Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Tool Bag > Swapmeet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swapmeet Buy/Sell

Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Friends

Default jeep cherokee parts

Ok this is kinda a poll, A buddy and I are finally all set up for fabbing and are building a variety of things for our cherokees and buddy's ford ranger, such as
front winch bumper, xj and ranger
rear bumper with tire swingout and jerry can holder
rock sliders with mounts (weld on)
tube doors front and rear, for ranger also
hoops from xj front bumper to rock sliders
hoops from xj rear bumper to rock sliders
ford ranger flat bed kit
rear xj quarter pannel guards

so my question is who if anyone would be interested in any of these items?
our goal is to make quality products for a lot less then the crap on ebay and out of the catalog but hold up to a good beating like my little beast gets, and we are local so you wont be paying a Fq&* TON on shipping lol.
All tubing will be hrew(non structuarl things) and DOM for the rest, all mounts to frame from bumpers 1/4'', use of a tube bender not a pipe bender.

As interest rises and projects complete I will post pics. Thanks all!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Friends

So as it stands now a basic front bumper with winch mount and light tabs $250 will have pics up soon of first completion. Working on rear bumper with jerry can holder and spare tire swingout rough estimate is 550-650 depending on materials.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Washington State Director

It would be great if someone was to make some body armor similar to gen rite for jeeps. (particularly CJs and flatfenders) I would have bought a set for my flatty but the shipping is a killer
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Friends

I have some fab needs. What is your contact info? Im in Puyallup and it would be great to have a go to fab shop near by.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Friends

Well let us know what you need, measurements and ideas of what you want. contact info cda89xj@yahoo.com or call 253-720-6513 for serious inquiries only please. There is only two of us and once we have proper measurements and solid idea of what you are after we will bust our tails to get it done in a timely mannor.

The rock sliders we build are either hrew or DOM depending which you want and come with mounting hardware pre notched and all you need to do is tack in place and weld up or for a small fee we can mount em for you.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Friends

Here is the first front bumper, not 100% done, this is for my partner and his xj has a 4.3 with aluminum radiator so we are cuting the mounts to add a skidplate. the sides will be cut and capped.

Stinger can be added, also hoops to follow fender to tie into rock sliders if wanted.

Also here is a few early pics of the rear using same 4 bolt holes as oem, similar to others you may see if doubting integrity of strength. Still working on tire carrier and jerry can mount. Ends will be capped, still leaves room for tow hitch underneath in original mounted position.

We can add backup flood lights installed into bumper with pigtail ready for you to connect.
Also the rear tire carrier
And lastly jerry can mount
As well as hoops to tie into sliders
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3090.jpg (133.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3094.jpg (114.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3087.jpg (134.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3089.jpg (99.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Friends

As for those rear corner guards it wouldnt be much of a price break except minus the shipping since we are local but the cost of steel is what gets the prices up there.

Also I just recently baught a 89comanche and will be exo caging the bed so it stays in tact when wheeling and swapping all my xj parts I can over to it.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Friends

hey you still fabbing jeep parts over in puyallup? I live in puyallup and am having a hard time finding steel, any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. I am from Texas so dont know the area to well.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Friends

sure am, working on rock sliders for MJ, rear tube bumper for it as well. We get out metal from Interwest metals down in fife, also I hear somewhere downtown puyallup is another place off east main st
Old 11-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Friends

that rear bumper on the XJ in this thread looks awesome. that is the look of the front bumper i am going with. yall keep up the great work, and thanks for the lead on steel... ill check out the place on East main if i can find it, and give you a heads up on the steel prices.