Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 11-24-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McMains View Post
Would you consider what they were doing as Treading Lightly? I for one do not like the fact that we have a image to project and churning up the mud is not helping. The "anti" groups eat that stuff up and use it to get trails closed(Reiter)? I know that some tree huggers were in there last weekend to survey the "Damage to the environment". I know they look at the videos you post, heck they probably have your web page bookmarked because they know every time you go out they can get more "evidence!" I have to agree with some one in the possibility that the "Anti" groups may have taken out the fence. I also do not have a clue on how to find out who did it, but to just sit back and say everyone is picking on my club, will not find the culprit. Dont whine make some calls, talk to the land managers ask questions. Be on the lookout. Be responsible. That will get you into the good graces of the off road users quicker than anything else, if you want to be in the good graces. It sounds like you do.
Well seeing that it is 70 miles from my house it is not like I am up every day....But when I am up I pay very close attetion to everything that I see and try to promote responsible wheeling

Last edited by big iron; 11-24-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm a ANTICLUB member

Quote:
Would you consider what they were doing as Treading Lightly?
I never claimed that I was treading lightly.....I was playing in a open 4x4 area in a LEGAL mudhole..... talk to Ron(reiter LEO) or Kim(reiter DNR person) both know me very well......you do not know me from jack nor have you probably ever been to the area in question....I suppose that you have seen the videos of the mudholes @ tahuya (another LEGAL area to play in the mud) and feel they are bad as well?

Last edited by big iron; 11-24-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Cherokee Master

3rd vid-rigs in 3 feet of water (approx) in the trees. Rather dificult to see the trail in that kind of condition. If you were not an OHV owner/user, and just a member of the general public and saw this either in a video or in person, you would go straight up at about mach 4. That is what I am trying to get across. I never said that the spot was legal or illegal. What I said was I have a hard time believing that is was not at least temporily closed due to resource concerns.

Ethically and with a view as to how others see us, it would have been better to find another area, or at least not tape it and put it out worldwide for everyone to see how well we take care of areas we are permitted to play in.

If you can't figure that out, get rid of the rig before you toss all the rest of us on the trash heap with your foolishness (not you personally, but those that you purport to represent here). Or are you one of the rigs in that video?????

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team

Last edited by Art Waugh; 11-24-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:20 PM
"OLD GUY"

That is good you need to pay all the attention you can. I guess as a rule of thumb take down everyone's license number, that way when something goes south, you might be able to give a LEO some information they can use to investigate. I am afraid every one will be taking their plates off and just running ORV tags instead so I guess you need to take pictures of everyone you see up there. Maybe go through the parking lots and take pictures of all the Subaru Forrester's there so when something is found you can say "well there was this car with this license number maybe you need to check them out!" Put the proof on the other, make them prove it, put some doubt in the enforcement officers mind, use the "anti's" tactics. They may not be the ones that actually did it, but now they are wasting their time to defend them selves. Think outside the box, dont sit back and say "It wasnt us!"
Cle Elum Ranger Dist. ORV Ranger
Build your rig to fit the trails, don't change the trails to fit your rig!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:26 PM
No club affiliation

Quote:
That is good you need to pay all the attention you can. I guess as a rule of thumb take down everyone's license number, that way when something goes south, you might be able to give a LEO some information they can use to investigate. I am afraid every one will be taking their plates off and just running ORV tags instead so I guess you need to take pictures of everyone you see up there. Maybe go through the parking lots and take pictures of all the Subaru Forrester's there so when something is found you can say "well there was this car with this license number maybe you need to check them out!" Put the proof on the other, make them prove it, put some doubt in the enforcement officers mind, use the "anti's" tactics. They may not be the ones that actually did it, but now they are wasting their time to defend them selves. Think outside the box, dont sit back and say "It wasnt us!"

Wow that sounds like a good idea.. Someone should start a non profit organization that is in place just for such a purpose!! How about we call it Off road vehicle trail watch.. How about ORVTW for short...

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:28 PM
"OLD GUY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by big iron View Post
I never claimed that I was treading lightly.....I was playing in a open 4x4 area in a LEGAL mudhole..... talk to Ron(reiter LEO) or Kim(reiter DNR person) both know me very well......you do not know me from jack nor have you probably ever been to the area in question....I suppose that you have seen the videos of the mudholes @ tahuya (another LEGAL area to play in the mud) and feel they are bad as well?
I have a problem in that just because it is a legal trail, dosent make it right.
As art says if you want to run it that is ok. Just dont publish it on the world wide web!
We need to portray a clean image, to keep the "anti's" off our backs. Your vids do not help. I also understand you have taken the really bad ones off the site. .... That is good, I appreciate that. But you still leave a bad taste in the mouth of wheelers that work their butts of to keep areas open.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 PM
"OLD GUY"

Trashy I was one of the first members from the East side.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:39 PM
No club affiliation

Quote:
I have a problem in that just because it is a legal trail, dosent make it right.

That statement is not logical to me.. If you don't like the fact that it is legal then work to get it made illegal through legislation. You are of course entitled to your opinion but do you stay at home a large chunk of the year when the trails are muddy?

Many area's are pretty much known as mudholes from one end to the other and no one seems to every say a word about them. Rimrock is a prime example in certain times of the year and honestly the mud makes it way more fun than when it is dry. :super:

Evans is a mudhole plain and simple, I can't recall ever seeing a picture of the place without mudholes.

Good on you for joining up on ORVTW, now go on and do something with the principals on the org.

If anything I do or say offends you then good. Political Correctness has done what for us exactly? It is time to adopt the tactics of the opposition before you are defeated by your own unwillingness to risk offending those that wish to destroy our hobby and way of life.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:45 PM
"OLD GUY"

I guess what I am saying is if you want to run the mud fine. Dont post your vid's on the net.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:46 PM
No club affiliation

Fair enough.