Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 11-25-2009, 09:37 PM
No club affiliation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McMains View Post
I guess I don't have a clue how it really works.

Admiting you have a problem is the first step in recovery. Good job, with a little help you'll be all better soon.

Ok, kidding aside. Daveif you would take the time to read and dare I suggest you reflect upon what has been posted concerning this issue you would have seen that the issue has already been resolved. As far as what is posted online that was covered already as well. Infighting isn't the answer, getting you tube vids pulled, pictures taken offline isn't going to do a whole lot but I guess if it gives you a feeling of accomplishment then great.

I understand your passionate about wheeling, I more than share in your feelings but you need to realize the horse is dead, you can put the bat down.

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

Dave...... you are still dodging the question I ask about dislodging rocks still resource damage correct?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

I will try to get the video down Dave....What more do you want other that to continue to crusify me for playing in the mud....I would like to meet you someday as you are probably a decent person....so this summer I plan to come over to your side may times as reiter will be locked up in red tape for a while to reopen it if it ever is reopened.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:52 PM
"OLD GUY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by big iron View Post
Dave...... you are still dodging the question I ask about dislodging rocks still resource damage correct?
I would say yes it probably is, do you see any rolling? That was taken at the moon rocks , you know sand stone , not many rocks. we did scrape some stone though.
Cle Elum Ranger Dist. ORV Ranger
Build your rig to fit the trails, don't change the trails to fit your rig!
Old 11-25-2009, 10:09 PM
No club affiliation

Ok, what do dislodged rocks and rutted mudholes have in common?

They are both standard issue trail erosion.

What else do they have in common?

We all attend trail maintnance parties and fix the problems.

Now can we drop the squabling and focus on the real issue of winning this battle now?

Dave you mentioned earlier that we have less trails to wheel on now vs. 30 years ago and you wondered why. I have a very sound theory for you to consider. Could it have been the last 40 years of attempted apeazment and giving up some lands in hope at finding a happy medium with the far left?

Nahh, I'm not old enough to be intelligent enough to see that...

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:19 PM
"OLD GUY"

Quote:
I will try to get the video down Dave....What more do you want other that to continue to crusify me for playing in the mud....I would like to meet you someday as you are probably a decent person....so this summer I plan to come over to your side may times as reiter will be locked up in red tape for a while to reopen it if it ever is reopened.

I would love to take you wheeling over here, but you will have to shrink it as full size will not fit on some trails! I do like the rig though! I still want you guys to understand, I dont care how you run, I do care as to how it is looked at by the opposition. I dont know if they could find anything wrong with my picture as you dont see anything rolling or flying in the air. They probably could though. (by the way I wasnt driving my Jeep there, it was my 16 year old son! I didnt have the guts to do what he did! Nervous? ONLY A BUNCH! but boy I was right beside him as he went! on the outside didnt even want to ride with him!)
Old 11-25-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McMains View Post
I would love to take you wheeling over here, but you will have to shrink it as full size will not fit on some trails! I do like the rig though! I still want you guys to understand, I dont care how you run, I do care as to how it is looked at by the opposition. I dont know if they could find anything wrong with my picture as you dont see anything rolling or flying in the air. They probably could though. (by the way I wasnt driving my Jeep there, it was my 16 year old son! I didnt have the guts to do what he did! Nervous? ONLY A BUNCH! but boy I was right beside him as he went! on the outside didnt even want to ride with him!)
my rig will fit most trails unless you have a set of goalposts otherwise my rear steer comes in very handy.......And I will look you up as I have never been on that side of the hill so a knowlegable guide would be awsome.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:30 PM
"OLD GUY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE TRASH View Post
Ok, what do dislodged rocks and rutted mudholes have in common?

They are both standard issue trail erosion.

What else do they have in common?

They are looked down upon by the "antis"

We all attend trail maintnance parties and fix the problems.

Yep even tho I lost my dad this summer I was still able to log over 100 hours for CleElum. my club over 1000 hrs.

Now can we drop the squabling and focus on the real issue of winning this battle now?

Squabbling? I am having a great discussion I would hope you see it that way too!

Dave you mentioned earlier that we have less trails to wheel on now vs. 30 years ago and you wondered why. I have a very sound theory for you to consider. Could it have been the last 40 years of attempted apeazment and giving up some lands in hope at finding a happy medium with the far left?

Do you really think that is what it is? Or is it that as we got more and more use we lost control.

Nahh, I'm not old enough to be intelligent enough to see that...
I think you know better than that!

Last edited by Dave McMains; 11-25-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:35 PM
"OLD GUY"

Quote:
my rig will fit most trails unless you have a set of goalposts otherwise my rear steer comes in very handy.......And I will look you up as I have never been on that side of the hill so a knowlegable guide would be awsome.
I have a couple of spots where I get the windshield jambed between trees we actually have a bunch of goal posts, but most of the time you can climb them (gently) and be able to slide through. I dont know if you want me to guide you , my handle is "wrongway"! Never been lost more than a day, but have sure learned a lot about the country!
Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 PM
No club affiliation

Dave the left looks down upon the fact that we dare to even speak of wheeling let alone actually doing it. My take is anti pandering, go do it in a responsible manner and to **** with what they think. Just a couple weeks ago there were a few people from the tricycle hearald newspaper with us at juniper dunes. Their attitude changed 100% from the time they showed up vs. after riding through the dunes and seeing what its all about. I say we have a seasonal "take a greenie wheeling" trip... haha

Big iron your truck will be fine on about 90% of the trails at lil naches and around 50% of rimrock. Your biggest issue will be your height, many trails have downed trees over parts of the trail and there is a lot of sidehill action. The narrowed cab and doved nose & tail will help you greatly. The 4ws and front dig will get you through all but the tightest trails with ease.