Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Old 08-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Old Goat

Default Nepa 101

FYI - The Naches Ranger District is offering a NEPA 101 and Comment Writing Workshop open to the public.

“Why does the Forest Service spend so much time planning instead of implementing projects?”

“How can I make sure my opinion and comments are heard?”

“What is NEPA?”

“How do I stay involved in what is happening on my public lands?”

…if you have ever asked any of these questions, please join us for a brief overview of public involvement in the Forest Service NEPA process and a comment writing workshop tiered to current Naches and Cle Elum Ranger District projects.

Date: September 11, 2012
Time: 7pm-9pm

RSVP: Michelle King 509-653-1420 mdking02@fs.fed.us

As an informed citizen, you can help the Forest Service do a better job managing public lands. Please share this information with friends and family who may be interested in the environmental planning process on the National Forest. This is also an excellent opportunity to get help and guidance on writing substantive comments for projects. Some current projects we will discuss are the1501 Flood Repair, 1700 Road System Flood Repair, 1901 Flood Repair, 4517-117 Flood Repair, 3300 Flood Repair, and the Nelli Restoration Project.

Please let me know if you are able to attend or if you have any questions about the workshop.

Thank you,
Michelle King