Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 11-25-2009, 10:50 AM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE TRASH View Post
I already knew the facts, Clay posted an e mail that went out to how many people? The contents of that e mail had a couple quotes taken from the back room sure. But if you actually take a second to track where it came from they were 3rd hand quotes by that time and Clay didn't pull a single one out of your precious members area. Besides, my post wasn't directed at you in the first place but hey, I guess it sorta fits when you stand back and look at it don't it?

Btw, that was the fastest 3 day ban I've ever seen... I guess I slept through thanksgiving my wife is gonna be ticked...

Again, I don't need to check facts. Although I have, and also spent an hour on the phone last night with Clay. He was sent an e-mail explaining what happened and why.
We are not out to be jerks here. Hence my lifting of his ban this morning.
We are working to make it a fun and informational site for EVERYONE. Including you.
How much more of my time would you like me to devote to this?
I'm quite sure we both have better things to do.
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 11-25-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

I see why you guys have so many members standing in line wanting in now
Old 11-25-2009, 11:06 AM
No club affiliation

Nope you're right you don't NEED to check facts, as admin you can do what you like. I'm an admin on a bigger and much busier board than this and it really doesn't take much of my time at all. Granted it is closer to the antithesis of this board in rules but the members regulate each other just fine. Everyone knows the rules and they push them to their limits regularly but rarely cross them.

One tip that I had to figure out myself is to keep people around you that you don't agree with. As much as I'd like to shut up those that I simply can not stand I find it keeps me in check to have an alternative view point around. How boring it would be if everyone was just like me.. (shudder the thought!)

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Cherokee Master

Big Iron- What it all comes down to is: It might be a legal and open area, but that vid WILL be taken out on context and used for closures. If not here then somewhere else in the country, thanks a whole lot for that.

But since you don't tend to give a darn as long as you can do your thing, go for it. Just don't come crying when it is all gone, or even when this area is closed up, weather it is your group or not that is the problem. I just flat give up on you and your kind. You don't get it and NEVER EVER WILL

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 11-25-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Waugh View Post
Big Iron- What it all comes down to is: It might be a legal and open area, but that vid WILL be taken out on context and used for closures. If not here then somewhere else in the country, thanks a whole lot for that.

But since you don't tend to give a darn as long as you can do your thing, go for it. Just don't come crying when it is all gone, or even when this area is closed up, weather it is your group or not that is the problem. I just flat give up on you and your kind. You don't get it and NEVER EVER WILL
Art....me and my kind ARE responsible wheeler's that WHEEL IN OPEN AREAS ABIDING BY THE RULES the area in question is nothing more than a low spot no fish,no stream, Your analogy is like having a race car at the track and not being able to drive it because a spectator thinks it is not PC because you do to big of a BURNOUT with it......Times have changed and they will continue to change well beyond me destroying your off road areas. vehicles have evolved well beyond the capabilities of what all the old school PNW group owns or runs.....Big tires are in and tear up far less real estate than a ill prepared rig on small rubber with a determined idiot behind the wheel anyway you sir have a fine day and I will as well....PS( I will postup on your site here when I go to the other side so you all can warm up your camcorders and get ready for the destruction that I leave.... and the ruts from my 44" boggers as I am wildly whipping the rear steer from side to side as I force my way thru your narrow trails with my 98" wide footprint) the part in the parentheses is a joke.....but it is the picture that you guys see
Old 11-25-2009, 03:19 PM
<----Busy Wild

This musical interlude brought to you by:

JeepNirvana
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin

Last edited by JeepNirvana; 11-25-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:23 PM
&amp;quot;OLD GUY&amp;quot;

Big Iron it is not us that dont get it! it is the greenies that will take the video and show it to some government official and say this is how the streams get silted in! the government official will not take the time to find out where the video was taken, they will just say we better close the trails down! It could be in Tennessee for all that matters all they are going to see is a rig in a mud hole getting stuck!

Do you understand that? It is not what the video shows it is where the video is shown!
Cle Elum Ranger Dist. ORV Ranger
Build your rig to fit the trails, don't change the trails to fit your rig!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:33 PM
ORV Trail Watch Owner

Really.... in all actuality

just about ANY of the pictures or videos that are posted of anyone wheeling, participating in a work party or even doing a clean up can be taken out of context and used for closures.

Here's a prime example...

Now to anyone that hasn't read the write up that Ceg did for that work party - they wouldn't know that the huge tree in the picture was already down when the group came upon it during a work party and that the wheelers were actually clearing the tree from across the trail. So even wheelers just looking at the picture could ASSUME that these people are doing illegal acts.

Non-wheelers looking at that picture, they see three 4x4's with a chainsaw out in the woods...... they ASSUME that the people in the picture are out there illegally cutting down trees in the forest - doesn't matter when, where or why - or the fact that it is on a legal wheeling trail. It could even be on private property - it doesn't matter. All that matters is the story they make up to fit that picture to tell to someone else.

When in all reality the group working on that trail is probably one of the MOST ACTIVE clubs in Washington State in doing work parties and clean ups.

This is why you can't make assumptions and accusations. You can't base an opinion of a person or a group of people on a picture or video that you have no idea when, where, or why that picture or video was taken. Especially if you can't be 100% sure WHO is in the picture or video. Even if a video is posted on youtube and has a posting date of say - last week - you have no idea of when that video was actually taken unless the date is on the video itself - OR- if you were the one standing behind the camera. That video could have been taken two years ago in some area that isn't even Washington state. You also cannot base an opinion on a person or group of people by a bunch of rumors. Anyone remember the game telephone??? That's probably the best example ever of how a rumor travels. By the time it gets to you.... who knows what was really said.

These actions need to stop amongst our wheeling community. If you actually see someone doing something wrong on the trails system or camp area. Write down the information, take pictures or video - provide the date, time and precise location of the violation - DO NOT TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAW WITH ANYONE ELSE UNTIL YOU HAVE REPORTED THE VIOLATION TO THE LEO. Your information is going to differ from your buddies information who was standing there next to you watching the violation happen. You are going to see different details that may be important to the investigation. Sharing details muddies that waters so to speak. REPORT THE VIOLATION IMMEDIATELY IF POSSIBLE OR AS SOON AS YOU HAVE CELL SERVICE OR ARE IN A LOCATION WITH A PHONE. It takes a lot less time to fine someone if they are caught in the act. If you cannot report the violation immediately do it as soon as possible so they can get the investigation started. Remember the more information the better.

Now if you find a picture or video that is of questionable content, contact the person who posted it and simply ask NICELY if it could be removed and explain why. If they refuse to remove it - then report the picture or video to the site hosting it. If you can prove when and where the photo or video was taken and who is in it - by all means report them. But unfortunately a lot of the time you cant. If you know who is in it but don't have a time/date or location the most those people are going to get is a warning. If you don't have any information - try finding some - the internet is a wonderful thing.
I was able to track down a group we caught tearing up a meadow by posting up a picture. I found out the area they were from, their names, where they worked, where the trucks were kept, other vehicles they drove, girlfriends names and where they worked, every house address they ever lived in and phone numbers. By the time I was finished the only thing I was lacking - which was a very vital piece, was a license plate number. But I ended up getting that too. The whole time I was researching - so were the LEO's. Last I heard they were going to court.

In all honesty......
I don't like reporting people. I don't want to have to do it. But I do because I want to be able to wheel, and I want others to be able to wheel. This is my effort to help keep our trails open.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:08 PM
&amp;quot;OLD GUY&amp;quot;

so it is OK for people to post up on you tube, videos of themselves romping around in a mud hole and leave it for everyone to see?
Cle Elum Ranger Dist. ORV Ranger
Build your rig to fit the trails, don't change the trails to fit your rig!
Old 11-25-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McMains View Post
so it is OK for people to post up on you tube, videos of themselves romping around in a mud hole and leave it for everyone to see?
IMO yes as long as it is a legal area