Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails > Evans Creek Trails
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Washington State Director

Default Evans creek improvement plan

File Code: 1950-1
Date: November 25, 2008

Dear Interested Citizen,
The Snoqualmie Ranger District is seeking comments on the Proposed Evans Creek ORV Area Management Plan Environmental Assessment (EA). The EA will be posted on the Forest Service website at http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/projects/ and will be available for review on November 26, 2008. To request a CD or hardcopy of the EA, contact the team lead at the address or telephone number listed below.
This project proposes upgrading the existing facilities to accommodate current uses; convert several roads to dual track trails to increase loop opportunities; repair, redesign or relocate trail segments; reduce area access to a single entrance/exit; decommission dead end spur roads, user built trails, select dual track trails; and provide for increased user safety.
The project is located in Pierce County, in the Carbon and Mowich River watersheds, southwest of Enumclaw, Washington, in T17N, R07E, Sections 5, 8, 9, 16-21, 28.
The pre-decisional comment period ends 30 days after the date of publication of the legal notice in the Enumclaw Courier-Herald. If the time period expires on a Saturday or Sunday (or Federal Holiday), comments are due by the end of the next Federal working day. Comments received, including names and addresses of those who comment, will be part of the Project Record and available for public review. After close of the 30-day comment period, the Forest Service will release a decision notice (DN). The decision will be subject to appeal. Only those who submit timely comments will have standing to appeal the project decision (36 CFR 215.5(b)(1)(vi)).
Comments on this project may be submitted electronically, through the mail, by fax, or hand delivered. Electronic comments may be sent to comments-pacificnorthwest-mtbaker-sn...lmie@fs.fed.us. They need to be in message, text, .doc, .rtf, or .pdf format. Written comments should be mailed or hand delivered (during business hours) to: District Ranger, Snoqualmie Ranger District, 450 Roosevelt Avenue East, Enumclaw, 98022 (ATTN: Stephanie Swain), or faxed to (360) 825-0660. The Responsible Official is the District Ranger.
For more information, contact project team lead Stephanie Swain at (360) 825-6585, extension 206.
Sincerely,

/s/ Steven L. Johnson for

JAMES FRANZEL
District Ranger
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Wa. State Director PNW4WDA
Old 01-06-2009, 06:32 PM
that WOHVA guy

Isn't the comment period over? Have they released the decision notice?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:53 PM

Comment priod is over and I havnt seen the final draft as yet. I just moverd the post over because its still good information. I will be moving more of the lands posts as time allows
Old 01-06-2009, 07:11 PM
that WOHVA guy

Sounds good to me
Old 04-21-2009, 09:40 PM

Theres been a lot of questions about getting "non-street legal" 4x4s from the campground to the dayuse area and trails with the new plan. I contacted Bob Pacific from the White river ranger district with this question and this is the responce I recieved.

Hey Jim. Cant remember if I replied to you the after talking to Steve. Must be the age factor. Anyways. Our solution was to have the street legal sign only just outside the entrance to the campground entrance on the 7920 instead of at the day use lot. This would allow full size non street legal vehicles to drive through the campground turn right towards the day use lot and access the trails. The alternative was to require non legal vehicles to access all the trails via 311 out of the campground which didn't seem like a reasonable option if they were trying to access the 520. There will still be a separated designated trail for the ATV's and motorcycles since this is more of a safety/size conflict. We can discuss further at next months rec meeting (May 12th).

Bob Pacific
Trails/ORV/Summit at Snoqualmie Ski Administration
Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
Snoqualmie Ranger District
450 Roosevelt Ave East
Enumclaw, WA 98022
(360) 825-6585 x205

So after reading this it seems that there is a plan in place to allow access for the non legal rigs from the campground dayuse. The only road that will be off limits(non-legal rigs) is from the entry off the Mowich rd (hwy) to the entry to the campground.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:48 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob pacific
Our solution was to have the street legal sign only just outside the entrance to the campground entrance on the 7920 instead of at the day use lot. This would allow full size non street legal vehicles to drive through the campground turn right towards the day use lot and access the trails.
Sweet...this is excellent news
Old 04-22-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Sweet...this is excellent news
feel free to x-post the info. I couldnt find the one on NWW where we were talking about this issue :Cob: Might save a lot of anxiety and a lynch mob mentality at the next meeting

Last edited by jim putman; 04-22-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
feel free to x-post the info. I couldnt find the one on NWW where we were talking about this issue :Cob: Might save a lot of anxiety and a lynch mob metality at the next meeting
I always try to share any good info I find here
Old 04-22-2009, 06:57 PM
that WOHVA guy

I just posted this info on NWW & WOW