Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 04-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Washington State Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Waugh View Post
I was told years ago that the only way any national info was going to be put on here was in a read only format, well that has been done with the State Directors page, but still not there, It is sent to BOD members to distribute to their people as they see fit. Three threads in the past 24 months, and one of those was on the loss of Ms Cook.

State Directors are pretty good at putting out info as they get it for their areas, but that is as far as it goes, unless one of us peons trips across something and puts it up. I pretty much have gone to the "rely on myself" route to get any thing, unless my State Director puts it up here or it comes down via email, or I see it in the local fish wrapper

Yeah, the BOD needs to be more active and proactive on this thing and it has been told to them multiple times, and most won't get it or do it. But yet they want this Association to grow. Go figure. When I could no longer perform the duties of the position I had, I gave it up and handed it to someone else. We seem to have some on the BOD that like the status of the job and the perks, but really don't fulfill the entire duty spectrum.

More hate mail coming my way now........
I agree with most of what your saying Art but please realize that it is a double edged sword as well. I like yourself ask for letters on all sorts of action needed items and I use this site as well as my rather large e-mail distribution list (of which I believe you Dave and Merrick are all on) seldom do I see letters written and fewer yet copies sent back to me for our records. We have multiple landchairs but seldom do I get reports from local goings on. Since I have been the WA. state director this round I have put on 3 State landmatters meetings (at the delegates request) and yet the attendance at these meeting has been dismal at best to the point of being embarrassing in regards to the guest speakers that I have asked to attend. I could go on but you get the point. I do appreciate what you and Dave and Merick post and I do try and keep up with all of it but as with everyone else Life is busy. Right now we just found out that CleElum district (USFS) is planning on closing approx. 23 miles of roads in the Liberty area So as I learn more I will be sending out a cry for help and we will do what we can
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 04-03-2014, 07:26 AM

Jim, I know full well you're doing the best you can, and my e-mail in box has proof! I also know sometimes I don't do a very good job anymore of posting here, in large part due to the lack of response from the BOD and others that I feel need to be involved. I know you're seeing a lot of what I do as I do get a comment, or see that you've reposted something elsewhere, which is just dandy by me! I do keep Earl and Sande advised of my shenanigans, and I hope they don't think I've gone rogue at times. We just need more from the powers that be on here, and on the FaceBook page!! That's how we're going to get the younger members more involved is social media. They eat it up, and that's one of our best bets. I mean, really, if an old dog like me can learn a new trick or two, there is no reason some of the rest can't either

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing

Last edited by Grumpy; 04-03-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Cherokee Master

Jim, not on your list, but when you do put something up here I do respond, like the DNR stuff you had up. I don't send you a copy of emails and that is my bad and will fix that in the future. Appreciate that being brought to my attention so I can do the same for Randy as well.

I would ask that all others responding to requests for input or comments would cc the originator of the request so they can have a tally and record of responses.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team