Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 11-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Washington State Director

And how many times have the PNW members been refered to as "old guys"
Attached Images
File Type: gif potkettle.gif (12.9 KB, 1 views)
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 11-28-2009, 11:44 AM
No club affiliation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
And how many times have the PNW members been refered to as "old guys"

You're right, I shall henceforth refer to the PNW mentality and actions as those of old people. Sorry to forget about the women.

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE TRASH View Post
You're right, I shall henceforth refer to the PNW mentality and actions as those of old people. Sorry to forget about the women.
Your sure trying hard to not fit in around here Ryan.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:31 PM
No club affiliation

Quote:
Your sure trying hard to not fit in around here Ryan.

No worries, I don't have to try. My views and vehicle are not popular with the seemingly vast majority here. I'll just keep on wheeling my too big, too loud vehicle and leaving nary a mark where I've been while those that think we should all be driving the same boring little narrow rigs think I'm Satan incarnate.

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE TRASH View Post
No worries, I don't have to try. My views and vehicle are not popular with the seemingly vast majority here. I'll just keep on wheeling my too big, too loud vehicle and leaving nary a mark where I've been while those that think we should all be driving the same boring little narrow rigs think I'm Satan incarnate.
Boring try driving one of those narrow rigs up the crack at funny rocks or sidehilling at rimrock. Anything but boring
Old 11-28-2009, 02:54 PM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Boring try driving one of those narrow rigs up the crack at funny rocks or sidehilling at rimrock. Anything but boring

:Cob:
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 PM
No club affiliation

Not what I meant by boring but I see your point. When 90% of the rigs all match the same little dimensions on width, wheelbase and tire size that is boring. Don't think I'm just talking about Jeeps either, yota's are probably worse with sami's taking up the tail on that short list.

Build it right and you can take just about anything up the crack, there is a simple trick to it that even a UTV or stock sami can use as long as it's locked up and geared.

Rimrock is another story, but I still run the place and love every minute of it.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Friends

Wow what a read... some interesting comments and opinions from everyone.

1st -- Regarding the 'ethics' of the mud areas. This is totally subjective. In our sport, 'ethical' wheeling usually equals legal wheeling. I disagree with the notion that mud bogging, wheel spinning, or even tree scraping, etc are unethical.. as long as they're legal (aka the landowner allows it). I don't buy into the 'tread lightly' moniker. I like the phrase 'tread in context' (I know its not as catchy but it makes the point)

2nd -- Lets expand 'legal' for a moment. Lets say I want to setup a ORV area that has bogs, tight trees, etc. This should be just fine, and ethical. If I'm the land owner, they are my trees, my water, etc. As long as I don't cause impact outside my property, we're all good.

3rd -- We all have different types of impact. Some have more impact than others. But lets put this in perspective. A mudbog, or even running up trees is NOTHING compared to the impact of a Ski Area. Ski areas not only get clearcut, they get land trimmed so they can open earlier. They many times have larger slopes than we do, etc, etc. So why don't people get all angry about these areas?

I'd even argue that the Greenies would be fine with those three videos if the following were met:
1) No ecological damage outside of the area of impact
2) Resource re-reimbursement for damaged DNR land. (aka money for trees lost)
3) Area of impact is designated and had proper environmental studies performed and approved.

If the PNW leadership advocates places like Walker and Tahuyla, quite frankly I can understand why the whores want nothing to do with them. Personally, I think the whores and other built vehicle groups need to form a larger organization so they can have political power. Obviously folks who wheel 50-60s willys on 31s are not going to be advocating for the same trails as someone in a built buggy with 42s.

Lastly, there seems to be a lot of finger pointing with lack of facts or context. People naturally like to draw conclusions first and ask questions later, which I think puts a lot of tension on both parties. It'd be nice if this stopped....
Old 12-03-2009, 03:51 PM

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 12-03-2009, 08:58 PM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by japerry View Post
Wow what a read... some interesting comments and opinions from everyone.

1st -- Regarding the 'ethics' of the mud areas. This is totally subjective. In our sport, 'ethical' wheeling usually equals legal wheeling. I disagree with the notion that mud bogging, wheel spinning, or even tree scraping, etc are unethical.. as long as they're legal (aka the landowner allows it). I don't buy into the 'tread lightly' moniker. I like the phrase 'tread in context' (I know its not as catchy but it makes the point)

2nd -- Lets expand 'legal' for a moment. Lets say I want to setup a ORV area that has bogs, tight trees, etc. This should be just fine, and ethical. If I'm the land owner, they are my trees, my water, etc. As long as I don't cause impact outside my property, we're all good.

3rd -- We all have different types of impact. Some have more impact than others. But lets put this in perspective. A mudbog, or even running up trees is NOTHING compared to the impact of a Ski Area. Ski areas not only get clearcut, they get land trimmed so they can open earlier. They many times have larger slopes than we do, etc, etc. So why don't people get all angry about these areas?

I'd even argue that the Greenies would be fine with those three videos if the following were met:
1) No ecological damage outside of the area of impact
2) Resource re-reimbursement for damaged DNR land. (aka money for trees lost)
3) Area of impact is designated and had proper environmental studies performed and approved.

If the PNW leadership advocates places like Walker and Tahuyla, quite frankly I can understand why the whores want nothing to do with them. Personally, I think the whores and other built vehicle groups need to form a larger organization so they can have political power. Obviously folks who wheel 50-60s willys on 31s are not going to be advocating for the same trails as someone in a built buggy with 42s.

Lastly, there seems to be a lot of finger pointing with lack of facts or context. People naturally like to draw conclusions first and ask questions later, which I think puts a lot of tension on both parties. It'd be nice if this stopped....

Thank you for this post.

Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin