Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 07-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Cherokee Master

Default Association Issues

I have brought up issues in a members forum, I have left voice mail messages, PM's and these thing have been ongoing since April and later depending on the issue. Nothing is less than a month and a half old. Have not been contacted by anyone able to fix the issues or who cares enough to do so.

Maybe it is now time to bring the shortcomings out in the open

You can't expect to grow the PNW if you can't stay on top of things and get them taken care of in a timely manner. How can you expect members to sing the praises of an association that can't even get it's act together in a timely manner on small things?

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 07-27-2012, 05:02 PM

Been waiting for this thread

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 07-27-2012, 07:27 PM
BOD

Art, now I'm just a little (actually a whole lot) disappointed in you. The officers of the PNW are all volunteers none of us are paid. Several of us spend our days at work on computers and or working on them and when we get home, we don't have time to spend hours making comments on the Web site about things that should never be brought up for the general public. You being a former officer know the time and effort most of us spend working for this organization, it's a thankless job - but we love this organization and that's why we are involved. I know I'm speaking for all the officers when I say we would love to have several people run for each office. I'm sorry that you feel like I'm not doing my job, however, I'm sure it could be arranged for you to be appointed to take over my job as secretary. Sande Nettnin, Secretary
Old 07-28-2012, 10:43 AM

Sande, I personally have no reservations about you and Earl caring about our sport! What gripes me the most is the lack of notice of activity from the BOD in the forums about what they are doing to help preserve what we do. I also spend a great deal of time, to Susan's occasional annoyance, roaming around on the web trying to keep the Putter site current on land use issues, and I expect the same from whoever is supposed to be doing that job on this site!! And I'm just not seeing it. Jim asked me to post what I find, and I have, but when a guy gets no comments from those "in charge", it gets pretty old. There's more info at times over on the NWW site. We should be the lead on 4x4 activity in the NW. WOHVA is good, but they aren't 4x4 only. We are.

Last August, I took time to go down to the Oregon Dunes to meet with the locals and Don Amador from BRC to talk to the Siuslaw Forest Supervisor regarding the TMP for the Dunes. Sande, I was the only member of our group there. PNW should have been all over that! Admittedly it was somewhat personal for me as I grew up in those dunes, but PNW should have had a presence of more than one person!

I'm sorry some of the gang may not like all this being out in public, as I'm sure someone from Big Green is watching and giggling about it, but we need to get our act together and start making more noise here at home. BRC ain't doing it, even though they should, but it's not really their place to lead up here anyway. It's ours!

Okay, rant off. Got Putter stuff to do...

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 07-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Old Goat

Art, it looks like you got your answer.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Has some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
There's more info at times over on the NWW site.
This is very sad but true.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:48 AM
Cherokee Master

Well, when the issues are brought up privately and voice mails left and PM's sent and the BOD has seen it and done nothing, then it is time to get it in the open. I have heard nothing from anyone on the issues I brought up in the members section. If this is what it takes to get action so be it. I have a club member still waiting for a membership card-how long would you wait?

Sande, sorry you feel that way, you have done an excellent job with the position you hold. You are right about being volunteers and I well know that. When I could no longer fullfill the duties of the office, I resigned to let someone else take it over. Other BOD members have seen the issues in the other threads but nothing has been done. So don't jump in my case over failures of other BOD members to do the job they took on. There has been plenty of time to correct the issues I brought up. I have not climbed on any one BOD members frame. This is a collective failure that needs to be addressed and fixed.

Merrick- Looks like. As I said elsewhere, if not a part of the favored few, just send your money and shut up. No one care weather their act is together or not.

In a way, I'm suprised that the thread is still here and was not deleted over the week end.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team

Last edited by Art Waugh; 07-31-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:43 PM
countylineoffroaders..com

If anyone has any questions, concerns, information, gripes or praises...my huband, Dan Morris-Region 2 Director, loves getting a phone call- 253 376-6359
Old 07-30-2012, 04:54 PM
<----Busy Wild

Folks can call me anytime they like also, put me in your contacts,

206-851-6642

I know there are some pretty hard working board members that put tons of time toward their volunteer work at the PNW. I also know they do it for the some of the same reasons I do. I am absolutely proud and honored to be a PNW member. I love what the PNW represents and I love the people of the PNW.

Can we improve? Sure you bet and we have over 50 years of improving. We are better today than we were yesterday and we will be better yet by tomorrow.

It's great that we have this forum to communicate to compliment the good old ways.

I am currently working on a business plan for my business. I thought if I just worked hard as I could it would be wildly successful and off I would jeep into the sunset. Come to find out a plan is a really good idea.

I believe a PNW business plan for the future would be a good way Art to address some of the concerns you have. It would also give our people a roadmap to the future. Young people participating is essential to our future survival and success.

We are blessed with good leadership, every board meeting I attend I witness forward steps.

We all fire the jeep up the same way in the morning.

Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 07-30-2012, 05:15 PM

I think there's a point being missed! Did you not get the comment about more info on NWW? Go look at the lands section of the Peak Putters site. Why do I seem to be the only one picking up on some of the info there?When I do put a piece up here, I get no response. Why? No one cares? It's a bit discouraging. I guess I'm at the point I'll keep my bunch informed, but why cross post if no action is taken. We talk in private a lot over there, so you may not see some of what's going on, but it is.

All I want is some communication as to what's going on at the higher levels, so I feel like I'm being included. I don't care if anyone does spend all day working or whatever! I do to, and I still find time to post current issues...Use this forum as a tool, or shut it down. There's more comment on BS threads than those that affect our future ability to wheel

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing