Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 03-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Good reading. Keep it coming.
PNW4WDA and Region 2 Public Relations
Real Deal Doe Run Member
Old 03-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol View Post
My first memory of trail jeeping was the Shoestring. I sat in the jumpseat in the back but my parents piled up stuff on the top and to the sides so I couldn’t see a thing so I couldn’t really tell you much about the trip at all- I think I was 10 years old.
If you think she's kidding, she's not. If you look closely, you'll see a jump seat next to the cooler. That's where she rode!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Overnight wilderness trip.jpg (116.0 KB, 5 views)
PNW4WDA and Region 2 Public Relations
Real Deal Doe Run Member
Old 03-29-2010, 02:46 PM
rollin

Last edited by Nichol; 05-13-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:27 PM
<----Busy Wild

Ok, let's lighten this up just a bit. Brad is a lucky man to have such and Adventurous woman so let's hear about some Adventure.

If you could take Hank anywhere and wheel, money being no object and had all the time in the world to do it where would you go?

And what improvements would this trip require for Hank to complete your Adventure?

Third what modifications do you have for Hank in the future?

Thanks for the great answers Nichol, after these questions are answered we are going to open it up for others to ask you a few questions and then I've got a couple questions to finnish up with.
Then you can take on our next person that will share a biography with us.

Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 03-30-2010, 02:08 PM
rollin

Last edited by Nichol; 05-13-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:33 PM
PNW President

Well, here we go... As you know my name is Angie Marek and I am proud to be the newest president of our great Association. What you may not know is I grew up in the PNW4WDA as an Evergreen Conestoga Jeep Club member. My parents Dale & Sandy Mckee are still members and my mom led the way to getting me involved in the workings of the Association. I first held the position of PR for Region II and later served as both its Vice Director and then Director for several years. I met my husband Dan at the races and have been married for 28 years. Both of our children, Cassie age 26 and Brandon age 25 grew up in the PNW. They attended their first race at one week old and loved to race and go 4 wheeling in the woods. When I married Dan I became a Spanaway Moonshiner and am still proudly a member. My club is very active and supports the efforts and goals of the PNW4WDA.

I look forward to representing you and to answering your questions..

Bring it on!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 09:23 AM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroadangie View Post
Well, here we go... As you know my name is Angie Marek and I am proud to be the newest president of our great Association. What you may not know is I grew up in the PNW4WDA as an Evergreen Conestoga Jeep Club member. My parents Dale & Sandy Mckee are still members and my mom led the way to getting me involved in the workings of the Association. I first held the position of PR for Region II and later served as both its Vice Director and then Director for several years. I met my husband Dan at the races and have been married for 28 years. Both of our children, Cassie age 26 and Brandon age 25 grew up in the PNW. They attended their first race at one week old and loved to race and go 4 wheeling in the woods. When I married Dan I became a Spanaway Moonshiner and am still proudly a member. My club is very active and supports the efforts and goals of the PNW4WDA.

I look forward to representing you and to answering your questions..

Bring it on!!!

Awe, this pesky internet stuff. Sorry Angie. I got the cart before the applehorse. Or something like that.

Here's what we are going to do folks. We are looking forward to Angies response to the questions. But I'm going to take a back seat.

We are going to finish up with Nichol and then Nichol will question Angie.

So here we go everybody.

What questions do you have for Nichol?
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 04-02-2010, 01:25 PM
ForestWatchVP.org

Very cool Nichol!

Old 04-02-2010, 01:49 PM
<----Busy Wild

Alright Nichol, looks like you lucked out in the grilling department.
No one had questions for you so let me ask you your last question then we can move on to the next person that will share a biography with us.

How has being a member of the PNW affected your life growing up in the organization and now, and would you like to see your children remain/become members when they reach adultdhood and why?

Thank you for letting me interview you and see you and Hank on the sidehill.

Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin

Last edited by JeepNirvana; 04-02-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:00 PM
rollin

As for being a PNW member growing up and how it has affected me…..well I can think of two very specific moments that being a jeep club kid had an impact on me. Does anyone remember that commercial on television it was a Native American watching someone litter and the ad ends with him shedding a tear? I think it was a “Keep America Green” initiative and as kids we were always picking up trash after all of our events. Our Club gave away prizes for whoever could find the most garbage or cans to recycle. That ad always reminded me that the land we drive on does not belong to me; I’m just borrowing it so leave it just as I found it, if not better. The other moment was when Cascade 4x4’s went out and packaged up bags of groceries and delivered them door to door in the Orting area. This was back in the 70’s during the Boeing layoffs which led to some hard times. My dad made me knock on the door of some strangers house and wait for someone to open it up and give them the bags. They always looked so surprised, shocked and then grateful. These lessons were about being a steward to nature and to human kind- very impactful lessons for a 7 year old.
As for my two girls, they are excellent trash hunters while on the trail. We always have bags on board. They seem to get a lot of enjoyment out of Beach Clean Up, Pick Up a Mountain and recently we participated in a Wheelers of Washington cleanup at Tahuya.
I would love for them to continue to be PNW members. I get a charge out of watching them have a great time camping as I did as a kid. I hope they make friends with other kids and that they have long lasting friendships. I want them to continue camping and enjoy the smell of campfire smoke and getting stung by nettles but having a great time while they are at it.
My involvement with PNW4WDA now is one of preserving the ability for my kids to enjoy the sport as I do. Our sport is changing, the dynamics are different and we are becoming the endangered specie. I see it as an opportunity to bring the long time members together with new people and bring forth some new ideas.

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in your Biography series.