Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails > Elbe Hills ORV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Washington State Director

Default Elbe focus group meeting

Hello everyone, I hope you still have May 14, Thursday on your schedules for our Elbe focus group meeting. I would like to start this meeting at 6:30 PM to cover some special agenda items. We will adjourn at 9:00 PM. The meeting will be held at Grahamís Headquarters Station, 23014 - 70th Ave. E., Graham.

The last meeting was excellent, really good participation by all attending. I want to stress how important it is to have the number of people present representing different clubs and all coming in with new ideas, and suggestions. It is clear you all want to be active partners in the activities in Elbe.

We will have two primary agenda items at this meeting.

The first is we will be focusing on volunteer training. Elbe is very dependent on volunteers, as it has always been. As volunteers are employees, there is training we need to cover so we are meeting some of our obligations to L&I, creating a safer work environment for you, and helping you get more information regarding the volunteer program. Christine Redmond, the statewide volunteer program coordinator will be attending to conduct training. As we would like all volunteers to make it through the same training, we will have training record started for everyone who attends to help keep track. The following schedule will be included in the first part of the meeting.

6:30 PM Introduction/Job Descriptions and Forms (5 min) Handouts

6:35 AM First Aid/Safety Introduction (45 min)

Common first aid (16 min) Video

Basic first aid kit components Handout

Safe Lifting Practices video (14 min) Video

Driving on Forest Roads/Defensive Driving (15 min) PPT

7:20 AM Secure Your Load (20 min) Video

7:40 PM Hand Tool & Power Tool Safety, Use and Maintenance (25 min)

Hand & Power tool safety (20 min) Video

Personal Protective Equipment (5 min) Handouts

8:05 PM Wrap-Up & Evaluation

Second, we need to cover the proposed upcoming event Dog Pound Off-road would like to hold in August. We will also have time to talk about the last work party, and any other upcoming events.

See everyone there. I hope to see a good turnout, as we had last month.

Nancy Barker

South Puget Sound Region

Elbe Public Use Forester

253-312-4301
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA