Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 11-24-2009, 02:16 PM
No club affiliation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
Now why would you want to do that ? She broke a rule by cross posting from a private area and thats why the post was moved. She has every right to fix the post and repost it. (suprised she has'nt) Since you and your members have been on our site you have been behaving yourself very well and I have been quite impressed. Why would you want to ruin that by violating the very same rule that the post was removed for I know on your site there are very few rule and just about anything goes but on here we have some rules and guidelines that we expect to be followed. It really irks me when someone breaks the basic trust of a private area or a PM and posts it to further their "cause" and it will not be tolerated at all by myself or the other mods. Trust is a valuabe thing and abusing it will always cost you in the end.

BTW Peanuts post is saved in the mod area and I will be happy to send it back to her in a pm if she cares to fix it for reposting.

No worries she has the post, but the funny thing is she didn't bring anything out of the members area considering she's not a member.

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Cherokee Master

WT- The part of my comment about others doing the same was about your and Dave's exchange on posting vid's. You had that going on while I was working up the post.

Since we don't know each other and the way that we wheel our rigs, I will let that crack about tearing stuff up slide. Ask anyone down here that I have ever been on a run with how I run and you might rethink that.

It is natural to think that you are a part of that particular group since you seen to be bent on defending the type of wheeling depicted in the vids mentioned. If that is not the case you have my sincere apoligies.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 11-24-2009, 03:18 PM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE TRASH View Post
No worries she has the post, but the funny thing is she didn't bring anything out of the members area considering she's not a member.

Peanuts is a PNW member and therefore entitled to post in the Private PNW members area, where we discuss PNW business.
Are you telling me she is not?

Cause we can fix that.....

It would be great if the Whore club joined the PNW, nothing like some new wheelers with the talent and passion they have toward wheeling.

I personally have learned allot by this discussion.

I enjoy watching some of the You Tube videos on the internet, but I can tell you so do the people that want to take away our freedom to use our land.

Did you folks hear of the girl that was denied disability because her insurance company checked out her FaceBook page?

Be aware that anyone that has an axe to grind with you or what you do can and will research you on the internet, and they can and will use it against you.
It can be as simple as checking for that deck you put on your house without a permit, to taking away our freedom to wheel.
Google earth/streets is not your friend.
As wonderful as the internet is, is as bad as the internet can be.

Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 11-24-2009, 03:31 PM
ORV Trail Watch Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Waugh View Post
Since we don't know each other and the way that we wheel our rigs, I will let that crack about tearing stuff up slide. Ask anyone down here that I have ever been on a run with how I run and you might rethink that.
Art, Trashy's crack about tearing stuff up is a generalized comment. Because we wheel a large tired and large wheelbased rigs we are constantly hammered by "you're tearing up the trails" when in all reality we aren't. We could if we wanted to I suppose - but we don't. Our truck is built that we can pretty much idle through anything - we are wide enough that we normally straddle the ruts left by the smaller rigs and even though our tires will leave a larger footprint, because we don't have to spin them - we don't do any damage.
A lot of times it is much easier for our rig to get through a tough spot than it is a smaller tired, smaller wheelbased (both width and length) rig with out tearing things up.
So that crack was not geared toward you personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNirvana View Post
Peanuts is a PNW member and therefore entitled to post in the Private PNW members area, where we discuss PNW business.
Are you telling me she is not?

Cause we can fix that.....

It would be great if the Whore club joined the PNW, nothing like some new wheelers with the talent and passion they have toward wheeling.

I personally have learned allot by this discussion.

I enjoy watching some of the You Tube videos on the internet, but I can tell you so do the people that want to take away our freedom to use our land.

Did you folks hear of the girl that was denied disability because her insurance company checked out her FaceBook page?

Be aware that anyone that has an axe to grind with you or what you do can and will research you on the internet, and they can and will use it against you.
It can be as simple as checking for that deck you put on your house without a permit, to taking away our freedom to wheel.
Google earth/streets is not your friend.
As wonderful as the internet is, is as bad as the internet can be.

No I am not a "member" of PNW and if I wanted to be I would have joined by now. I am also not a member of any club. Same with Trashy. Nor will we ever be.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Cherokee Master

My wheeling rig for the past 10 years has been the 81 Cherokee in my sig line. The new wheeling rig is the 88 below it, but has not yet seen any use as it is still in progress and getting some reliabilty issues worked on. Since it will have the stock running gear, I sure won't be hammering hard on the 30 and 35. I know where you are coming from with the size difference.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Old 11-24-2009, 03:59 PM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Art, Trashy's crack about tearing stuff up is a generalized comment. Because we wheel a large tired and large wheelbased rigs we are constantly hammered by "you're tearing up the trails" when in all reality we aren't. We could if we wanted to I suppose - but we don't. Our truck is built that we can pretty much idle through anything - we are wide enough that we normally straddle the ruts left by the smaller rigs and even though our tires will leave a larger footprint, because we don't have to spin them - we don't do any damage.
A lot of times it is much easier for our rig to get through a tough spot than it is a smaller tired, smaller wheelbased (both width and length) rig with out tearing things up.
So that crack was not geared toward you personally.

No I am not a "member" of PNW and if I wanted to be I would have joined by now. I am also not a member of any club. Same with Trashy. Nor will we ever be.

Alright, my bad, I did not check and now I have.

So someone has given you quote that is a PNW member so you can use those quotes.

Just as private messages are private so is our PNW member area.

Clay you know how much I care for you and how much I value your participation here. You also know how I have lobbied for you in many ways.
I warned that there would be ramification if you broke the rules of trust here.
It ties my stomach in knots to do this but I am banning you for 3 days for posting over at Peak Putters information that came from our private area.
I am putting this message to you here in public because folks need to know that we are serious about trust issues here.

I know you read this thread this morning.

http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1283

Folks this is a fantastic discussion you are having here one of the best I have seen since the inception of this new board. Please keep keep it going and keep it within the rules.
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 11-24-2009, 04:02 PM
ORV Trail Watch Owner

To put it simply... this is our rig -

Well at least it was up until a couple of weeks ago when Trashy decided it was time for a tranny/transfer case upgrade and new body....lol

It sits on 44's and 1 tons, it's 91" wide at the bulge of the tire, it's 128.5" long from hub to hub, it's 25" to the flat belly. It's powered by a 22RE.

When we go wheeling the bystanders all of the sudden become Japanese tourists at Disneyland with their camera actions thinking that we are going to put on a good show for them......and they end up very disappointed when we quietly idle through an obstacle that has given others major problems.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
To put it simply... this is our rig -

Well at least it was up until a couple of weeks ago when Trashy decided it was time for a tranny/transfer case upgrade and new body....lol

It sits on 44's and 1 tons, it's 91" wide at the bulge of the tire, it's 128.5" long from hub to hub, it's 25" to the flat belly. It's powered by a 22RE.

When we go wheeling the bystanders all of the sudden become Japanese tourists at Disneyland with their camera actions thinking that we are going to put on a good show for them......and they end up very disappointed when we quietly idle through an obstacle that has given others major problems.
I'm not a throttle jockey either. I see folks hammer thier rigs up stuff that my little Sami will putt right up. Just gotta know where to put the tire and keep 'er rollin'! If more folks thought this way the areas we are allowed to wheel would be that much prettier.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
&amp;quot;OLD GUY&amp;quot;

Right on for the both of you!
Cle Elum Ranger Dist. ORV Ranger
Build your rig to fit the trails, don't change the trails to fit your rig!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Cherokee Master

Well my cherk is not quite that wide. My axles are 5-6 inches wider than a 4 door "old" waggy, and right at the width of a mid to late 70's 1/2 ton chev. 31's on 7 inch waggy alloys, on a 109" wb

Hear hear for the "wheeling with class" thought. I learned many many years ago that "hard parts are spendy, and pain hurts".

Nice toy