Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 07-30-2012, 05:38 PM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I think there's a point being missed! Did you not get the comment about more info on NWW? Go look at the lands section of the Peak Putters site. Why do I seem to be the only one picking up on some of the info there?When I do put a piece up here, I get no response. Why? No one cares? It's a bit discouraging. I guess I'm at the point I'll keep my bunch informed, but why cross post if no action is taken. We talk in private a lot over there, so you may not see some of what's going on, but it is.

All I want is some communication as to what's going on at the higher levels, so I feel like I'm being included. I don't care if anyone does spend all day working or whatever! I do to, and I still find time to post current issues...Use this forum as a tool, or shut it down. There's more comment on BS threads than those that affect our future ability to wheel

Cross posting information such as you describe certainly helps the PNW, admittedly I personally spend very little time absorbing land issues. As important as they are they are like eating sand for me. I'd rather be waterboarded.
My strength and interest and my ability to contribute lies elsewhere. You have people like Jim, and Randy that really eat this stuff up. I'm amazed at the information they have in their heads when it comes out at bod meetings.
It's almost like listening to Graves talk about trail numbers, how in the heck to you guys remember all this? I don't even know what size the engine is in my rubicon.

Point is I don't think it's from a lack of caring, I thinks it's more that we work toward our strengths. We have some amazing dedicated folks in the PNW and we need more.
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 07-30-2012, 06:28 PM

Dedicated, I agree on. Witness my comment about Earl and Sande...I just don't get why so many are avoiding the forum as a communication tool! Meetings a couple times a year just don't get it. This is a tool, and we need to make the most of it...

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNirvana View Post

I believe a PNW business plan for the future would be a good way Art to address some of the concerns you have. It would also give our people a roadmap to the future.

Contact Carol to review the business plan of the PNW4WDA.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 AM
Cherokee Master

PNW has a business plan that gets looked at and supposedly updated as needed, but that seems to be as far as it goes. As far as Dave's issues with land use and response, there are only a few that get it and really will jump on it. He is right in that most seem not to care about it, at least until their favorite route is locked down.

My issues are with things that should be done right without thinking about it, like getting membership issues done in a timely manner. Since April is NOT a timely manner. Having an over 10 year out of date email on an associate member is sloppy housekeeping as is having the wrong associate member pricing here on this site. Is anyone even trying to fix this? Since I have not been contacted, the answer is obviously a big, huge resounding NO.

This association had better start getting it's act together or members are just going to say the h*ll with it and go elsewhere. I am looking at losing members with this kind of cr*p and I don't need that.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 07-31-2012, 02:54 PM

Default Business Plan -

In regards to the PNW4WDA Business Plan mentioned in the above postings, and at your convenience, you may review this document found in the 'Members Only' section under Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) - page 69.

The Director's address this Plan during their December board meeting and make available to the delegates at the annual Winter Convention business meeting each February.

Regards,
Arlene Brooks, retired officer,
Member of PNW4WDA and GRVJ - Region 1

Last edited by Arlene Brooks; 07-31-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:26 PM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Waugh View Post
PNW has a business plan that gets looked at and supposedly updated as needed, but that seems to be as far as it goes. As far as Dave's issues with land use and response, there are only a few that get it and really will jump on it. He is right in that most seem not to care about it, at least until their favorite route is locked down.

My issues are with things that should be done right without thinking about it, like getting membership issues done in a timely manner. Since April is NOT a timely manner. Having an over 10 year out of date email on an associate member is sloppy housekeeping as is having the wrong associate member pricing here on this site. Is anyone even trying to fix this? Since I have not been contacted, the answer is obviously a big, huge resounding NO.

This association had better start getting it's act together or members are just going to say the h*ll with it and go elsewhere. I am looking at losing members with this kind of cr*p and I don't need that.

Yes, and thank you guys for the reference to the biz plan. I'm ON IT reading up..

Art the membership issue brought forth the fact that we may not have volunteers to handle the "more technical" stuff as it relates to computers. Although it isn't perfect, building something that large and with as many details as were involved is still a work in progress. There have been folks like Rich that have stepped up and Bill Cole has been there and does a lot of work on the forum. It is a fairly large team that gets involved and certainly not just Edward and myself.
We were tasked at the last board meeting at getting a price on that occasional tech support that your web team may be challenged with, and possibly some boosting of the website itself. Correct me but I believe this is type of thing you are speaking of? We are working on it and would invite you to the next board meeting to offer suggestions on how to properly implement your ideas. Or heck put em down here and we can bat em around.

Arlene..
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin

Last edited by JeepNirvana; 07-31-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Needed more text. :)
Old 07-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Cherokee Master

Our dues/roster was done on paper, and I updated the POS new system over a month ago on the club page, and still have not got it. I left a voice mail with membership when cards were first sent and never heard anything. I really doubt we will have that member next year and they were long timers and past BOD members. The rest of the issues are in my threads in the members section, but I can put it out here if that is what you really want.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Cherokee Master

A BOD member finally stepped up to address all of this. Got a call from Dianamal77, one of the mods here and the PR chair. One issue handled, and she is working on the others.

Thank you very much Diana, you are a refreshing breath of air in this after being ignored by everyone else.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:40 AM
countylineoffroaders..com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
All I want is some communication as to what's going on at the higher levels, so I feel like I'm being included. I don't care if anyone does spend all day working or whatever! I do to, and I still find time to post current issues...Use this forum as a tool, or shut it down. There's more comment on BS threads than those that affect our future ability to wheel
As I have said before in these forums...my husband doesn't go on here, he abhors technology. He is getting better....baby steps.

As you so eloquently stated that you don't care if people are "working all day or whatever", I would beg to differ as I'm sure a few others would. I cannot speak for my husband, but I will speak in defense of him. I don't know what you do for a living and if your occupation affords you the luxury of not being physically and mentally exhausted by the end of the day, but my husband's occupation is. The last thing on his mind is to run home and get on the PNW forums, I guarantee it. He still manages to fullfill all of his PNW duties and then some. My husband, as far as I know, hasn't been contacted by anyone so I am assuming that he isn't the one that the dissention is aimed towards. He is part of the Board of Directors though and I'm sure would be concerned about the negative feelings that have been expressed. Once again, please get a hold of him if you have questions, concerns, gripes, etc:
Dan Morris- 253 376-6359 cell / 360 458-0644 home Whooptink@yahoo.com
Old 08-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Cherokee Master

You are correct in that none of my issues have anything to do with Dan or Region 2. As for anyone else, I can't speak to that.

The membership has stated many times that they want the officers to be more involved on the site, and they get an "OK, yep" but that is about it.

We all hold jobs and are mostly gone from at least 8-5 and usually longer depending on the commute. Very few are retired with nothing else to do but this, even that would be boring after awhile.