Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

I am a whore as well......And I asure you that I only wheel in legit areas.....my rig is the big green one that is in the last video and the areas that the video was shot are perfectly legal to wheel regardless of how much water was there......I have never been to liberty.....I do plan to go at some point and will respect all the rules. We as a group are trying like everyone else to keep areas open!
Old 11-22-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
What fence are you talking about?
They are refering to the fence that was at the top off the wall trail that was closed a while back.....The fench with cables and pipes that RTW put in place
Old 11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by big iron View Post
They are refering to the fence that was at the top off the wall trail that was closed a while back.....The fench with cables and pipes that RTW put in place
What happened to it?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McMains View Post
To both of you, what I see on the videos from your web site is not good for our sport. You are correct to the letter of the law, you may have not broken any laws. BUT you are not treading lightly by any stretch of imagination!
In 2008 I choose to overlook a bunch of "goofballs" that should know better, I have since changed my attitude towards these guys. I have worked real hard to make the Liberty trails the best area to wheel I can do. It is not the most Challenging area in the State, but is good enough for me and my club. So with that said if I see the behavior I saw from a group of people with your club stickers on it in the future you can bet I will be all over them.
In the same verse, if I got word that someone was running around with my club stickers on their rig and their actions were giving me and my club grief, I would see to it that they would be found out and taken care of.
As far as what the rigs were it seems like a tan samurai and several Toyota pickups. Why should I get more information, at the time I wasn't going to pursue them any more. It just stuck in my mind what they were. all had exo cages and most of the pickups were without beds, just cages. Most were beat almost into unrecognizable shapes, IE they ran in a lot of real tight areas and didnt care if they got beat.
You are right 2008 was a long time ago, but to hear that the same club has been called out again for the same thing tends to make a guy remember. You all remember the old saying, do something right and no one notices, do something wrong and people will remember forever.
I want you to know, we work too hard to keep the areas that we have open, to have a group of guys like your club out there posting videos on the internet and renegading trails, and generally not abiding with any rules, will do more to further the "anti" groups than all the good PR we can possibly get. I am asking you nicely to play right and abide by the rules set up to protect our sport. This includes staying off trails that are closed. Even tho the last time you were there they were open. Times change, issues change, people change, you guys need to clean up your act and become "respectable"! I am tied of having to listen to groups like yours that say "It was someone else!" Find out who tore the fence up and turn them in, maybe then you will be a little more believable.
I had a big response all thought up and ready to go. But the more i read your blithering crap that you spew forth upon this situation the more i realize it's not worth it. So to end my responses to you all I'm going to say is the reason more and more people are begining to not give a crap what happens anymore is solely due to *******s like yourself. Thanks and good luck making yourself feel better about being the future end to this sport and any other you persue in the future. bye bye
Old 11-23-2009, 07:30 AM
"OLD GUY"

You have a nice day, I know in your mind you did nothing wrong. The simple fact of the matter is, you wheel hard and like your motto says, "any trail anytime" well sometimes that is not the correct way to do things. By posting your videos on the web, The Sierra Club loves to see stuff like that. Where do you think the greenies get all their information! It is from fun loving guys like you that think it is ok to go just because the sign says open! Then do not think about or care about what others think. It is called selfish. You dont care what happens as long as you have a good time. Remember that when you cant wheel close to home because the trails you used to run are now closed, but wait a minute.... that has already happened! Any way have a nice day!
Cle Elum Ranger Dist. ORV Ranger
Build your rig to fit the trails, don't change the trails to fit your rig!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:04 AM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by phew View Post
I had a big response all thought up and ready to go. But the more i read your blithering crap that you spew forth upon this situation the more i realize it's not worth it. So to end my responses to you all I'm going to say is the reason more and more people are begining to not give a crap what happens anymore is solely due to *******s like yourself. Thanks and good luck making yourself feel better about being the future end to this sport and any other you persue in the future. bye bye

Please keep our discussions here to the type you would have around a campfire. This is a good discussion you all are having and I realize passions are high. I really want to take my grandkids wheeling someday and it's gonna take all of us working together to make that happen.

Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 11-23-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

Quote:
You have a nice day, I know in your mind you did nothing wrong. The simple fact of the matter is, you wheel hard and like your motto says, "any trail anytime" well sometimes that is not the correct way to do things. By posting your videos on the web, The Sierra Club loves to see stuff like that. Where do you think the greenies get all their information! It is from fun loving guys like you that think it is ok to go just because the sign says open! Then do not think about or care about what others think. It is called selfish. You dont care what happens as long as you have a good time. Remember that when you cant wheel close to home because the trails you used to run are now closed, but wait a minute.... that has already happened! Any way have a nice day!
I think that is a pretty self centered statement from you.....I do not wheel in ANY closed areas and the video of the mud pits is a open area (legal to operate an off road vehicle) it is a low spot that water accumulates and it could get up to 4-5ft deep.....I do not understand how you could consider that something that was illegal...... I have pulled many rigs out of that hole at the request of the rangers and sheriffs that patrol the area...... You have formed your opinion of our club and it won't change........I will make a special point to go to Liberty this summer and I sure hope to find you so you can witness the destruction the ensues as I run my terrain killing rig around (just kidding with that) See you on the trails (at Liberty)

Last edited by big iron; 11-23-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

Quote:
I guess the thing I am asking is for you guys(W.H.O.R.E) find out who damaged the fence at Reiter and turn them in, that would clear(?) your name of the offense and maybe give people a better impression of your club, you have to admit even your name is a little ..... over the edge. I have no problem with young kids making mistakes in their life, but to blame it on some fictional "group" because no one paid close enough attention to turn them in at that time doesn't make it right for either side. I don't know of too much counterfeiting of club emblems, I think that is a little bit of a stretch. Old club members that did not remove their decals, yes, and your club should take care of that, then you wouldn't have to defend your club.
I personally think it was some greenies that ripped up the fence and sent the pics to the DNR.....it had been up for a few years and as of late last summer you could not legaly take the trail to get to the fence.....If we wanted to take it out we could have drove thru it (but we do not support that type behavior) We supported all efforts to keep reiter open and now support the efforts to reopen it.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNirvana View Post
Please keep our discussions here to the type you would have around a campfire. This is a good discussion you all are having and I realize passions are high. I really want to take my grandkids wheeling someday and it's gonna take all of us working together to make that happen.

Thats fine I'm done responding to him anyway it just goes to further my point on him ruining any chaces of people listening to him and trying to work with him to resolve a problem. It's easier to ignore him and go on about my day

Since reiter closed it just gives me more motivation to travel around the state to wheel. Next spring I think I'll visit liberty I'll make sure to post the date to
Old 11-23-2009, 11:07 AM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by phew View Post
Thats fine I'm done responding to him anyway it just goes to further my point on him ruining any chaces of people listening to him and trying to work with him to resolve a problem. It's easier to ignore him and go on about my day

Since reiter closed it just gives me more motivation to travel around the state to wheel. Next spring I think I'll visit liberty I'll make sure to post the date to

We have clicked a few of your fellow members IN here this past week and I know there has been a fair amount of lurking by some of us at your site as well.

We are all wheelers here, and welcome your participation. :super:
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin