Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association  

Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Old 12-08-2015, 07:44 AM
that WOHVA guy

I guess I was trying to be the cat...

If no one changes, how are we going to move the association forward?
Old 12-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Washington State Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
I know I am blunt, direct & ask a lot of questions...I'm not good at compliments. I'd make a crappy politician. Which is exactly why you see Byron Stuck representing WOHVA at public meetings and I'm in the background helping to make sure things run smoothly. I'm a process improvement guy.

I don't have a leadership position within the PNW4WDA. I'm just a member asking questions. As an elected official, I don't think you have the same luxury to say whatever you want. I have a "LOST RIGHTS" document at work I'll post later that speaks about all the things a leader gives up when they take the position...the right to get mad & the right to look the other way are a couple that I can recall right now.

Not once did I say the PNW4WDA sucks. I'm here trying to make it better...just like you.
Then step up and take on a leadership role. I have had many over the years and yes you lose a little but gain even more. You shouldn't complain about the dirty sink unless you agree to help clean it. I believe the PR position for the PNW4WDA is open.
Member #40 Hombres jeep club
Region 2 landmatters chairman
Old 12-08-2015, 08:13 AM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim putman View Post
Then step up and take on a leadership role. I have had many over the years and yes you lose a little but gain even more. You shouldn't complain about the dirty sink unless you agree to help clean it. I believe the PR position for the PNW4WDA is open.
I like Nichol's PR/marketing idea, but I think she meant we need a professional...someone with some training...an intern maybe? Or hire someone?

I've thought about doing more within the PNW4WDA, but I'm not sure my efforts would be well received with the current leadership. I would want there to be open dialogue about how to improve the association without folks feeling attacked or getting their feelings hurt. I haven't figured out how to do that yet...and maybe I'm not the one to do it? I don't want to step up and run into a brick wall....I don't need that kind of negativity in my life

I'm happy volunteering as a WOHVA board member for now.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Cherokee Master

Graeme and his crew would be an excellent asset to the organization. He wants to be involved with OHV advocacy and trail maintenance, but somewhere along the way the DC4W crew has not made him feel welcome. Where did things go wrong? How did Randy/Mona "invite him to the table"...did they look at him as a partner that had something to contribute? or did they treat him as Art described? If they were rude or accusatory, I don't blame Graeme for being hesitant to participate in the PNW4WDA. <---- that was actually my original question before you jumped in.

I would be interested in learning more of this from his point of view, but that is not a point for this topic at this time and on this thread. Since I have not been at any of the work parties or runs on QA, I can't say firsthand what the interaction has been. What I've been told, and what has been said to others, DC4 is being as nice as possible in explaining what we do and what we work for in inviting the "bubba's" of the world to join and work together, and when they get nowhere with them, they move aside, let them go on their way and then try to repair the damage.

Randy and Mona really try to work with people and we have had our differences, but each of us are still working toward the common good in our own ways. Their idea of a "good" trail is a little more extreme than mine, but we need both. My personal choice of rig is not built enough to handle the trails they really want to build, but I respect what they want for opportunity.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV/Recreation Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

Pres.- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 12-08-2015, 09:44 AM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Waugh View Post
I would be interested in learning more of this from his point of view, but that is not a point for this topic at this time and on this thread.
You took this thread off topic in the 3rd post...

Quote:
Just look at Quack Attack and when the club is up doing work on it, and bubba and other users are yelling at the club to get out of the way so they can tear it up, and no offer to help.........
...I think we are OK to discuss. However, I don't think Graeme is on this forum. I did send him a link & he's read the thread.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Cherokee Master

How does naming one trail and the issues going on with it and what a club is doing to try and keep it open take the thread off topic?????????? That is part of fighting to get and keep trails.

If G won't come to the table with issues, then that is going to be his and his groups problem. Until we know the issue between parties, then we can't try and resolve them.

Like I said before, if they won't come to the table and work with existing organizations to get and keep trails, and do the maint. work on them, I won't put out the munchies.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Old 12-08-2015, 10:22 AM
that WOHVA guy

I'm confused...I think it's ok to discuss all of this right here, but your post sounded like you thought the Quack Attack/HooDoo stuff was off topic? Maybe I mis-read?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Cherokee Master

My interest in G's issues is to foster some kind of conversation and get it ironed out, and that is why I said it is for a different venue, just not here. I would be pretty sure that DC4 would be a willing participent if there is any kind of issue or misunderstanding. Then both parties can get back to working together for the common good.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:54 AM
that WOHVA guy

Quote:
My interest in G's issues is to foster some kind of conversation and get it ironed out, and that is why I said it is for a different venue, just not here. I would be pretty sure that DC4 would be a willing participent if there is any kind of issue or misunderstanding.
Copy that...would be nice to clear the air and get everyone working together.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:03 PM
rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
I like Nichol's PR/marketing idea, but I think she meant we need a professional...someone with some training...an intern maybe? Or hire someone?
I would love to volunteer but I travel almost 30% of the year for my day time job and already am an officer in one of the two clubs I belong to.

It would behoove the Association to hire a consultant for this. There are so many different types of people that "wheel", there's got to be a way to appeal to all of us