Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 11-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Washington State Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE TRASH View Post
Dave the left looks down upon the fact that we dare to even speak of wheeling let alone actually doing it. My take is anti pandering, go do it in a responsible manner and to **** with what they think. Just a couple weeks ago there were a few people from the tricycle hearald newspaper with us at juniper dunes. Their attitude changed 100% from the time they showed up vs. after riding through the dunes and seeing what its all about. I say we have a seasonal "take a greenie wheeling" trip... haha

Big iron your truck will be fine on about 90% of the trails at lil naches and around 50% of rimrock. Your biggest issue will be your height, many trails have downed trees over parts of the trail and there is a lot of sidehill action. The narrowed cab and doved nose & tail will help you greatly. The 4ws and front dig will get you through all but the tightest trails with ease.
Ryan, Thats great that you took the newsies wheeling its a great way of teaching them and those that dont understand our sport. Maybe thats why we have been doing it for years. We have had several symposioms (sp) over the years with all sorts of govt agencys. Some of these have lastd for several days and covered several offroading areas. We almost yearly take our forest service people out on trips to show them what we really are like. Dave himself took the team from Northwest backroads out to do a TV show on Moses Lakes. I am really pleased that you "young" guys are learning how to do these things but please dont think its anything new.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 11-25-2009, 11:29 PM
No club affiliation

I know its been going on for years, thats great. I just brought up the most recent ride along I was a part of. I'd love to see media involved on each and every cleanup if at all possible. I'm setting the truck up to run a rear bench so I'll be able to haul them around myself in the future.

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:30 PM
"OLD GUY"

trashy on the deal with the herald! I saw Clays story, It is always that way, while they are with you they are great but you have to take them evert week cause they forget. I know I was on NW backroads on King 5, twice! Sure didnt make much difference on the "wet" side.
Cle Elum Ranger Dist. ORV Ranger
Build your rig to fit the trails, don't change the trails to fit your rig!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:42 PM
No club affiliation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McMains View Post
trashy on the deal with the herald! I saw Clays story, It is always that way, while they are with you they are great but you have to take them evert week cause they forget. I know I was on NW backroads on King 5, twice! Sure didnt make much difference on the "wet" side.

Yup the media has a very short term memory thats for sure.. I'm down to have a ride along on every trail outing if I can find a victi.... err a volunteer from a media outlet willing to go. I love taking newbies on rides, I took my dad out for fathers day. He'd never been wheeling in his 65 years on the planet and always thought I was nuts. He loved it!

As far as not making a difference on the wet side thats understandable. The media is so one sided on everything it is laughable. I'll be happier when Morton and packwood are ocean front property...

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.

Last edited by WHITE TRASH; 11-25-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:55 PM
"OLD GUY"

I did the same thing with my Dad a couple of years ago, we ran into a couple of problems and a 45 minute trip turned into a 6 hour ordeal, he said that he always thought i was crazy, and after the trip he was sure , but couldn't figure out why we all thought it was a great trip!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:57 PM
"OLD GUY"

split the state at the Cascade Crest and welcome to the Great stste of Lincoln!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:43 AM
ORV Trail Watch Owner

Quote:
split the state at the Cascade Crest and welcome to the Great state of Lincoln!
HA! It would be more like the great state of MLK.......
Old 11-26-2009, 07:38 AM
"OLD GUY"

for East?:Os car: You dont come from around here do ya!!!! It has been Lincoln or Columbia for about 20 years. MLK..... that is a good one !!!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 10:10 AM

The ride along Trashy mentions has been in the works since February when we went up on Badger Mountain and pulled the white Chebby out of the canyon. Paula Horton did the story on that, and did a very good job, so I figured why not see what we can do with this! Ya'll keep your fingers crossed that we get a good story out of the Juniper run

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 11-26-2009, 04:54 PM
No club affiliation

Quote:
for East?:Os car: You dont come from around here do ya!!!! It has been Lincoln or Columbia for about 20 years. MLK..... that is a good one !!!!!

Uhhh might wanna check that, King county is MLK county these days. Try and keep up.