Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 06-14-2011, 10:55 AM
hagells

Default Gene and Heather Moved to Alaska

hello all! Just to let you all know that we have moved to Soldotna, AK. We have posted a blog about our trip and pics in our website www.hornywheelers.com the pics are in the "other pics" menu under pictures.

Look us up anytime! agells@aol.com
Old 06-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagells View Post
hello all! Just to let you all know that we have moved to Soldotna, AK. We have posted a blog about our trip and pics in our website www.hornywheelers.com the pics are in the "other pics" menu under pictures.

Look us up anytime! agells@aol.com
Say what?!! This can't be so. I've been missing you guys around the race track and figured I'd see you at Trail Jam.

Assuming work has taken you there? I have no idea where Soldotna is, gonna have to Google that.
PNW4WDA and Region 2 Public Relations
Real Deal Doe Run Member
Old 06-15-2011, 04:59 PM
hagells

Yes work took us up here. Gene got a great offer at a concrete block plant that means no more travel and we get to live in our dream state so woohoo!! and I got a job in my same financial industry our first day here. Everything is going great for us so far.

They have mud bogs and lots of room but as far as we can see no offroad races - have to change that!

We are living in one of the most world famous fishing areas right next to the Kenai River on the Kenai Peninsula here. about 3 hours out of Anchorage.

Drive up was certainly an adventure - 3 blowouts, (one of which took out a good half of our travel trailer wiring) bad battery, alternator issues, and came across 150 miles of the road from h#ll. lol But we are here and doing great. Miss everyone there and dfinitely going to miss being at Trail Jam this year. Thinking in a year or two might try and drive down for it. After we have forgotten aout the trip here haha

Take care and watch our site for updates.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Washington State Director

We go see my son in Anchorage in November may have to take a drive! My son says the idea of wheeling up there is a bit different.. they wheel the big rigs.. not jeeps.. LOL.. How will you fit in?? Keep us posted!
Overbored Racing
Old 06-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Jeep View Post
We go see my son in Anchorage in November may have to take a drive! My son says the idea of wheeling up there is a bit different.. they wheel the big rigs.. not jeeps.. LOL.. How will you fit in?? Keep us posted!
Have you not seen their Jeep? It is a "big rig"!
PNW4WDA and Region 2 Public Relations
Real Deal Doe Run Member
Old 06-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Washington State Director

Oh, but Diana it says Jeep not Chevy.. Erich just has not had to good of experiences with the locals in his area. Lots of mud bogs, just different wheelin'
One of these times we will go up when there is not snow on the ground and go check it out. LOL..
Overbored Racing
Old 06-24-2011, 08:17 AM
hagells

On the way in to Palmer we pulled over to let people pass and an Alaska State Trooper pulled in front of us and got out- we are looking at each other like what did we do - we were so NOT speeding and we let people pass. He comes up to Gene's window and tells him he was trying to get a good look at the Jeep from behind and when we stopped he thought it was the perfect time to get to look at it. Awesome experience, very nice man alltogether. told us the rules for being street legal and his favorite places to wheel and what we will find different from home. It was a great almost hour we spent with him at the side of the road and got a great jump on some info for wheeling! Totally not what we expected when we saw him pull in though lol.

Said they build them big and cheap here and mud is the big thing. we will have to expect a lot of mud before the snow comes. We went to a place that had a banner saying "tough trucks today" and spend the evening watching...... mud bogs. yup - that was it - just mud bogs. It was a lot of fun to watch and will be trying to get a little more of a tough truck thing going if there is a way here. would be fun!

So anyway - a couple of very fun experiences there reminding us to NEVER assume!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:46 AM
rollin

I will miss you guys at Trail Jam. I wish you the best life has to offer, but please come back one day
Old 06-24-2011, 11:03 PM
hagells

thanks! keep and eye on our site www.hornywheelers.com - we have pics and blog from Alaska tehre - can't wait to see pics of trail jam thisyear - have lots of fun!