Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association  

Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Old 12-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Washington State Director

This is why I am stepping back and letting Brandon take the lead for our region. My hope is with a fresh voice standing up for the pnw4wda the detractors might actually back off and listen.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Old 12-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
This is why I am stepping back and letting Brandon take the lead for our region. My hope is with a fresh voice standing up for the pnw4wda the detractors might actually back off and listen.
I am going to try to do what I can
Old 12-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Cherokee Master

Brandon-

I wish you all the luck in the world with that attempt. I have been a member since 1976, and the entrenched people running this thing seem to be against major changes. The talk game is good, but nothing seems to come from it. I would disagree on the need for some restructuring. There are some things done at an association level that could be handed off to the regions and done there, with a year end report for totals. There are some positions that can be eliminated and be handled electronically by the president and state directors.

A lot of the side by sides and quads are 4x4 anymore and how do we include them in our group........some of theside by sides are as big as a Sami, but the entrenched membership says NO to anything even remotely resembling these other motorized users and the base they represent. I can promise you there are way more side by sides out there than there are active 4x4 users...........

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV/Recreation Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

Pres.- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 12-07-2015, 02:04 PM
rollin

What we need is a good PR campaign with some marketing attached that attracts different user groups.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:07 PM
rollin

Quote:
and Jim, I truly appreciate what you and several others have done for us. My parents OG members of Cascade 4x4's did work on the Naches, Shoestring & Manastash area's long before there were work parties. We just kind of did the work, no FS required. We've definitely come along way since those days.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol View Post
What we need is a good PR campaign with some marketing attached that attracts different user groups.
All we need is someone to do it.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol View Post
and Jim, I truly appreciate what you and several others have done for us. My parents OG members of Cascade 4x4's did work on the Naches, Shoestring & Manastash area's long before there were work parties. We just kind of did the work, no FS required. We've definitely come along way since those days.
Thanks Nichol yes times have changed the challenges today are daunting at best.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:23 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
My hope is with a fresh voice standing up for the pnw4wda the detractors might actually back off and listen.
Do you view me as a detractor? I may be blunt and ask a lot of questions, but I've always wanted to see the PNW4WDA succeed. There is a ton of great history to share & lots of hard work invested over the years.

I just think there are some pretty obvious opportunities for the PNW4WDA to take advantage of, but you don't seem to agree. Instead you stomp your feet and remind everyone how we would have nothing without the PNW4WDA.

We are never going to make everyone happy...there will always be some detractors out there, but if we stop giving them an easy target I think most of them will chill out. So that means less of and more of

How awesome would it be if no one needed to defend the PNW4WDA? How awesome would it be if the actions of those in leadership inspired all those renegade independent wheelers to join up and participate? How awesome would it be if people were actively invited to join vs told how/why they are doing it wrong?

Graeme and his crew would be an excellent asset to the organization. He wants to be involved with OHV advocacy and trail maintenance, but somewhere along the way the DC4W crew has not made him feel welcome. Where did things go wrong? How did Randy/Mona "invite him to the table"...did they look at him as a partner that had something to contribute? or did they treat him as Art described? If they were rude or accusatory, I don't blame Graeme for being hesitant to participate in the PNW4WDA. <---- that was actually my original question before you jumped in.

I'm not the enemy.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Do you view me as a detractor? I may be blunt and ask a lot of questions, but I've always wanted to see the PNW4WDA succeed. There is a ton of great history to share & lots of hard work invested over the years.

I just think there are some pretty obvious opportunities for the PNW4WDA to take advantage of, but you don't seem to agree. Instead you stomp your feet and remind everyone how we would have nothing without the PNW4WDA.

We are never going to make everyone happy...there will always be some detractors out there, but if we stop giving them an easy target I think most of them will chill out. So that means less of and more of

How awesome would it be if no one needed to defend the PNW4WDA? How awesome would it be if the actions of those in leadership inspired all those renegade independent wheelers to join up and participate? How awesome would it be if people were actively invited to join vs told how/why they are doing it wrong?

Graeme and his crew would be an excellent asset to the organization. He wants to be involved with OHV advocacy and trail maintenance, but somewhere along the way the DC4W crew has not made him feel welcome. Where did things go wrong? How did Randy/Mona "invite him to the table"...did they look at him as a partner that had something to contribute? or did they treat him as Art described? If they were rude or accusatory, I don't blame Graeme for being hesitant to participate in the PNW4WDA. <---- that was actually my original question before you jumped in.

I'm not the enemy.
Yes. Why is it ok for you to be blunt but when I am I'm stomping my feet simply for stating the facts you like to talk about all of these changes and opportunities that were missing but what are you doing to intact them other that typing on here ? Maybe if more of our members actually defended our org then we wouldn't have to defend it so much.

Last edited by jim putman; 12-08-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:26 AM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Yes. Why is it ok for you to be blunt, but when I am I'm stomping my feet simply for stating the facts you like to talk about all of these changes and opportunities that were missing but what are you doing to intact them other that typing on here ? Maybe if more of our members actually defended our org then WD wouldn't have to defend it so much.
I know I am blunt, direct & ask a lot of questions...I'm not good at compliments. I'd make a crappy politician. Which is exactly why you see Byron Stuck representing WOHVA at public meetings and I'm in the background helping to make sure things run smoothly. I'm a process improvement guy.

I don't have a leadership position within the PNW4WDA. I'm just a member asking questions. As an elected official, I don't think you have the same luxury to say whatever you want. I have a "LOST RIGHTS" document at work I'll post later that speaks about all the things a leader gives up when they take the position...the right to get mad & the right to look the other way are a couple that I can recall right now.

Not once did I say the PNW4WDA sucks. I'm here trying to make it better...just like you.