Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 09-16-2009, 03:53 PM
ForestWatchVP.org

Question Club Membership

Once a club becomes a PNW4WDA Club, what does the club have to put back into the PNW4WDA? I read, "Each club may send two delegates to monthly region meetings and to association business meetings". Is there more required from the clubs. Do club have to attend PNW4WDA functions or put them on?

Old 09-16-2009, 04:13 PM
The One that Screws it up

Clay from what I have gathered the only responsibility a (CLUB) has to the PNW4WDA is to become incorporated and send in bylaws and a roster with dues yearly.

That is all
DogpoundOffroad
Old 09-16-2009, 04:19 PM
ForestWatchVP.org

So all the PNW4WDA events held, some club volunteers to put them on? Like Summer Convention, Winter Convention and Trail Jam?

Old 09-16-2009, 04:36 PM
The One that Screws it up

Yes...But not Trail Jam, That is an appointed position from People that voulenteer
ie merrick and kim are no longer the Trail Jam commitie heads we just swore in a New couple....

But yes all the events yuou see clubs voulenteer to host them. Like Winter convention 2010 the moonshiners steped up and sent in a bid and the deligates voted to have them host it.
DogpoundOffroad
Old 09-16-2009, 04:51 PM
ForestWatchVP.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfather View Post
Yes...But not Trail Jam, That is an appointed position from People that voulenteer
ie merrick and kim are no longer the Trail Jam commitie heads we just swore in a New couple....

But yes all the events yuou see clubs voulenteer to host them. Like Winter convention 2010 the moonshiners steped up and sent in a bid and the deligates voted to have them host it.
Yes I know about the change of the Trail Jam Chairman. I was asking about the clubs who work it. I know the Shindig Wheelers do a lot for our area and at the Trail Jam. I am guessing more clubs help at the Trail Jam. I have never went and do not know.

Well that answers that. I ask incase our club ever joins or if we make an Individual membership club here in Region 4.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Wascaly

Winter convention, Summer convention, and fall delagets are things that not just one club puts it on with the expetion of 2010 winter convention were the moonshiners are the only ones putting it on because that is what they wanted other wise it is a group effert for those three events.

And the rest of the trail events and races are put on because one club voulenteered to front the cost of the bills that go along with those events but do not make money for them selves but to found other things that benift the PNW4WDA.

trail jam has clubs that host runs on the many different trails Naches has so there are several clubs that help but that is because they love to help the PNW4WDA not because they have to.

Last edited by Tamararabbit; 09-16-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Cherokee Master

No requirements other than pay yearly dues. If the club wants to host and put on events, go for it, Meetings are bid a year in advance, Two or more bids are voted on by the delegates. Under a year, 1st bid takes it. Summer convention is a little different, as under a year, PNW will host.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 09-16-2009, 05:10 PM
ForestWatchVP.org

Thanks for the great info.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:23 AM
ForestWatchVP.org

Another question;

I know the PNW4WDA Fees.
(Annual dues for Club membership are $35.00 per member family. Clubs wishing to join the PNW4WDA must have two representatives submit an application, along with a $25.00 application fee to their region director at a regularly scheduled region meeting.)
Does the club have to get a non-profit license from the state too or are they covered under the PNW4WDA?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Washington State Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceg_ View Post
Another question;

I know the PNW4WDA Fees.
(Annual dues for Club membership are $35.00 per member family. Clubs wishing to join the PNW4WDA must have two representatives submit an application, along with a $25.00 application fee to their region director at a regularly scheduled region meeting.)
Does the club have to get a non-profit license from the state too or are they covered under the PNW4WDA?
Yes a club has to be licensed with the state before they become members. I dont think theres any rule as to non profit or profit but I also dont know of any clubs that are listed and "for profit" the tax liability would be a nightmare.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA