Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Ceg_'s Avatar
Ceg_ Ceg_ is offline
ForestWatchVP.org
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Selah, Washington
Posts: 1,719
Default Campgrounds near Puyallup?

Where are the nearest places to Puyallup you can camp? I know about Alder Lake but is there any place closer?
__________________
Clay Graham
PNW4WDA Region 4 Public Relations
PNW4WDA Beverly Dunes Coordinator



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-27-2009, 05:44 PM
dirk's Avatar
dirk dirk is offline
that WOHVA guy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: washington
Posts: 645
Default

Evan's Creek, Greenwater, Elbe if you want to get out of the city & wheel some trails or roads.

Check out the interactive map of Washington State Parks for camping a lot closer to civilization. Just click on the park name to pull up info.

A couple to consider:

Saltwater State Park (Des Moines) is closed till April 1st
Dash Point State Park
__________________
Bryan Peterson
WOHVA | PNW4WDA
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-27-2009, 05:52 PM
jim putman's Avatar
jim putman jim putman is offline
Washington State Director
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: puyallup wa.
Posts: 1,528
Default

If your asking because of the swapmeet then you can camp right at the fairgrounds.
__________________
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Ceg_'s Avatar
Ceg_ Ceg_ is offline
ForestWatchVP.org
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Selah, Washington
Posts: 1,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Evan's Creek, Greenwater, Elbe if you want to get out of the city & wheel some trails or roads.
Too far out for what we have in mind. We are doing a trip sometime this spring. We need a place to camp after going to Northwest Trek and Point Defiance Zoo. I don't want to visit the in-laws that live in Puyallup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Check out the interactive map of Washington State Parks for camping a lot closer to civilization. Just click on the park name to pull up info.

A couple to consider:

Saltwater State Park (Des Moines) is closed till April 1st
Dash Point State Park
Edit: I see now!
__________________
Clay Graham
PNW4WDA Region 4 Public Relations
PNW4WDA Beverly Dunes Coordinator




Last edited by Ceg_; 01-27-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Ceg_'s Avatar
Ceg_ Ceg_ is offline
ForestWatchVP.org
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Selah, Washington
Posts: 1,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
If your asking because of the swapmeet then you can camp right at the fairgrounds.
That is good to know. I will be coming over late Saturday because of the Slab Clean-up. How late can I come in as a vendor? Is the camping in that parking area?
__________________
Clay Graham
PNW4WDA Region 4 Public Relations
PNW4WDA Beverly Dunes Coordinator



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Ceg_'s Avatar
Ceg_ Ceg_ is offline
ForestWatchVP.org
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Selah, Washington
Posts: 1,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceg_ View Post
That is good to know. I will be coming over late Saturday because of the Slab Clean-up. How late can I come in as a vendor? Is the camping in that parking area?
I found the website for the fair grounds camping: http://www.thefair.com/utility/visit...rv-parking.php
__________________
Clay Graham
PNW4WDA Region 4 Public Relations
PNW4WDA Beverly Dunes Coordinator



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.