Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Old 10-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Friends

Default Discover Pass

Hunting license. Combo deer, elk, bear, cougar, with discounted small game $115.50

( This doesnt include if you want to put in for special hunts either. The bad thing is this fees are effective September 1, 2011 But the hunting regulations came out April 1, 2011 with fees already in the regs.)

Fishing license. Annual combo fishing/shellfish. $52.25

( This doenst include the annual razor clam or columbia river salmon and steelhead endorsment either. And dont lose your salmon punch card because thats another $12.10 too. )

Discovery pass. $30.00 ( But wait there is a $3.00 trans action fee, And a $2.00 dealer fee ). So that actually brings are total to $35.00

The feeling this state gets when giving us the shaft. Priceless

Heres the site with some of the fees. https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/licenses_fees.html

If you want more info on the BS just click on discover pass in the website above.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Friends

Default Wheres the money go?

I buy a hunting license and get a stewart access for WDFW land and last year i could access DNR land with it. But this year i need a discovery pass to access DNR land. And that money goes where? Probly the general fund. Or atleast most of it does. I can understand paying for an access pass if the money goes towards some seen improvements on the lands we access. Not these fancy new upgrads on camp grounds that alot of that pay for these passes dont even use. I have been buying a hunting and fishing license for about 12 years or so now and all have have seen is more gates on roads in areas i use to hunt because people dump there ****. But thats another issue. I would just like to see some the money go towards the areas we use. Not the general state fund. Or The Black Pine Lake camp ground in twisp. Last year it was all gravel. But i went by there this year while hunting, And they paved the whole thing made the camp sites bigger, add a fancy new boat launch with like about twenty or more parking spots. Mind you this lake is only 10 acers or so big. I just dont get it.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Washington State Director

When you currently buy the pass.. 84% goes to Parks, 8% goes to Fish and Wildlife and 8% goes to DNR.
Now from there how they use the money.. mostly for adminstative, correct me if I am wrong but most of the maintance comes from grants? Nova funding??
I am still learning all of this.

But I can ask around!
Overbored Racing
Old 11-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Jeep View Post
When you currently buy the pass.. 84% goes to Parks, 8% goes to Fish and Wildlife and 8% goes to DNR.
Now from there how they use the money.. mostly for adminstative, correct me if I am wrong but most of the maintance comes from grants? Nova funding??
I am still learning all of this.

But I can ask around!
Thank you