View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Merrick Graves Merrick Graves is offline
Old Goat
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Naches
Posts: 582

Originally Posted by Jon_in_da_couve View Post
Interesting Art, I had a similar conversation with the MT hood folks this weekend. The request for signage actually came from one of the LEO's as he was unsure how to correlate if a road was open or closed based just off the map.

I'll be watching this to see what you come up with, if it can just be an addition toi the standard carsonite (IE a sticker) that would work best for us in the MT Hood NF.
In a USFS area that has a Travel Management Plan (TMP). There is a Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM). Everyone who operates a motor vehicle must carry the map (you can be ticketed for not having a MVUM). The map shows only the roads that are open. EVERYTHING ELSE IS CLOSED. The MVUM is meant to do away with signs other than road number signs.

Takes only general map reading skills to know what and where you are with this map. Notice: do not confuse thie MVUM with a District Map ( firemans map). If a TMP is in force the MVUM is free for the asking at any District Office in the forest you are recreating in.
Reply With Quote