Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 10-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Cherokee Master

Default VA and Obmacare

I got a letter from the VA a couple of days ago, stating that VA health care meets the requirements of Obamacare. I would urge all those who have served to enroll in VA health care as it might save you some bucks if you have no other coverage and would have a hard time with the upcoming premiums.

This is available even if you have no service related disability.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 10-11-2013, 09:16 AM
ForestWatchVP.org

I got VA last year since my wife's company change their medical to meet Obama Care. My monthly payment to be on my wife's insurance doubled and the deducible was thousands before they paid any of the cost. To bad I couldn't get out of the rest of the Obama care with the wife and kids. We are worse off financially now because of the family medical cost to meet Obama Care.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Cherokee Master

I hear you, after a fast look, my monthly would have been $165 with a 10K deductible, and not much in the way of subsidy. I already can't afford the $180 every 3 month cardiologist office visit and the $400 or more every 3 month pacemaker/defib downloads. When the battery on that box starts going down in the next year, that is around 16K+ to replace, at least that was the cost when it went in.......got to transfer my cardio stuff over when the feds get back to work, and I don't know how good they are in Portland with it,,,,,oh well

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team