Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails > Yacolt Burn
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Friends

Default Guide Book Information for Yacolt Burn?

Greetings!

I am gathering materials for and writing a UTV Guide Book. I am starting fairly small with Western Washington State.
You can view a demo of it here: http://blog.bruteforcetech.com/GuideBookDemo.pdf
It will have lots more information about passes, responsibilities, etc. but this demo shows the "meat" of it.

I just spent a couple of hours digging around for information on the Yacolt Burn area, and finally found the Burn section of the PNFWDA, and specifically the threads about the trails under construction.
This forum seems to have the most complete and up to date information on the area, and seems to include the folks working to make it happen, so this seems like a good place to ask the question.
So my question is: Should I visit the Yacolt Burn area to map out the sanctioned trails that have been created, take pictures, and include it in the guide book, or would it be better if the area did not get any extra publicity yet?

This is my first guide book and I am under no falsely optimistic impression that it will be a bestseller which will result in the area being overrun or anything like that, but my hope is that it will gain enough attention to justify a second book with a wider scope. I understand that these are public areas and technically there is nothing preventing me from including it, but I also understand that this is a sensitive negotiation with the DNR, and don’t want to do anything to jeopardize that.

How many miles of sanctioned trails have been built? The last post I saw was from June 2014 and it looked like you were just getting started.
Thank you for your time.