Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Questions Concerns Comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Questions Concerns Comments belong here

Old 01-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Old Goat

Thumbs up And While I'm on the Subject!

When we go to the Washington trails section where trails are listed you are not able to determine any who, where and how stuff about the trail.

I would suggest restructuring the section as follows. Put the areas in their corresponding Land Management sections. Liberty, Manastash and Fortune Creek or all named trails in district belong in a section to the Cle Elum Ranger District. Rimrock, Naches Wagon Trail (east), Cloversprings, Funny Rocks and all named trails in district belong in a section for the Naches Ranger District. Evans Creek and Naches Wagon Trail (Pass) (west) belong in a section to the White River District.

DNR areas could be structured like the other areas mentioned.

Within each section you could provide contact info to the authorities who have management duties. You could also appeal to our members or our Land Managers to provide a description and map of the area. Or gain permission from a webpage that has already taken these steps.

Just seems we started with an idea and now its time to refine it a bit.

Here are (2) you can start with. http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/cle-elum-orv/ and http://www.cleelumtrails.com/

Part of my logic here is that I encounter a large number of folks on the trail who have no clue as to what management district they are in. This leaves them uncertain as to who to ask about conditions, comment about conditions, report problems, or know the rules of where they are at.

I think we can do something here to help remendy this and make for a more informed user. Please contact me to help explain this further.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:20 PM
that WOHVA guy

Could we accomplish the same thing by leaving it as is AND adding a sticky thread to the top that contains the following relevant information about the area:
  • Agency
  • Key players within the agency & Contact Info
  • PNW4WDA Land Manager contact info
  • Trail Map
I like how it is currently set up, but really see value in adding this information to each individual trail section.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Old Goat

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Could we accomplish the same thing by leaving it as is AND adding a sticky thread to the top that contains the following relevant information about the area:
  • Agency
  • Key players within the agency & Contact Info
  • PNW4WDA Land Manager contact info
  • Trail Map
I like how it is currently set up, but really see value in adding this information to each individual trail section.
Using the Cle Elum as an example let's see if I can explain how I see it might be.

The title would be Washington Trails. Click to open.Then one of the choices would would be Cle Elum Ranger District. Click to open. That page would show a description of the Management authority and links. On the same Page would be Titles to Manastash, Liberty and Fortune Creek. Click on your choice. That would open a page that has a description and map of the area. Also would be sections to each trail by Name and trail #. Click on that choice and you get a page of User threads concerning the named trail. It would also be posible to add a sticky thread to explain trail difficulty and conditions.

My reason for a format such as this is the Cle Elum has almost 30 trails for 4x4 in 3 geographic areas. Very few of which are listed in our forum.

The Naches District also has numerous trail scatter thruout 3 or 4 geographic area. Also with few listed.

Evans Creek has numerous trails.

As does Elbe, Walker Valley, Tahuya, Yalcolt Burn, Reiter, Beverly, Moses Lake. I've left out other as they are too numerous to count. You get the idea though. All under DNR or BLM management.

As a side note each area as well as each Land Management Agency has different rules and vehicle restrictions.

Would be nice and add to the sections value if we could start listing them under a better format than we do now.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:58 PM
<----Busy Wild

Ok I think I'm picking up what you're putting down.,

But we cannot break the forums down further.

I'll explain. We originally started with a main tab on the first page for regionals.

Clay wanted sub forums under each region so in order to do that we had to put all 8 regions on the front page. I don't like the look but it accomplished the goal.

So in other words we can only go 3 deep. So whatever you want done with it we cannot go any deeper than what we have without altering the front page and with the amount of trails that could turn ugly.

We can do it by sticky. Or we can add an announcement.
Am I on track with what you are thinking at all?
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 01-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNirvana View Post
Ok I think I'm picking up what you're putting down.,

But we cannot break the forums down further.

I'll explain. We originally started with a main tab on the first page for regionals.

Clay wanted sub forums under each region so in order to do that we had to put all 8 regions on the front page. I don't like the look but it accomplished the goal.

So in other words we can only go 3 deep. So whatever you want done with it we cannot go any deeper than what we have without altering the front page and with the amount of trails that could turn ugly.

We can do it by sticky. Or we can add an announcement.
Am I on track with what you are thinking at all?
I see what you are saying. I think my suggestion gets you 4 pages in to where the meat is. I'll look this over later tonite when Kim and I get home.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:05 AM

Most of the time I run into people what dist. they are in is the least of there worries. It truly surprises me that almost every time I am out I run into at least one group of people that are totally lost. They have no idea what trail they are on . They have no map. And is usually wanting a quick way home. LOL