Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 11-24-2009, 09:03 AM
No club affiliation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
So does anyone else need to vent??? People who WHEEL with us at REITER know what we are about.

Well that'll never happen again after you and your whore buddies singlehandedly destroyed the place. All your meth lab garbage, dumping those cars you guys have stolen and not to mention the drunken parties you guys have up there every single night!

You guys are the devil with your rigs over 74" wide and wheelbases over 106"" All those beat up trail rigs obviously got their body damage from drunkenly pinballing off of trees in an attempt to destroy everything in your paths! You should all be ashamed of yourselves!!

Yup, must be the whore group, no one else has ever been to reiter. Reiter isn't located close to extremely highly populated areas full of people that just don't care about the area.... Darned dirty whores its all your fault, there is no possible way you rolled your rig or flopped in the rocks enough times to beat your sheetmetal into the fine patina that it is in.

LOL sorry for the satire but apparently there are some uneducated and ill informed people in the "good ol boys" club that honestly believe what I say in jest to be the truth...

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:21 AM

Hey, Trash, you need to edit some spelling in your tag line

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 11-24-2009, 09:26 AM
"OLD GUY"

I guess I am wrong and WHORE is a bunch of angels!
I still hold that when Bunk was asked on one of the first posts, if they run closed trails, and I called him on it because I saw where WHORE decaled rigs had run a closed trail in Liberty, and then told I didnt know what I saw, is a bunch of BS.
I still hold that if you love Reiter so much you will take it upon yourselves and your club to find out who destroyed the fence, I did not accuse your club of doing it, I want your club to find out.
You will always have the attitude that you dont do anything wrong and I am so stupid that I will ruin the off road world in this state, I guess you know better. I am just a stupid hick from the east side. But we have not lost a whole lot of land here so maybe I do know something! Think about what I have said and do something about Reiter, dont just sit back and moan. Make something happen! But do it the right way, you dont have the luxury if making a mistake!
Cle Elum Ranger Dist. ORV Ranger
Build your rig to fit the trails, don't change the trails to fit your rig!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:27 AM
rollin

Hi Bunk, I appreciate your activity in this forum. I have been to Reiter a handful of times, I am fairly familiar with your club, I have visited on the Whore, SNORT, PIRATE and NWW boards once in awhile(if you think about it, we are somewhat a small community). Here is my question. While you represent your club and claim no wrong doing you state this-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
We are a anti-club. We have very few meetings. The core of the club are long time friends, There are many new whore members, some of us dont get along with each other. We rarely have club runs as a large percentage of us dont have working rigs. Really we are a group of individual members who meet up frequently.

I post my own video's. Other whores post theirs. I have no control over what other people do.

?
Perhaps you conduct yourself in a certain manner on the trail, but what about the rest of your group? Could one or two of them have gone rogue? And if so, shouldn't that be enough to separate them out from your club? Wouldn't you want to? Since you seem to be very Reactive to defending your people, perhaps you could do some Proactive work and weed out some of the funk. Clearly you care enough- you appear to be a leader within your group and clearly you care about Reiter and would want to do whatever you could to help reopen that area.
You state you all don't get along and you have no control over what other people do. That may be, but if they are sporting a club sticker they are representing you (and me and all of us that offroad for that matter). We as a group are at a very critical point right now with losing our funding (NOVA) and now in the process of losing more trails. I'm not asking you or anyone to conform to the highest standard, but maybe raise your standards a bit. This was not meant as a personal attack by any means. Just an observation for this situation.
All eyes are on us
Old 11-24-2009, 09:29 AM
No club affiliation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Hey, Trash, you need to edit some spelling in your tag line
Haha yes I do! No firefox spell check on my phone to make me look smarter than I am

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Cherokee Master

Got to hand it to the folks up north. You sure do things somewhat differently.
A club that is anti-club, but takes new members, not many meetings (hopefully to discuss image and ethics), a lot of the members don't get along, not many runs because everyone is broke (not that much different than a lot of others in that).

A club has some measure of control and influence over the membership just by the fact that when someone joins said club, they agree to abide by the rules, regulations, and mores of said club. At this point in time the club has a serious image issue plain and simple. The image given by the videos, along with the logo are enough to be an issue with the non-motorized public. The club needs to take action to improve that image, then maybe the rest of the wheeling world will start to say "hey lets see where this is going, and we will work with you". Until that happens (taking care of issues in your own house) you will continue to get flack. You might have to start ejecting members, and even go so far as to change the logo and eliminate the acronym and just use the full name. (suggestion-if you still want to use the bird, try an upside feathered version over an open palm)

By what I saw in the videos, and the statements made by Bunk concerning the makeup of the club, they appear to have very few if any of the above mentioned attributes. I personally do not know any of these folks in that club, but I regard what I have seen as being done by a bunch of renegades, and I don't care if they are wearing a legitimate decal or a knock-off or none at all. You do have options if anyh of this is being done by people who have made knock-off decals. Personally I don't see anyone going to the trouble and expense of time, energy, and money to "frame" the club, unless you have really bent someone's frame horns way out of shape.

My nickle an I sure don't expect any change back.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team

Last edited by Art Waugh; 11-24-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Has some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McMains View Post
I still hold that if you love Reiter so much you will take it upon yourselves and your club to find out who destroyed the fence, I did not accuse your club of doing it, I want your club to find out.
Dave if it were as easy as just "finding out" it would have been done already by the rest of us. There's likely no way to find out who did it unless someone confesses.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Waugh View Post
Got to hand it to the folks up north. You sure do things somewhat differently.
A club that is anti-club, but takes new members, not many meetings (hopefully to discuss image and ethics), a lot of the members don't get along, not many runs because everyone is broke (not that much different than a lot of others in that).

A club has some measure of control and influence over the membership just by the fact that when someone joins said club, they agree to abide by the rules, regulations, and mores of said club. At this point in time the club has a serious image issue plain and simple. The image given by the videos, along with the logo are enough to be an issue with the non-motorized public. The club needs to take action to improve that image, then maybe the rest of the wheeling world will start to say "hey lets see where this is going, and we will work with you". Until that happens (taking care of issues in your own house) you will continue to get flack. You might have to start ejecting members, and even go so far as to change the logo and eliminate the acronym and just use the full name. (suggestion-if you still want to use the bird, try an upside feathered version over an open palm)

By what I saw in the videos, and the statements made by Bunk concerning the makeup of the club, they appear to have very few if any of the above mentioned attributes. I personally do not know any of these folks in that club, but I regard what I have seen as being done by a bunch of renegades, and I don't care if they are wearing a legitimate decal or a knock-off or none at all. You do have options if anyh of this is being done by people who have made knock-off decals. Personally I don't see anyone going to the trouble and expense of time, energy, and money to "frame" the club, unless you have really bent someone's frame horns way out of shape.

My nickle an I sure don't expect any change back.
There has been a moretorium on new membership for the last year plus. There was a big push in the last 2 years of people wanting to join the club. Once we saw it start getting out of hand we kyboshed it. The club was turning into something that needed to managed and watched over. That was never our intention when forming this club.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McMains View Post
I guess I am wrong and WHORE is a bunch of angels!
I still hold that when Bunk was asked on one of the first posts, if they run closed trails, and I called him on it because I saw where WHORE decaled rigs had run a closed trail in Liberty, and then told I didnt know what I saw, is a bunch of BS.
You will always have the attitude that you dont do anything wrong and I am so stupid that I will ruin the off road world in this state, I guess you know better. I am just a stupid hick from the east side. But we have not lost a whole lot of land here so maybe I do know something! Think about what I have said and do something about Reiter, dont just sit back and moan. Make something happen! But do it the right way, you dont have the luxury if making a mistake!

I never said ANytning about being angels...... If we were angles then the feathery finger idea might be appropriate. I just wanted to slow the False Accusations down.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:15 AM
The One that Screws it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyatch View Post
Hi Bunk, I appreciate your activity in this forum. I have been to Reiter a handful of times, I am fairly familiar with your club, I have visited on the Whore, SNORT, PIRATE and NWW boards once in awhile(if you think about it, we are somewhat a small community). Here is my question. While you represent your club and claim no wrong doing you state this-
Perhaps you conduct yourself in a certain manner on the trail, but what about the rest of your group? Could one or two of them have gone rogue? And if so, shouldn't that be enough to separate them out from your club? Wouldn't you want to? Since you seem to be very Reactive to defending your people, perhaps you could do some Proactive work and weed out some of the funk. Clearly you care enough- you appear to be a leader within your group and clearly you care about Reiter and would want to do whatever you could to help reopen that area.
You state you all don't get along and you have no control over what other people do. That may be, but if they are sporting a club sticker they are representing you (and me and all of us that offroad for that matter). We as a group are at a very critical point right now with losing our funding (NOVA) and now in the process of losing more trails. I'm not asking you or anyone to conform to the highest standard, but maybe raise your standards a bit. This was not meant as a personal attack by any means. Just an observation for this situation.
All eyes are on us
Fantastic post:super:
DogpoundOffroad