Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails > Rimrock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 09:49 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbd74 View Post
These limitations that have been set for the Rsnk are just the beginning of what's going to affect ALL areas eventually. I've never been pro-pnw4x4, can't really say I am now, but I am a member for now

There are other postings on other 4x4 bbs' that are discussing the same topic...trail limitiations?

What does the PNW4x4 & even WOW as associations that are suppose to be supporting our hobby have to share on this? What are the associations expectations or representing? I've been to a few region meeting but never have brought this up, maybe I need to? I see racing & land to race on are hot topics

Surely there's someone in authority, who is in a position that can share some information as to what's happening w/ these limitiations? A lot of assumptions are being spread & folks are getting upset? let's have some information up front, not after the fact?
Still looking for some feedback?
Old 08-22-2010, 12:49 PM
ForestWatchVP.org

We ran this trail yesterday. It was very fun because of how tight it was. My CJ5 was a challenge to drive the trail since it is geared way to high to creep between the trees. My CJ5 and Waycrazy' CJ5 both took a little carnage. I have pictures on facebook if you want to see them before the report goes up here on Wheeling reports and pics pics, pics, pics..
Facebook Little Rattlesnake Trail pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=215370723127

Old 08-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Friends

The big problem I have with the restriction is that it set a precedent, and the FS has run with it. Now Evans Creek has a 72" width restriction on all the trails, so even a stock TJ with aired down tires is illegal.

Just a back door way to shut down our sport completely.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:36 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsm04rubi View Post
The big problem I have with the restriction is that it set a precedent, and the FS has run with it. Now Evans Creek has a 72" width restriction on all the trails, so even a stock TJ with aired down tires is illegal.

Just a back door way to shut down our sport completely.

I believe the 72 inch width restriction has been on the books for years...just not enforced.

This outdated rule needs to be updated to represent the rigs that are using the trails today.

The PNW4WDA is pushing to expand it to 80 inches.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
I believe the 72 inch width restriction has been on the books for years...just not enforced.

This outdated rule needs to be updated to represent the rigs that are using the trails today.

The PNW4WDA is pushing to expand it to 80 inches.
Yeah but from what I've read, the original 72" restriction was hub-to-hub or axle width. That is about equivalent to 82" width at the tires with the typical wheel backspacing that most 4x4's run.

But now the FS is talking about enforcing it as outside tire width. Huge difference...
Old 08-22-2010, 07:18 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Yeah but from what I've read, the original 72" restriction was hub-to-hub or axle width. That is about equivalent to 82" width at the tires with the typical wheel backspacing that most 4x4's run.

But now the FS is talking about enforcing it as outside tire width. Huge difference...
I have heard the same on the hub-to-hub vs outside of tire. So what have you done to express your concern to the FS?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Friends

Nothing yet (beyond being a PNW4WDA member which is hopefully advocating access). Any pointers on how to express concern directly?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:45 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Nothing yet (beyond being a PNW4WDA member which is hopefully advocating access).
As I mentioned earlier...the PNW4WDA is pushing to expand the current restriction to 80 inches.

Quote:
Any pointers on how to express concern directly?
Bob Pacific is the guy in charge...please remember to be polite/professional.

Bob Pacific
Recreation Operations:
Trails Coordinator/Enumclaw
Evans Creek Off Road Vehicle Area
Summit at Snoqualmie Ski Administration
Grants and Agreements
Recreation Residence Administration

Snoqualmie Ranger District
450 Roosevelt Ave East
Enumclaw, WA 98022
(360) 802-5310
(253)350-1912 (cell)
(360) 825-0660 (fax)
bpacific@fs.fed.us

Old 08-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Friends

Thanks Dirk, I will send him an email voicing my concerns.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Friends

When they measure the out side of the tire, is that the outside of the tread or the bulge of the tire? I have spacers but i dont have to run with them. Right now the tread width is 74 and a half. or 75.. wheel base 92