Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association  

Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Your Regional Forums > Region Four > Meeting Minutes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-15-2018, 10:03 AM
raspberry's Avatar
raspberry raspberry is offline
BOD
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kenewick
Posts: 241
Default Region 4 minutes March 13, 2018

REGION 4 MINUTES
MARCH 13, 2018
Pasco, WA

Director Earl Nettnin (Desert Rats) called the meeting to order at 7:35 PM. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited and a moment of silence for the sick and departed was observed.

GUESTS: none.

MINUTES: A correction to the last month's minutes – the date of the Juniper Dunes ride along with the members of BLM (Bureau of Land Management) out of Spokane should have been March 21st not May 21st. A motion was made by Ed Massey (Columbia Basin Sand Commandos) seconded by Gary Harting (Desert Rats) that we approve the February minutes as corrected; motion carried.

TREASURER'S REPORT was given by Sande Nettnin (Desert Rats), we have no outstanding bills.

COMP: A race is scheduled for May 12 & 13 at the Pomeroy Memorial Motocross Track in Tieton, WA watch for more information.

MEMBERSHIP: The SOP's are being revised, several things need to be updated. Also clubs need to be sure that their contact name, address and phone numbers are current on the Web site in the membership area. If you have troubled with this contact the Web Master and he will assist you.

CLUB POWER/WE DID IT: Chairman Gary Harting (Desert Rats) said he sends the PNW We Did It/Club Power and Quill Power Chairman paper work for all events and letters submitted to him. Names were drawn at Winter Convention for awards of $50, $75, and $100. This year all three were from Region 4. They were $50 to Steve Richards (Tri-Cities Peak Putters), $75 to Sande Nettnin (Desert Rats) and $100 to Hannah Ingalls (Columbia Basin Sand Commandos). Gary said last year the number of volunteer hours were 3,040 and the volunteer miles were 16,389. Be sure to turn in paper work to Gary. Kathy Greenwood (Offroad Animals) is still the PNW's contact person until a replacement is found. At the Board meeting we were asked to update the list of on going projects that had been previously approved. We need to remove from Region 4 – Jim Sprick Park Clean-up. We need to ask the Board to approve the Juniper Dunes Clean-up.

JR. JEEPERS: We still need someone to take this on. If interested contact Sande Nettnin 783-6481.

PUAM: This year's dates are September 14-16, 2018. A check for seed money was sent to Alicia Palachuk (Shindig Wheelers) and she has received it. This will be our 10th year. Watch for more information as to what kind of help is needed.

TRAIL JAMBOREE: This year's dates are July 4-8. Registration for participants opened March 1st. If your club wants to host get a hold of Adrian and Melissa Valliere. Hosts can start signing up March 15th. There will be a host teleconference meeting sometime in April. They need help with Food, Tech, Trail Hosts, Camp Hosts, Entertainment, Front Gate, and Ladies Run. Fees are the same as last year. Duane Klusman (El Dorado Dust Devils) is in charge of the Trail Hosts, if your club would like to be a trail host please contact him 253 226-5354,
he would like to have at least one more host club.

PR: Chairman Jim Hall (Jeepin' Nomads) will send out information on activities and land matters, etc. If you have something you want sent out, contact Jim at his email jimh@fairpoint.net; or cell phone 509-969-9905 or his home phone 509-697-8724. We have a new person on the PNW Board in charge of PR her name is Diana Stafford (Cascade 4X4, Overbored Racing and County Line Offroad). The PNW Board is working on updating our Tri-Fold and Who and What We Are publications. We have been asked to update our list of people/agencies we had on the list to get the Tri-Power. Earl will take care of this.


LAND MATTERS
TRAVEL MANAGEMENT PLAN – still on hold, a work in progress.

LITTLE CROW: (Ron Rutherford, Jeepin' Nomads; sits on the steering committee) Meetings continue, and the committee is moving along making some decisions and recommendations. The hold up on this, is the size and age of trees to be cut. Trees 80 – 90 years old can't be cut because someone back in Washington D.C. many years ago decided the northwest needed to keep all those old growth trees. New trail signs are being made and will be put up soon.

TRAIL PARTNERS continue to meet to discuss projects that need to be done. When we get the list of projects that will be worked on, we will publish it.

TAPASH has scheduled a meeting in Ellensburg on May 15th. Ron Rutherford and/or Mike VanAmburg will have a presentation on motorized. More information as to time and place will be coming.

TWIG (Trails Wilderness Interest Group) met March 6, 2018. Cameras had been put out to gather data on the Red Fox, Wolverines and coyotes also a device to gather DNA from them. They wanted to gather information on them as to where they lived etc. Not sure what they are going to do with the information. Logging on the 1601 should be finished by the end of June. The Dry and Glass timber sale is supposed to be done by July. The Naches District is putting in place something called HEM (Human Ecology Mapping). It's a program to gather information on where you recreate, where you are from, what's your favorite place etc. They discussed fixing the slide areas on the 1502, 1500 and 1000 roads. The BAER (Burn Area Emergency Response) will be getting $227,956 to repair the wilderness area.

GRANT MONEY – comes from gas tax and ATV stickers. Yakima County has put in for a grant to widen the county road from Goose Prairie to the Bumping Dam.

Blue Mountain Forest Plan is still a work in progress. It was supposed to be done in the fall of 2017.

JUNIPER DUNES: nothing new to report at this time. A field trip with Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is planned to show them the fence line along the wilderness and other things on March 21st. John Thompson and Dave Linten (Midnite Mudders) and some others of their club long with Earl Nettnin and Doug Conner will be among the group taking them around.

SWAUK PINE – nothing to report.

Milk Creek Re-Route – The plan is to get in there and do some work on it this year. We have to wait until the snow melts. We can't get in to take look until after June 15th.

NEWS RELEASE – The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) along with the Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will host a public meeting on Thursday, March 22 in Selah, WA to discuss changes to the “Green Dot” road management in south central Washington. The meeting will take place in the Senior Room of the Selah Civic Center, 216 South First Street and will run from 6 to 8 PM. If you have any questions contact Ross Huffman (WDFW) at 509 457-9313 or Joe Smith (DNR) 509-925-8510. Ron Rutherford plans to attend.

Nominations are being accepted until April 6, 2018 for a recreational trails program achievement award. So if you need an application form contact Earl Nettnin.

Ahtanum Short Cut - now known as North Fork Short Cut is complete and we will have a dedication of the trail May 12th . More information will be coming.

OLD BUSINESS
CABELA'S SHOW AND SHINE OR MEET & GREET - March 24th from 11 AM – 3 PM at Cabela's in Union Gap. We will have a table there to hand out PNW information. John Thompson volunteered his daughter Tori to help man the table.
NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act) every project has to go through NEPA or an environmental analysis.
This program is being changed again.

NEW BUSINESS
WOHVA has put out their March 2018 newsletter that contains the 2018 Legislative Session update.

April 21st is the Moses Lake Sand Dunes cleanup hosted by the Columbia Basin Sand Commandos.

CLUB REPORTS
Midnite Mudders – John Thompson said he and daughter Tori went to Winter Convention and had a good time.
John said some of their club attended the Moonshiners Swap meet March 11, 2018 in Puyallup WOW! John said his club is interested in helping to host a winter convention, Ed Massey said their club would help too. However, since no bids were presented at Winter Convention it falls upon the PNW Board of Directors to handle it. More information will be coming on it. John said he's been thinking about doing a Jeep Long Beach thing at Shore Patrol and he has talked to PNW President Angie Marek (Spanaway Moonhiners) as well as the mayor of Long Beach and they are in favor of it. John will also talk with WA State Executive Director Arlene Brooks (PNW Individual Members Club) to get her ideas on how to get vendors involved etc. John is confident this will get off the ground this year, it might not be very big but it will happen and grow from there.

Roamin' Chariots – Doug Conner said he is looking forward to camping.

Columbia Basin Sand Commandos - Ed Massey reported one of their members had a booth at the Moonshiners Swap meet, Ed didn't go. They are getting ready for the Memorial Day Cleanup at Liberty. Lee Creiglow didn't go on the BAJA race in Mexico,he is going to tear down his house and build a new one.

Desert Rats – have 2 new family members. Some went to Winter Convention. They are having a club Tech Inspection Saturday March 17th. They plan to attend the Cabela's show and shine. Some will participate in the Juniper Dunes clean-up April 14th.

Good of the order
Ed and Char Massey's grandson is getting out of the Marines March 30th. Char's mother will be 92.

Next two Region 4 meeting dates will be:
April 10, 2018 at Time Out Pizza 1095 Basin Street SW, Ephrata, WA 7:30 PM
May 8, 2018 at Magic's Pizza 309 South First, Selah, WA 7:30 PM

FUTURE EVENTS/WORK PARTIES
March 24 Cabela's show & shine in Union Gap. 11-3

April 21, 2018 Moses Lake Sand Dunes – Cleanup 9 AM to ??

April 28, 2018 Selah Meet & Greet sponsored by Eastern WA Adventures 1 – 4 PM at
3250 Selah Loop Rd, Selah, WA contact person Clay Graham 509-698-4244

May 12, 2018 11 AM dedication and viewing of the Ahtanum Short Cut now known as the North Fork Short cut - meet at the Ahtanum Snow Park.

Hearing no more business the meeting adjourned at 9:05 PM

Respectfully Submitted


Sande Nettnin,
Region 4 Secretary/Treasurer
__________________
Sande Nettnin
PNW4WDA Secretary
Region 4 Secretary/Treasurer
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.