Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Washington Trails > Elbe Hills ORV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 07:56 PM

Default Work Party

There will be a work party the weekend of July 25-26. If you have the time please attend. We will need more man power now that we have to stretch our funds to make them last.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:11 PM

Ok went on walk around. There are some water issue's we need to fix on several trails near the nine road. We have to put in heavy duty water bars and run the water off into silt ponds.... There are more signs to install.. And lots of down tree's that need to be removed to open sections of the busy that are not sapposed to be closed. We will also be doing the normal stuff like picking up trash and cleaning out fire pits. So if you have a day or two of free time drive up and help our sport. With the current financial situation we need to be careful on use of funds. So the more labor we can donate to the orv parks the better off we will be. Dont everybody post at once
Old 07-24-2009, 08:02 AM

This weekend is the work party, am hoping to see some members up there helping out. We have quite a bit of work that needs to get done this time. Lunch will be served for those who attend to help us out this weekend.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:40 PM

I want to post a thanks to those that came out to clean up and help keep our ORV parks open this weekend, without the man hours our trails would be so horrible that the enviromental people would come in and shut us down.

Thanks to the Hombre's also who stood up and helped by donating money towards food to feed those who attended. We had lunch both days for those who came out the help out with our projects.

A huge thanks also goes out to Tacoma Webfooters for volunteering not only their time but also the equipment that helped do some work on the trails. It was nice having a second excavator out there with a darn good operator.

We got some accomplished with the people who showed up.

I also want to THANK those who chose to just show to wheel and instead of asking if we would need any minor help, just asked about trails in order to be able to wheel. I guess we didn't show it was PNW enough for those clubs, seeing as we had the "PNW Volunteer Work Party" Signs out. Guess it shows that some people choose to ignore the work and just wanna play. Maybe we need to remember that without the volunteer hours these parks can get shut down, the DNR doesn't do the maintence on Elbe Hills, US the users do the maintence on it.

~Ang
Old 07-26-2009, 09:14 PM

Id also like to thank everyone who took the time to attend the work party.... It was a pretty bad turn out. But hey we got the work done and thats what counts.... Id like to personally thank the members of the Hombre's jeep club for the donation to the work party food fund....
Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 AM
The One that Screws it up

So What they are trying to say is there was 2 non members from Oregon and 3 Dogpound Members there I seen a fella Not knowing if he is a member or not later they said he was Fordzuki, he went with us saturday evening to help pick up trash on the Busy... and two wow members came up to help run the equipment...

Then Sunday Mike brought Chris up with his Excavator from Web footers. He came out to swamp and Helped us Improve our Silt trap, and the Fella really know what he was doing.

DogpoundOffroad

Last edited by Dogfather; 08-11-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Webfooter VP

Just as a correction, his name was Chris and his company that donated the time and excavator was Kelley Home Services. We had a great time and will try to come up on Saturday next time.

~Mike Mayfarth
Tacoma Webfooters...
Old 08-11-2009, 08:56 AM
The One that Screws it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberzuki View Post
Just as a correction, his name was Chris and his company that donated the time and excavator was Kelley Home Services. We had a great time and will try to come up on Saturday next time.

~Mike Mayfarth
Tacoma Webfooters...
My Bad Thanks Mike
DogpoundOffroad