Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association  

Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Old 11-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Friends

Default Fight Tooth and Nail

“Fight Tooth and Nail” tells the tale for me and a lot of other folks in the land use, off-road, backcountry world.

Kurt Schneider, Land Use Editor for CRAWL Magazine won a caption contest hosted by Krawlzone TV with this cool saying and it is worth sharing and passing around. KrawlzoneTV (http://www.krawlzone.tv/) is fully on our land use team and I hope you’ll pay them a visit and support their work as well.

I’m a full time Sharetrails/BRC guy, but I also fully and completely support my State Association. I hope you will do the same with this – encourage folks to join and support everything they can afford to, starting with national and regional group along with State and local clubs/associations. The more the merrier.

Del
Old 11-18-2015, 09:52 AM

Pay attention people! This is one of the folks truly leading the charge, and I for one am proud to be a member of BRC, and have access to them as a resource...

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 11-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Cherokee Master

Too bad Del is preaching to the choir...it is the users that don't belong to any organized club or group thatneed to be reached, along with "Bubba" that just doesn't give a d*** and tears everything up and the problem there is you will never reach bubba and get him to understand the problems he causes. As for the rest of them, they won't do anything because they are looking at it through rose colored shades and see unlimited public land to run and they won't believe that it is going away faster than anyone imagines.........

Just look at Quack Attack and when the club is up doing work on it, and bubba and other users are yelling at the club to get out of the way so they can tear it up, and no offer to help.........

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV/Recreation Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

Pres.- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 11-19-2015, 12:07 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Waugh View Post
Just look at Quack Attack and when the club is up doing work on it, and bubba and other users are yelling at the club to get out of the way so they can tear it up, and no offer to help.........
Not knowing any details on this situation...I would ask what the Deschutes County 4 Wheelers are doing to reach out to those users? How are they making them feel welcomed? In what ways have they listened to those users and tried to incorporate those ideas/desires into the long term plan? If it's a big tire vs small tire debate...everyone should have a seat at the table. If you don't include everyone, they just might drive past you on the trail.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:00 AM
Cherokee Master

I won't get too deep, (that is for those that have encountered the problem) but from what I have understood, the club tried talking to them (this has happened more than once) and invited them to join, help, whatever, and got exactly nowhere, and then they proceeded to tear up what was just fixed. As I understand right now the future of that trail is still up in the air because of "bubba" damage to the resource.

Sometimes the only fix for bubba is a healthy application of an oak 2x4....................or a $10,000 fine, a year in the clink, and forfiture of the vehicles involved.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV/Recreation Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

Pres.- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 11-21-2015, 10:27 AM

Deschutes County 4 Wheeler's welcomes all off highway vehicle recreationalists to the powwow on access on public lands. Perhaps you can discern for yourself our motives.

https://www.facebook.com/dc4ws/

Please concern yourselves productively: access your local agencies and direct their motives as you comment to them in writing asking for continued access on our public lands.

Thank you and God Speed in your journey

Deschutes County 4 Wheeler
(Trails Development Committee)
Harney County High Desert Wheeler
Region 6 PNW4WDA Secretary
BlueRibbon Coalition Board Memeber

Last edited by just duckie; 11-21-2015 at 10:28 AM. Reason: no longer am i region 6 secretary or on the SEORAC
Old 11-21-2015, 11:00 AM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by just duckie View Post
Deschutes County 4 Wheeler's welcomes all off highway vehicle recreationalists to the powwow on access on public lands. Perhaps you can discern for yourself our motives.

https://www.facebook.com/dc4ws/

Please concern yourselves productively: access your local agencies and direct their motives as you comment to them in writing asking for continued access on our public lands.

Thank you and God Speed in your journey
Thanks Mona...do you have any details you want to share on the situation Art brought up? Is your club running into issues with other users on the Quack Attack/HooDoo? I'd still like to hear how your club would address my questions below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Not knowing any details on this situation...I would ask what the Deschutes County 4 Wheelers are doing to reach out to those users? How are they making them feel welcomed? In what ways have they listened to those users and tried to incorporate those ideas/desires into the long term plan? If it's a big tire vs small tire debate...everyone should have a seat at the table.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:33 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by just duckie View Post
Perhaps you can discern for yourself our motives.
I was hoping you could help paint the picture for me.

Last edited by dirk; 11-29-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Washington State Director

Everyone did have a seat at the table Bryan. but as usual only the workers showed up did all of the legwork then did all of the ground work then watched in horror as a small army of "users" tore the living crap out of their hard work making the trail all but impassable for the "average" user (you know the ones that did all of the work) Monas to nice to say it so I did
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Old 12-05-2015, 07:10 PM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
Everyone did have a seat at the table Bryan. but as usual only the workers showed up did all of the legwork then did all of the ground work then watched in horror as a small army of "users" tore the living crap out of their hard work making the trail all but impassable for the "average" user (you know the ones that did all of the work) Monas to nice to say it so I did
So...what are they doing to bring these users into the conversation? The trail is for everyone....so just because the DC4W likes it a certain way, doesn't mean that is how the trail should be managed. If there are folks out there that want something else, we should be actively trying to get them involved. Not just saying they had an opportunity to be at the table. That approach is BS and just builds resentment.

Please take my comments with a grain of salt...I've never run the trail, but hope to soon. Everything I've read online says that the trail is finally getting worn in and fun. But then I read comments from DC4W that say it's torn to ****. I'm not sure who to believe, but I vote for the version that is more challenging and fun.

I know that Graeme Tydeman from G-Fab is involved down there, but not as part of the PNW4WDA....not sure if he is viewed as a partner or the enemy....but I would strongly recommend that he and his crew be listened to and considered a valid partner. He represents my interests in what a fun trail looks like and I know that there are a bunch of users all over WA & OR that feel the same.