Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 11-22-2009, 12:05 PM
"OLD GUY"

this is the decal I saw at Liberty
Is this your club?
Why would I think it was not your club?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WHORE.jpg (16.2 KB, 102 views)
Cle Elum Ranger Dist. ORV Ranger
Build your rig to fit the trails, don't change the trails to fit your rig!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Friends

How about this describe the rigs that the stickers where on. Give us more than just the color and it was a jeep.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Has some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McMains View Post
Is this your club?
From Memorial day 2008? I'm not defending anyone but if you saw something worth persuing in 2008 why wait until now to bring it up.
On another note....Because something looks to you to be not acceptable behavior doesn't mean it's not acceptable. Reiter is not a ORV park and ORV park rules have not applied at Reiter up to this point. I'm not saying that there has been no resource damage done in any videos but not acceptable to you may or may not apply.
Again I'm not defending anyone or condoning any actions either.....Just saying.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McMains View Post
Is this your club?
That is our sticker, Yes. Can they be replicated by someone with a gurdge. Yes. Once again, it was noone from our club. So next time get names, license numbers take pics videos and the whole gamut. The lynch squad has been after us forever so we must run a clean ship.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:51 PM
"OLD GUY"

To both of you, what I see on the videos from your web site is not good for our sport. You are correct to the letter of the law, you may have not broken any laws. BUT you are not treading lightly by any stretch of imagination!
In 2008 I choose to overlook a bunch of "goofballs" that should know better, I have since changed my attitude towards these guys. I have worked real hard to make the Liberty trails the best area to wheel I can do. It is not the most Challenging area in the State, but is good enough for me and my club. So with that said if I see the behavior I saw from a group of people with your club stickers on it in the future you can bet I will be all over them.
In the same verse, if I got word that someone was running around with my club stickers on their rig and their actions were giving me and my club grief, I would see to it that they would be found out and taken care of.
As far as what the rigs were it seems like a tan samurai and several Toyota pickups. Why should I get more information, at the time I wasn't going to pursue them any more. It just stuck in my mind what they were. all had exo cages and most of the pickups were without beds, just cages. Most were beat almost into unrecognizable shapes, IE they ran in a lot of real tight areas and didnt care if they got beat.
You are right 2008 was a long time ago, but to hear that the same club has been called out again for the same thing tends to make a guy remember. You all remember the old saying, do something right and no one notices, do something wrong and people will remember forever.
I want you to know, we work too hard to keep the areas that we have open, to have a group of guys like your club out there posting videos on the internet and renegading trails, and generally not abiding with any rules, will do more to further the "anti" groups than all the good PR we can possibly get. I am asking you nicely to play right and abide by the rules set up to protect our sport. This includes staying off trails that are closed. Even tho the last time you were there they were open. Times change, issues change, people change, you guys need to clean up your act and become "respectable"! I am tied of having to listen to groups like yours that say "It was someone else!" Find out who tore the fence up and turn them in, maybe then you will be a little more believable.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
"OLD GUY"

I guess the thing I am asking is for you guys(W.H.O.R.E) find out who damaged the fence at Reiter and turn them in, that would clear(?) your name of the offense and maybe give people a better impression of your club, you have to admit even your name is a little ..... over the edge. I have no problem with young kids making mistakes in their life, but to blame it on some fictional "group" because no one paid close enough attention to turn them in at that time doesn't make it right for either side. I don't know of too much counterfeiting of club emblems, I think that is a little bit of a stretch. Old club members that did not remove their decals, yes, and your club should take care of that, then you wouldn't have to defend your club.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Friends

Hey Dave. Are you listening to me at all? Our club has NEVER been to liberty. One day you will realize this, apologize and we wont care.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
"OLD GUY"

Why should I apologize for something I saw and know is true? I do not lay down like that! If I was not sure about what I saw I would drop it, I know what I saw! The main thing I am pointing out is IF you care about Reiter, then find out who damaged the fence and turn them in! I dont care about whether your club ever went to liberty I do care about a club that had your rig decals on and ran some closed trails! When are you going to get it? You need to clear your name, not me! I will work with you to help find out who took out the fence, but I am on the east side of the state, I have never been to Reiter, dont even know where it is. I DO care about land being closed due to resource damage, no matter where it is located. Your club has been accused of tearing up the fence, take care of that issue and we will be ok.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:12 PM
<----Busy Wild

I am happy that this type of discussion promotes our sport and helps push it into the future for ALL of us.
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Friends

What fence are you talking about?