Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Your Regional Forums > Region One
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2016, 10:15 AM
Friends

Default Is region one dead?

I am seeing the last post for this being three years ago. I am looking for very beginner trails to take my Xterra on, more like foot paths for the lazy. Any idea were I can start researching this?
Old 02-05-2016, 10:48 AM
BOD

Region 1 is not dead. You can contact the Region 1 Director at Reg1Dir@pnw4wda.org her name is Angela Holm. Their new director will take over after Winter Convention his name is Dave Taylor. Hope this helps.

Sande Nettnin, PNW4WDA
Secretary
Old 02-10-2016, 01:10 AM
Dirt Napper....

What area do you live Joey? Might help to narrow down an area for you...

www.rrr4x4.com
A PNW4WDA Region 1 Affiliate Club
Old 03-10-2016, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Joey,

I am very glad to see you posted on here! We are in the midst of improving this site and gearing it towards questions like this. Here is a quick resource link that will give you an idea of where some ORV parks are around your area:
http://www.where-to-ride.info/

Do not be afraid to post on here and start conversation. We will make sure to answer your questions as soon as possible!

If you do go out and have a blast, feel free to post up a quick trip report so that maybe others might become interested in the area you were at!
Old 04-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Friends

Thanks for getting back to me. I actually didn't see this until just recently. I live in Woodinville WA., Cottage Lake area. I am very brand new to this. I just bought a 2014 base model Xterra, haven't even put it into 4x4 mode yet, but whenever I see a puddle or a bit a mud, I swerve into it.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:24 AM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandenB View Post
Joey,

I am very glad to see you posted on here! We are in the midst of improving this site and gearing it towards questions like this. Here is a quick resource link that will give you an idea of where some ORV parks are around your area:
http://www.where-to-ride.info/

Do not be afraid to post on here and start conversation. We will make sure to answer your questions as soon as possible!

If you do go out and have a blast, feel free to post up a quick trip report so that maybe others might become interested in the area you were at!
Thank you Brandon, I went and checked out that map and wasn't really encouraged. The closest trail available for 4x4 is only .5 mile. Mainly, being brand new to The PNW, I would be looking for easy trails with outstanding views. My Xterra is the most basic it can be while still being 4x4. Probably looking more for dirt roads than trails to start. really just want to explore this beautiful state
Old 04-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Cherokee Master

Joey- To get your feet wet, so to speak, go to the nearest USFS Ranger District office and get a set of the "Motor Vehicle Use Maps". They are free and will show the open routes for motorized use. That will put you on good dirt/gravel roads, and some "high clearance roads" to get you started. And will let you do some exploring as well. Try to travel with another vehicle, or at least let someone know the general area you are going to, with an expected return time. You won't always have cell coverage in case something should happen to you or others. Always carry an axe, shovel and a "snatch strap".

Look on the front page, about us, clubs, and then the region page and the clubs are listed, most with contact information.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV/Recreation Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 04-15-2016, 12:23 PM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
Region 1 is not dead. You can contact the Region 1 Director at Reg1Dir@pnw4wda.org her name is Angela Holm. Their new director will take over after Winter Convention his name is Dave Taylor. Hope this helps.

Sande Nettnin, PNW4WDA
Secretary
Thank you Sandy. I sent an email off to Angela today.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Waugh View Post
Joey- To get your feet wet, so to speak, go to the nearest USFS Ranger District office and get a set of the "Motor Vehicle Use Maps". They are free and will show the open routes for motorized use. That will put you on good dirt/gravel roads, and some "high clearance roads" to get you started. And will let you do some exploring as well. Try to travel with another vehicle, or at least let someone know the general area you are going to, with an expected return time. You won't always have cell coverage in case something should happen to you or others. Always carry an axe, shovel and a "snatch strap".

Look on the front page, about us, clubs, and then the region page and the clubs are listed, most with contact information.
Thank you for your advice Art. I don't know what a snatch strap is but it sounds like a good weekend waiting to happen. I see they have a ranger station at the Seattle REI. I think we will hit that first.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Cherokee Master

A snatch strap is a nylon web strap with eyes sewed on the ends. They can run from 2 inches in width up to 6 inches or so, and 20-30 feet in length. a 2 inch, 20 foot strap is generally rated around 20,000 lbs. I have a 3 inch, 30 footer that is rated at 30,000 lb from when I had my full size p/u. You put the loops over a recovery point (NEVER over a hitch ball) on each vehicle. When the nonstuck rig hits the end of the slack strap it will stretch some and then recoil back to normal and that stretch pulls the stuck rig out----hopefully. That is why you need strong recovery points, a lot of energy hits very quickly, and you can find pictures of hitch balls going through w/shields, seat backs and on out the back of Jeeps.

Stay completely away from the straps with hooks on the end-----a disaster waiting to happen.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV/Recreation Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team