Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails > Evans Creek Trails
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Washington State Director

Default Chainsaw certification class

I will be putting on a chainsaw class (classroom portion) for volunteers Tuesday June 9th 6:30 PM to 1030 PM for anyone interested. Let me know names of individuals beforehand as I would like not to exceed 20 participants. The field certification date(s) will be determined at the class. Anyone needing a recert let me know and I will let you know what field dates are scheduled. Thanks

Bob Pacific
Trails/ORV/Summit at Snoqualmie Ski Administration
Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
Snoqualmie Ranger District
450 Roosevelt Ave East
Enumclaw, WA 98022
(360) 825-6585 x205
(253)350-1912 (cell)
(360) 825-0660 (fax)
bpacific@fs.fed.us
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 05-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Washington State Director

To all interested in the attending the training.

I wanted to clarify the objectives of the chainsaw class for new certifications. It is intended to emphasize the importance of safety in chainsaw and crosscut use when volunteering on Forest Service projects. I'm assuming all in attendance have prior experience in the use of chainsaws. It is not a class for beginners. It is a scaled down version of the Forest Service S-212 chainsaw class for firefighting which is technically a full two day class and is targeted for beginners as well as experienced operators. Because of the time element, the version I will be instructing is downsized to accommodate experienced volunteers and only includes bucking since we cannot certify volunteers for falling. Along with all the safety protocol, I will be going over basic and more technical tecniques for bucking along with chainsaw maintenance. Hopefully I can get through the important classroom material within 3-4 hours. The length of field certification will depend on how many participants I have as it looks like I will be the only instructor. Sorry if this does not meet the expectations of the those wanting to learn how to use a chainsaw but I just dont have the time to do the field training with beginners as 3-4 trainees would take a full day alone in the field instruction. The class is sheduled for June 9th at the DNR conference room 6:30 PM until 10:30 + or -. The field certification will be determined at the meeting so we can come up with a date(s) that best meets all or most of the participants schedule. Thanks

Bob Pacific
Trails/ORV/Summit at Snoqualmie Ski Administration
Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
Snoqualmie Ranger District
450 Roosevelt Ave East
Enumclaw, WA 98022
(360) 825-6585 x205
(253)350-1912 (cell)
(360) 825-0660 (fax)
bpacific@fs.fed.us
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman