Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 07-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Aimless Wanderer

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and South of Disorder
Default Trail manners

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNirvana View Post
That was certainly some group there..... Think they would have done that if they were not drunk? And how about their buddy in the red XJ driving across the meadow? I have a pic of that. Don't mean to rain on this pic but between the girls peeing out in the open and falling down drunk in front of all the kids that were there, they were just a prime example of what not to be.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 AM
<----Busy Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Dodgers View Post
That was certainly some group there..... Think they would have done that if they were not drunk? And how about their buddy in the red XJ driving across the meadow? I have a pic of that. Don't mean to rain on this pic but between the girls peeing out in the open and falling down drunk in front of all the kids that were there, they were just a prime example of what not to be.
The girls asked permission to pee behind my jeep, I was told that only one person was allowed to do that.irtDOG:

Driving across the meadow. I'm glad I didn't see that. They need some dui patrols up there.
That would stop some of it. That kindof stuff endangers it for all of us.
Cascade4x4s
Webteam member
Forum Admin
Old 07-17-2009, 04:47 PM
No club affiliation

Quote:
the red XJ driving across the meadow? I have a pic of that.

And of course as a member of ORV trailwatch you did the right thing and turned that pic and a description in to the proper authorities right?
Old 07-17-2009, 06:32 PM
No club affiliation

Good to hear. He wasn't a member of that group, they may be dumb but they aren't stupid.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:51 AM
Aimless Wanderer

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and South of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE TRASH View Post
And of course as a member of ORV trailwatch you did the right thing and turned that pic and a description in to the proper authorities right?
Yup right here. And posted on ORV Trail Watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNirvana View Post
The girls asked permission to pee behind my jeep, I was told that only one person was allowed to do that.irtDOG:

Driving across the meadow. I'm glad I didn't see that. They need some dui patrols up there.
That would stop some of it. That kindof stuff endangers it for all of us.
Finally got my pics for my G/F. this is at the end of his little trip across the meadow.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:36 AM
No club affiliation

Quote:
Yup right here. And posted on ORV Trail Watch.

Not what I mean.. Did you E-mail/call send smoke signals too etc the rangers and DNR concerning the xj? Posting the pics on the intardnet is a tiny piece of the puzzle. If you don't get the info to the authorities you aren't doing anything.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:55 AM
ORV Trail Watch Owner

Quote:

Here's some pretty interesting information on that "group" that is in the picture.

The guy driving the black 4runner is my neighbor and an ORV Trail Watch member. With him was his wife - the shorter quiet one. They go by All4wheelin and Funsize. The silver exo'd truck is a friend of his, who is not on the boards. With them was a very beat up yellow toyota truck which is the vehicle the louder girl was with, they are also not on the boards. After talking with them about what happened that day, here is the information I have for you.

#1 None of the drivers of the 4runner or the silver exo'd yota or the yellow yota were drunk.
#2 Funsize had 3 beers over a 7 hour time period that day and was far from drunk. The other girl was blitzed and was being pretty obnoxious. But neither of them were ever driving.
#3 From the way they described them "pee'ing out in the open" was that they asked if they could pee behind the very last jeep in the group because it was the farthest one out and it was quite a walk to any other cover and the only way they could have been seen was if you were purposefully looking.

#4 The person in the red XJ - was not part of their group. They have no idea who that person is.

#5 That "group" that you say should be a prime example of what not to be spent huge parts of their days wheeling cleaning up garbage off the trails and in the camp areas. They had bags and bags of garbage that they brought home with them to be disposed of......collected over the 3 days they were up there. They are very trail conscious and helpful people.

So out of the "drunk group" there was only one person who was falling down drunk.....the incident you are probably referring to the really drunk girl plopped down on the cooler next to Funsize and knocked the whole thing over taking Funsize with her. Funsize said she laughed about it because it was funny. Personally I am not very impressed with the other girl, but I've only met her a couple of times and they were at bbq's.

But this is a very good example of why to not make assumptions about what is going on. If you have a problem with the way that someone is acting or pee'ing out in the open where your kids can see, politely ask them if they could do that somewhere else. Not cause a scene or get into an altercation, but don't just stand back and watch it happen then come home and complain about it on the internet. That doesn't get anything accomplished.

Duck Dodgers did the right thing is getting a picture of the red XJ driving across the meadow.
You just have to be very careful with your details so that the wrong person isn't getting blamed for someone else's actions. But also as many details on, well in this example, the red XJ the more details the better. Who's driving it? Male or female?? Description? Picture of driver if possible? Anything special about the rig? These are all things that can help an investigating officer nail down the person doing the damage. Pretty much you need to gather as much information as you can.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Resident Ankle Biter

Main Entry: per·cep·tion
Function: noun
1 a: a result of perceiving : observation b: a mental image : concept
2obsolete : consciousness
3 a: awareness of the elements of environment through physical sensation b: physical sensation interpreted in the light of experience
4 a: quick, acute, and intuitive cognition : appreciation b: a capacity for comprehension

Main Entry: per·ceive
Function: transitive verb
1 a: to attain awareness or understanding of b: to regard as being such
(perceived threats) (was perceived as a loser)
2: to become aware of through the senses ; especially : see, observe

Perception is 99% of all of our battles.

So what you're saying here, Peanut, is that as long as they pick up some garbage along the way - actual bad bahavior or poor judgement should be overlooked? Just because they belong to Trailwatch doesn't make them responsible wheelers.

We wouldn't tolerate that kind of behavior out on the trails from ANYONE traveling with us - whether they are members of the club or guests or someone that just decided to tag along.

As far as the guy travelling across the meadow - we would have a long chat with him too in addition to sending evidence of his trespass to authorities.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this Peanut - our rules aren't "grey" like yours -- more black and white - because they have to be to protect the sport!

We've previously had this same conversation on other forums - just because they are your friends doesn't give them a free pass...

Duck Dodger - keep up the great work! Policing our own is sometimes difficult - policing those who should already know better is almost always controversial...

Your mission was accomplished - you posted the photos and started the converstion. Peanut knew of and talked to those involved -- maybe next time they will modify their behavior while out on the trails. Probably not because they care about right or wrong - but because they care what Peanut and White Trash might think of them.

Peer pressure -- it works!
Piston's Wild Motorsports
www.pistonswild.com
PNW4WDA Member for 25 Years
(360) 606-1648

"SARCASM - because beating the crap out of people is illegal."

Last edited by PistonsChick; 07-20-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Friends

So the toys did something wrong? The didn't seem to do anything wrong. So its wrong to have fun, laugh, and carry on. So to be a person, you should sit on your hands, act like your pissed, and not let anyone else in the world besides yourself to have fun. That is your guys problem, if they don't belong in your group, then they have to be doing something wrong! As far as bad behavior, I am positive that you pee and poop in the woods! Isn't law that you pack it in, you pack it out. That means your leave your crap all over the woods. We are all up there to have fun. I respect fellow wheeler and I don't assume that ever Jeeper is an ass hole. Have a nice day.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Resident Ankle Biter

I don't have a problem with the trucks on the rocks - I like crawling on rocks as much as the next wheeler.

As long as the drivers of the vehicles had not been drinking, I don't have a problem with them either. Nor do I have a problem with laughing, cutting up or having fun -- we do it all the time. I don't even have a problem with kicking back a few cold ones -- at camp, after we're all done wheeling, racing or riding for the day...

What I do have a problem with is the "perception" that is created by the clearly inebriated female that was certainly "with" the 4x4's.

Obviously, someone perceived that "those 4-wheelers must be drunk" or we wouldn't be having this conversation would we???

When 4-wheelers learn to leave the drinking back at home and back at camp instead of hitting the trails at full tilt - then, and only then will the perception of the sport of 4-wheeling begin to improve...
Piston's Wild Motorsports
www.pistonswild.com
PNW4WDA Member for 25 Years
(360) 606-1648

"SARCASM - because beating the crap out of people is illegal."