Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails > Naches/Manashtash
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 03:52 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Jim...I understand why you made the comment, but Ceg is not entirely wrong. There are many who do not feel welcomed into the PNW4WDA family...Merrick's comments are a perfect example. You have personally tried to reach out to me (Thank you...I will figure out a way to attend a run with you), but others in the org have not been so nice. I shared my experiences with this in a thread on the old forum...it is never fun to be judged by what you drive. Kinda sad.

The wheeling community should be pulling together to present a united front...not splintering off into new organizations. When are you veteran wheelers going to open your eyes, your minds, your arms & welcome the younger crowd to the table?

I'm just sayin'
Sure...everyone is welcome to join the PNW4WDA, but that does not mean they will be welcomed with open arms. I still think that all wheelers should stand together under a single org, but Merrick's comments don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling
Old 05-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Washington State Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Sure...everyone is welcome to join the PNW4WDA, but that does not mean they will be welcomed with open arms. I still think that all wheelers should stand together under a single org, but Merrick's comments don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling
How can you expect to have some 2500 members all agree on everything or even have the same goals ? Look at Gabe in WOW for comparison just because he drives a stock type rig (even if it is a throwawy jeep) Merrick like myself is just one memebr of many. We dont represent the entire Org. with our opinions. Were never all going to get along all of the time nor are we always going to agree on everything
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 05-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelingPlus.com View Post
Wow! Long read. I've got 2 things to say about this thread...

What did I say?

AND:
I know most everyone in this thread personally and I've had long "on topic" discussions with most of you. The bottom line is, you are all after the same thing... You just have different ideas/opinions of how to obtain it.
Mikki quoted something you said to some mudders. Jim credited what was said to Mikki. I had heard the story many times and put it right as something Ron Dunn said. The story is really good and carries Ron in a very good light.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Washington State Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick Graves View Post
Mikki quoted something you said to some mudders. Jim credited what was said to Mikki. I had heard the story many times and put it right as something Ron Dunn said. The story is really good and carries Ron in a very good light.
Hmmm the way I remember it was, Mikki was going up towards riders camp and caught a couple of yahoos playing just off the road on a rocky hillclimb and a conversation insued that included her saying this to them after they said those PNW guys are just a bunch of do gooders (or such) Anyhoo dang if I wanted to ruffle anybodys feathers with a "mis-quote" even if it was a very positve thing for us. I will be changing it very soon
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 05-20-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
How can you expect to have some 2500 members all agree on everything or even have the same goals ? Look at Gabe in WOW for comparison just because he drives a stock type rig (even if it is a throwawy jeep) Merrick like myself is just one memebr of many. We dont represent the entire Org. with our opinions. Were never all going to get along all of the time nor are we always going to agree on everything
I just have to say one more thing about this whole mess.
2500 opinions is how entire Org repesents it self. With that said one should keep opinions that could miss repersent or damage the org out of the public light . Such as the forum and internet. I am just as guilty as everyone else but I am working on it.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
Since we have just learned there was an underlying agenda by a few to keep things the way they were in the olden days, maybe we will. But for now we have been following the leaders and spending all our efforts working with them.

I guess the new trails should be restricted to, say like 74 inches and wider?

This is of course a riduculas idea.

But I do respect the elders in trying to keep what they built. It was their effort. But this divides us all?

So do we become united, or split up to all off roaders in one group and a few who want to wiggle between trees?
There is just a teensy weensy problem here tons of people are forgetting reflected in the comment above.... And that is (by the way I'm a 66yr old fart been wheeling all my life) way back when the old farts built the tight technical trails we didn't have the greenies fighting every step of the way like now days. Nowdays NO ONE can just run out and build new trails. The opposition (read greenies) look at the whole off road community thing that what we have is where ALL off roaders are supposed to play. So what is out there now is all we are going to get, and it gets smaller all the time. And the other little point is that everyone is a taxpayer, public land is everyone's. Go talk to the folks that got their 99 year leases to build their cabins in days of old that now have to either turn them over, or tear them down or pay huge new rental fees.

So while is is nice to rant about tight trails for small rigs and exclude the larger ones, there is no place else for them to go play now. The political reality is that there aren't going to be new lands for new trails for the new wheeling crowd to build their own world.

So it really boils down to everyone learning how to play together or w=everyone is going to lose the war with the greenies cause we can't get along. Unfortunately it appears that we will just end up losing it all cause we sure aren't learning to play well together in this new world.