Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association  

Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Camp Fire Chat

Camp Fire Chat Pull up a chair sit down and talk

Old 08-04-2015, 06:25 AM
Cherokee Master

Default Active Forum Membership

I have been keeping an eye on the forum membership lately and watched it dropping as folks drop past the time frame for active use. Sad.........down to 28 today.

The membership and delegates keep hammering the BOD for more capability on the website, and it appears it is not being used. There are still some of us who aren't on facebook, twitter and God knows what else, and who have no intention of ever being on those. I come over here daily and find this forum rather depressing and getting worse, by it's lack of use.

It is to the point that the PNW could probably save quite a bit of money by just getting rid of it completely since it is not being used and seems to have outlived it's usefulness.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV/Recreation Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

Pres.- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 08-04-2015, 02:00 PM

Well, there's an understatement...

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 08-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Friends

I guess I am a day late and a dollar short.

There is a lot of good information on this site and being a new (newest) member I would hate to see it go away.

Has there been any attempts to promote the site this year? Sometimes it takes some new blood to get things going again. I'll poke around and see if it is just a lack of interest by the members or lack of new posts that is the problem. My other board of over ten years is still going strong but it is a slightly different, although related, topic.

Feel free to let me know what you think.

John
Old 08-05-2015, 06:32 AM
Cherokee Master

I don't disagree that it gets lots of views, there are always 30 or more "guests" browsing. The membership does not do much with it.

The delegates have always hammered the BOD to make more use of it, and some have, most have not.

I am on other forums, some on vehicles, wheeling and other forms of recreation, and virtually all of them are way more active than this one. One went from screen names to real name, and it is slow, but even it is way more active than this.

It seems that other than a few diehards in the membership, most of them appear to be getting more apathetic as time goes by.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Old 08-05-2015, 02:42 PM

Geez I hate this! As long as we have the same small group running everything, this forum won't grow. Association management is stuck in the old ways, and attempts I've seen haven't had any affect at blowing them into the 21st century. As has been said by many before, including me, Art, and too many others, we're missing a bet with this forum, and Facebook. Most of my club don't even bother checking here anymore because it's a waste of time. No run reports, activity announcements for small gatherings, and, most important to me at the moment, **** little on land use and access issues! Just wow! We are in a fight for our lives, and it's like no one is paying attention I think I can mane on the fingers of one hand the folks on here I have regular contact with in one form or another on use issues. Pretty annoying...So, now that I've said enough to likely ruffle the feathers of some of the xenophobes on here, I'll go back to the rabble rousing I've been doing on behalf of an activity I love, like getting ecos ticked off at me for confusing them with facts and banning me from their pages, sending e-mails, making phone calls, working with BRC, and getting my Congressman off dead center and having his staff go to meetings with me. I love that stuff...

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 08-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Geez I hate this! As long as we have the same small group running everything, this forum won't grow. Association management is stuck in the old ways, and attempts I've seen haven't had any affect at blowing them into the 21st century. As has been said by many before, including me, Art, and too many others, we're missing a bet with this forum, and Facebook.
Many years ago on the old forum. Exactly what is happening was forecast/predicted. It took a little longer than predicted. And most likely the problems spoken of had only a small part in that demise. Those folks are long gone having exhausted themselves trying to pull the association to better serve it's self. There was also another prediction.............................
Old 08-06-2015, 12:58 AM

And here are, proving the point. Where's all the defenders of association honor? Oh, I forgot, most of 'em aren't "connected"...

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 08-16-2015, 07:05 PM
The One that Screws it up

Yup the old Forums are just collecting dust. My own club has migrated to Facebook and our forum is all jacked up but from time to time I try and get on there and work on removing the Garbage and try and clean it up... Oh well ...... I still say Forums are the best way for build threads and information gathering....
President DogpoundOffroad
Old 08-22-2018, 07:40 AM
Cherokee Master

With Arlene's passing, this forum as a venue for BOD members to pass on information might as well be taken off line and disposed of. No other BOD member puts up worthwhile information on what matters most.

Down to 8 active members, and she was one of them.

And most telling, no one on the BOD could be bothered to post up a notice here of either her passing or Bob's. I had no idea that he had passed on. That has to be the saddest part of the whole thing.

Heard from a friend that it made Facebook, but not everyone wants or needs to be on that or Twitter or other venue.

Last edited by Art Waugh; 08-28-2018 at 02:06 PM. Reason: correct number of active members
Old 09-07-2018, 07:11 AM
Friends

It's just part of evolution. Were past smoke signals, telegrams, I haven't had a land line phone for over 10 years. Forums and discussion boards are done. There are closed group options on Facebook, it's not bad once you get used to it. I resisted for a long time but soon felt like you, I was the last one on the boards.

Heck, I googled telegram and apparently it's a cloud based messaging system! Who knew!