne
Old 09-23-2009, 02:34 PM
ForestWatchVP.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
Got this from Dave McMains this morning and posting it for him. Also posting under Region 4 Sande

This is Anne Carter from www.ft4wd.com . The reason I am emailing you because there is a meeting planned in Ephrata on Sept. 30th that your 4x4 group might be interested in attending regarding the future of the Moses Lake and Beverly ORV areas:

Grant County Commissioners to hold Open Public Meeting to take public comment on the State ORV Funding Cuts

Ephrata The Grant County Board of County Commissioners will hold an Open Public Meeting on September 30, 2009 at 10:00 am in the Grant County Commissioners Hearing Room, Courthouse, Ephrata, WA take public comment on the managing and operation of the Moses Lake and Beverly Sand Dunes due to Grant County losing $200,000 in state funding over the next two years. The budget cuts are a result of the WA State Legislature redirecting the Nonhighway and Off-road Vehicle Activities (NOVA) to WA State Parks. This is nearly 10 million dollars of gas tax and ORV license tab money gone, leaving nothing for off-road vehicle recreation for at least the next two years.

I thought I would let you know of this in case you or your group members are interested in being there.

I hope to see you there!
Anne
Not they they won't but they should not be able to mess with Beverly since it is ran but the DNR. It should be up to the DNR if they want to close it. At this time the DNR had put a seasonal closer on Beverly because of there lost of NOVA funds.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:49 AM
"OLD GUY"

Hi Clay,
GCSO has been in charge of enforcement of the Beverly Sand dunes since the get-go. You are correct that DNR (WE)own the land but the GCSO patrols it. There is also a section of DNR school trust land here in the Moses Lake Sand dunes that is the same way. Grant County may own 1 section of land in the Moses Lake dunes, and the rest is DFW and private and DNR. I do not think it would be legal for them to close the land, but they would have to drop the ORV program. This would be a very bad thing as you know.
Cle Elum Ranger Dist. ORV Ranger
Build your rig to fit the trails, don't change the trails to fit your rig!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:59 AM
ForestWatchVP.org

I understand GCSO has been in charge of enforcement but other DNR SE Region areas are staying open without county enforcement. The DNR already has plan to do seasonal closers at Beverly because the DNR's loss of NOVA funds. It looks like DNR Officer Margheim will be out on his own if Grant County loses there ORV deputies since we are here in Yakima County. The DNR is working on a plan where users help keep other users from causing damage to keep these places open.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:54 PM
BOD

Default public meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberry View Post

I hope to see you there!
Anne
Posting this for Dave McMains

Grant County Commissioners are holding a Public Meeting for comments reference the managing and operations of the Moses Lake Sand Dunes and Beverly Sand Dunes.

Date: September 30th, 2009 at 1000 am in Ephrata Washington.

There has been several discussions on what the County might do reference the Moses Lake Sand Dunes and Beverly Sand Dunes. This includes possible Usage fee's and or Closure of ORV Parks (although no final decision has been made).

If you are unable to attend and would like to write to the Grant County Commissioners, reference this issue or past experiences at the Moses Lake or Beverly Sand Dunes. Feel free to send an E-mail to me and it will be given to the commissioners at the time of the hearing.

Thank you,

Kyle Cox, ORV Deputy

Grant County Sheriff's Office

(509)760-5288

E-mail-kcox@co.grant.wa.us
Old 09-24-2009, 05:45 PM
"OLD GUY"

You are welcome to post your comments here but for goodness sake be sure to send them to Deputy Cox!!!!!:cl ap:
Cle Elum Ranger Dist. ORV Ranger
Build your rig to fit the trails, don't change the trails to fit your rig!