Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails > Rimrock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2010, 03:23 PM

Default OK-Wen Nat Forest Temporary Closure

The following (Order # 714) has been received by the Forest Supervisors office in Wenatchee - reasoning for closure of 4x4 areas is stated as : area closed for protection of public health and safety - please read and be prepared. ###

Arlene Brooks, WA State Director
Attached Files
File Type: doc Ok-Wen Nat Forest Temporary Motorized Closure.doc (33.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 07-13-2010, 06:30 PM
that WOHVA guy

So this means that Butcher Knife, Blue Slide and some other trails are temporarily closed??? What is the reason?
Old 07-13-2010, 07:05 PM

Default Temporary Closure - Tieton Area

If you review Order # 714 (above posting) - the bottom portion of page two explains the Naches Districts reasoning for the temporary closure:

"This temporary restriction is necessary to protect public health and safety and protect water quality and aquatic resources during system road decommissioning, four wheel drive construction, and four wheel driveway relocation/decommissioning activities. This restriction is effective beginning and date signed and will remain in effect until rescinded." ###

Arlene Brooks, WA State Director
Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Washington State Director

I sent a e-mail off to see if I could get a little more info as to the why and how long of this.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 07-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
I sent a e-mail off to see if I could get a little more info as to the why and how long of this.
Here is the jest of it: Hello TWIG Member:

Hope your summer is going well.

This note is to let you know two recent happenings regarding the motorized trail systems on the Naches District:

1. The South Fork Tieton Watershed Restoration Temporary Closure Order is now signed. Staff will begin signing the closure area on the ground beginning Friday, July 16. This Order prohibits motorized travel on system roads and jeep trails within the closure area until project completion. The project will decommission approximately 1.0 mile of system road, relocate approximately 0.5 miles of system jeep trail, convert approximately 1.0 mile of system road to system jeep trail (and remove four barrier culverts on fish bearing streams), decommission approximately 0.3 miles of system jeep trail from Grey Creek trailhead, convert approximately 0.3 mile of user trail to system jeep trail, and construct approximately 0.1 mile of new system jeep trail. Plans are to have this project finished and the area reopened by the end of the season. The temporary restrictions have been made to protect public safety and resources during road decommissioning, culvert removal and trail conversion work. Please contact Gary Torretta at 509-653-1433 if you have questions.

The following four wheel drive trails and roads are affected: Four Wheel Driveway #642 (Butcher Knife), from Four Wheel Driveway #640 (Memorial Meadow) to Four Wheel Driveway #615 (Divide Ridge West), approximately 3.7 miles
Four Wheel Driveway #640, from FR 1050-583 to junction with Four Wheel Driveway #638 (Rocky Slide), approximately 2.7 miles
Four Wheel Driveway #621 (Blue Slide), from Grey Creek Campground to junction with Four Wheel Driveway # 636 (Donnicker Pass), approximately 3.7 miles
Non-system Four Wheel Driveway starting from the 1000-639 road, ford of Spruce Creek, to Four Wheel Driveway #621 (approximately 1.0 mile)
Forest Road 1050, southerly of the 1050-583 spur, and including all connecting spur roads (582, 583, and 589).