Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 11-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNirvana View Post
We have clicked a few of your fellow members IN here this past week and I know there has been a fair amount of lurking by some of us at your site as well.

We are all wheelers here, and welcome your participation. :super:
We have no problem in helping out but it seems like for every thing we do good someone decides that we did 7 bad things. No matter what we do there is always people like him that either don't like us don't like the name or are just plain ignorant not sure which.

Anyways if you guys can get some evidence towards what happen there or who did it please let us know.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Forum Leader

I am enjoying this conversation and feel it has benefit to further our sport and encourage responsible wheeling. Big Iron, I know you are trying to make a valid point with your custom user title, however, this is a family site and children do read it. I may be the only one who objects, but could you change it? Please. I am not trying to be mean or picky, I just happen to have kids. This is one example where something may be legal but not necessarily prudent. Thanks for understanding.
PNW Forum Leader Team Member
Region 6 Delegate
Bend, Oregon
Old 11-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Friends

I just found this site so many may not care what I have to say, but here's my .02 anyway. I know alot of folks have thier opinions of the WHORE folks and here's mine. I've only met a couple folks in passing, but they left favorable impressions on me. Bunk and I talked briefly at a clean-up at Reiter, he was a nice guy andhad infectious enthusiasm, he has a reputation as a gifted fabricator. I think he probly spends more time wheeling than 99% of the folks out there. Big Iron offered me a seat at the same cleanup not knowing me from Adam, just had an empty one and was willing to share his fun day with me. Although I ended up riding with someone else, I saw him repeatedly that day loaded to the gills with crap folks had left in the woods, and have seen him tow several hulks out of the woods where they had been abandoned. One thing all my wheeling buddies have said over and over is that this club will NOT leave you stranded if they find you broken in the woods. This is alot more than I can say for alot people I've met on the trail. I hope to be able to hook up and wheel with thier club cuz they seem to be a good bunch of guys. 'Nuff said.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint Patti View Post
I am enjoying this conversation and feel it has benefit to further our sport and encourage responsible wheeling. Big Iron, I know you are trying to make a valid point with your custom user title, however, this is a family site and children do read it. I may be the only one who objects, but could you change it? Please. I am not trying to be mean or picky, I just happen to have kids. This is one example where something may be legal but not necessarily prudent. Thanks for understanding.
I am not out to start trouble.....Just would like all to understand we ARE working for the same cause.....KEEPING WHAT WE HAVE OPEN.......Patti I have changed my title if the new one offends let me know
Old 11-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Cherokee Master

No matter how much good a club does, IF-IF just one or two of the members, or anyone wearing a decal that is anywhere near that clubs, everyone in that club gets painted with the same brush. That will happen with any type of organization, but is more prevalent with the OHV folks, because the resource damage is immediate and easily seen.

I have no doubt that there are good folks in the group, and IF, big IF, the damage was done by a member, they would "man up" and admit to it, at least in their own club and let the club deal with it and let us know.

Somehow we need to police our own, or the counties, states, or feds will do it for us, depending on where you are wheeling.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 11-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Friends

Ok, I have been reading this thread since Joe told be about it. I finally this morning got approval to post on here this morning.

What I am reading Sounds like a witch hunt to me. I know a Lot of people don’t agree with our Moniker ie (WHORE) , I also know a LOT of people take the “ Any Trail, Anytime, Anywhere” Completely out of context.

First of all.(WHORE4x4) If you are offended by the name, you should be. It was not chosen to be PC by any means. There are numerous clubs with “inappropriate” acronyms far worse then ours. We are having off road excitement.
As to the “ Any Trail, Anytime, Anywhere” That refers to the fact that we all enjoy wheeling. We are willing to TRY anything, rain or shine..

.(this is where apparently we need a disclosure statement: We as WHORE do not approve or condone Any illegal or inappropriate behavior )
… That our rigs are not just mall crawlers, and our members are not posers who are out to drive the logging roads. We are there to wheel. NOTHING in the name says that we are out to destroy the forest, that we are going to go out and bootleg new trails , that we are out running closed areas destroying property. Nothing says we are beyond the law.

As far as what the rigs were it seems like a tan samurai and several Toyota pickups. Why should I get more information”

I would say you should get more information because you are the one Accusing my group of doing something illegal. And we have little to no way to find out who could have done this. ESPECIALLY WITH OUT MORE INFORMATION.

You say we should police our own. Then give me something to work with.

"You all remember the old saying, do something right and no one notices, do something wrong and people will remember forever."

I do know the saying, Unfortunately all the bad press regarding our group has tainted a lot of people opinion. Might I ad that the MAJORITY of Accusations over the years have been cleared. And found that we are NOT at fault. It is people like you that stir the pot and take things out of context. This is what has hurt our name over the years. We have actually changed direction a bit as a group because of this. Trying to be more involved in the wheeling community. As well as preaching responsible wheeling.

. “Times change, issues change, people change, you guys need to clean up your act and become "respectable"”! I am tied of having to listen to groups like yours that say "It was someone else!" Find out who tore the fence up and turn them in, maybe then you will be a little more believable
I certainly do not have to clean up MY act. And neither does our club. You are the one with the problem. Last time I checked “We” as a people have the right to act however we want. I don’t have to conform to your PC world. Why should I change who I am to fit the mold you deam to be right. When someone gives me some sort of Factual proof regarding the cable rail then I will do something about it. We didn’t start this club to be respectable. Our logo is what it is. The names not going to change. We don’t have to respectable in your eyes to be a benefit to the LOCAL 4 wheeling community.

What I am trying to say here is this, I think we are all in agreement that the world is not perfect. That there will always be people out there trying to undermine every topic.

I can’t speak for the group, But I can speak for myself. Dave you come across as all high and mighty. The end all be all when it comes to the ORV Community. You have not only refused to give use the information that would help us solve this Liberty thing, You have suddenly decided that we had something to do with the Cable fence that blocked access to the Wall. I am dying to know where you came up with that. All I can say is that if you have all this “PROOF” Maybe you should show your hand. If you have “PROOF” That someone in my group was involved in that that SPEAK UP. None of us are above the law. If you do not have PROOF then I suggest you STFU. By making these accusations you have made the matter worse. We are all supposed to be working together. And this type of behavior is not acceptable. What happens when you start making accusations is that people like myself take offence to it. And in turn you end up in an unproductive conversation.

So lets drop all the accusations and **** talking. I have tried real hard to be level headed and non reactionary towards your comments. This is my attempt at trying to set things straight.

“The simple fact of the matter is, you wheel hard and like your motto says, "any trail anytime" well sometimes that is not the correct way to do things.”Once again you are reading your own meaning into our motto.

Common sense tells me what is right and wrong.

Rhino
Old 11-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by big iron View Post
Patti I have changed my title if the new one offends let me know
Big Iron, thank you very much for understanding and accomodating us moms. I for one appreciate it. Patti
PNW Forum Leader Team Member
Region 6 Delegate
Bend, Oregon
Old 11-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Friends

So does anyone else need to vent??? People who WHEEL with us at REITER know what we are about.

BTW theres a great show on discovery right now, About the ocean and whatnot.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Washington State Director

OK I am closing this down for the night. Peanut I removed your post and sent you a PM as to why. Lets all calm down a bit and try to work together.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 11-24-2009, 07:58 AM
<----Busy Wild

Good morning everybody.

Rock on...
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin