Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Old 06-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Cherokee Master

Default Wallowa-Whitman TMP (OR-WA-ID)

The draft EIS is now out for the travel management plan and route desiginations. The forest supervisor is not putting forth a prefered alternative at this time, and will wait till the final to make a decision. This will cover areas in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. 60 day comment period. We need to be very vocal at this point since he will base his final decision of how much screaming he hears in the comment period on the draft, and how few folks he will bend out of shape with what he decides. Can be accessed on line, or call 541-523-1214 for the full 600 page hard copy, cd's, or a 39 page summary. Looks like the 60 day period will start as of the 19th of June.

Again, we need to ask for "class II" "TRAILS". All we have been getting from USFS so far is roads that you can drive down in your vette or porsche. If that is what you want for recreation (a gravel driveway) more power to you, don't bother to work for your sport. But when you have nowhere to run, I don't want to hear about it.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/w-w/projects...an/index.shtml.

email requests to: wwnf_travel_mgt_plan@fs.fed.us

Snail mail request to : WWNF TMP DEIS Request, PO Box 907, Baker City, OR 97814

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

VP- Outcast Land Use Review Team

Last edited by Art Waugh; 06-24-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: links and addresses
Old 06-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Cherokee Master

Got my hard copy today, and will let you know what I think in the next week or so. Got to work my way through 600+ pages and maps of what I figure will be rather obscene from our point of view, and this after I hammered hard early on.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Old 06-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned

I looked through the maps and it seems a very small section runs through Idaho. If I can do anything on this end to help let me know!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Cherokee Master

I am submitting comments with a modified Alternative 4 as my preference. The modification being the addition of the "over 50" trails" from Alternative 5. This can be done at mimimum cost and will not appreciably change Alternative 4 from a resource issue. Most of the 49 miles of over 50 inch trails are south of Hwy 26, between Unity and Austin Jct (Hwy 7) on the Blue Mountain Divide.

We need to submit comments on this plan, as the Responsible Official will fence sit until the last minute. His final decision will be made to anger the fewest people as he sees it, and that will be driven by the kind and amount of comments he gets.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Cherokee Master

Comment period has been extended to Sept. 17th. You now have an extra month to support more class II, 4x4, use in the area.