Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails > Rimrock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 09:17 AM

Question Btt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbd74 View Post
These limitations that have been set for the Rsnk are just the beginning of what's going to affect ALL areas eventually. I've never been pro-pnw4x4, can't really say I am now, but I am a member for now

There are other postings on other 4x4 bbs' that are discussing the same topic...trail limitiations?

What does the PNW4x4 & even WOW as associations that are suppose to be supporting our hobby have to share on this? What are the associations expectations or representing? I've been to a few region meeting but never have brought this up, maybe I need to? I see racing & land to race on are hot topics

Surely there's someone in authority, who is in a position that can share some information as to what's happening w/ these limitiations? A lot of assumptions are being spread & folks are getting upset? let's have some information up front, not after the fact?
Is there anyone in the PNW or WOW willing to post up some facts about this subject?
Old 08-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Friends

Did the trail on Thursday. It's a nicely made trail, but you guys aren't mssing much, unless you like driving thru pylons for hours on end. Kind of like the game doctor. If you think upper String trail is tight, you haven't seen tight! And it goes on and on and.......
The 1st half was a little unnerving as the trail is marked BLACK DIAMOND. I must've missed that in posts, and not knowing what might be around the next corner made me nervous, but it was easy. Maybe after it gets abused, I can see some switchbacks being little scary mothas. The old trail must have been a GREEN DIAMOND straight up the ridge back as the new one keeps crisscrossing it for hours thru the trees. Very tiring. DO NOT have a hardtop on either! Duh, we didn't even think about that! What could've taken 3 hours, wound up taking 5+ as I had to keep placing logs for my friend to drive on so he didn't tip into every tree. We got off the trail after dark! Enjoy the pics!

Last edited by Rubiclone; 08-16-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Has some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiclone View Post
Did the trail on Thursday.
Nice pictures. How wide is your TJ?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:59 AM
ForestWatchVP.org

Quote:
Did the trail on Thursday. It's a nicely made trail, but you guys aren't mssing much, unless you like driving thru pylons for hours on end. Kind of like the game doctor. If you think upper String trail is tight, you haven't seen tight! And it goes on and on and.......
The 1st half was a little unnerving as the trail is marked BLACK DIAMOND. I must've missed that in posts, and not knowing what might be around the next corner made me nervous, but it was easy. Maybe after it gets abused, I can see some switchbacks being little scary mothas. The old trail must have been a GREEN DIAMOND straight up the ridge back as the new one keeps crisscrossing it for hours thru the trees. Very tiring. DO NOT have a hardtop on either! Duh, we didn't even think about that! What could've taken 3 hours, wound up taking 5+ as I had to keep placing logs for my friend to drive on so he didn't tip into every tree. We got off the trail after dark! Enjoy the pics!
Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binder View Post
Nice pictures. How wide is your TJ?
Stock width axles and wheels with 1.25" spacers and 12.50" wide tires equals 72" total width. Aired down, 73". I also suggest removing mirrors. I now have a matching drivers side dent on my windshield frame. You're bound to mess up a few times going thru a thousand squeezes.

Thanks Ceg.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:57 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Stock width axles and wheels with 1.25" spacers and 12.50" wide tires equals 72" total width. Aired down, 73". I also suggest removing mirrors. I now have a matching drivers side dent on my windshield frame. You're bound to mess up a few times going thru a thousand squeezes.

Thanks Ceg.
We are talking aobut the white TJ right? Those wheels look like black steelies...what is the back spacing?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Pimp of the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
We are talking aobut the white TJ right? Those wheels look like black steelies...what is the back spacing?

No that is not his.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Friends

Quote:
Nope, mines the blue clone. He has 3.75 BS.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:51 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Nope, mines the blue clone. He has 3.75 BS.
so that should be right around 75 inches wide then?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Friends

Quote:
so that should be right around 75 inches wide then?
No, same as me. Stock width axles with 3.75" BS wheels with 12.50" is 73" aired down. He does have 6" wide flares that take it to 75". Those things payed the price too.