Thread: 1ton YJ Build
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 08:50 AM
Administrator

I chose to go with a full linked suspension. The front and rear are both a double triangulated 4 link with 14" 2.0 coilovers and 2.0 hydraulic bump stops. I am running a Chevy 14 bolt rear axle with a welded differential, 5.38 gears, and disc brakes. The front is a Ford Balljoint Dana 60 that I cut down 2 inches, custom machined high steer arms, Detroit full case locker, 5.38 gears, chromoly 35 spline inner and outer axle shafts, chromoly drive flanges, and PSC full hydraulic steering. I also chose to step up to a set of Trail Ready 17" Aluminum Beadlocks and 40x13.50 Goodyear Wrangler MTRs. I built this rig to fit 40s and it does perfectly. It doesn't sit to tall and has plenty of clearance.

Here is where it sits as of right now.

I closed off the back so this is only a 2 person rig now. I have an aluminum 15 gallon fuel cell mounted behind the front seats and plenty of room for storage. I am not running any extras on this. It has mechanical gauges, winch controls, ignition, turn signal, tcase shifters, and art carr transmission shifter, that's it. No heater, no radio, nothing. I want this to be as reliable as it can be.

So far I have the following left to do:
-Finish running front brakelines
-Run fuel lines, filter, pump
-Motor accessories (alternator, steering pump, serp belt, exhaust, computer)
-Wire all switches, gauges, lights, winch
-Install the steering parts (cooler, steering orbital, hydro lines, reservoir)