Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association  

Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Old 11-20-2015, 08:24 PM
Friends

Default Greenwater, WA forest service roads at risk of being closed for good

Hey there everyone, I'm a newbie here to this forum but I really wanted to spread the word about what the National Forest Service is proposing to do with some or all of our roads near Greenwater Washington. This includes FS road 70 which leads to the west side of the Naches Trail. The F.S. is playing the "too many roads, not enough money game" and rather than keep the roads open they are proposing to lock up nearly 200 MILES of public roads! We really need every voice we can get to shout **** NO to this! I live in Enumclaw WA and it takes me around 15 minutes to be on the nearest F.S. road heading up to enjoy OUR beautiful PUBLIC LAND! I know that the salmon are important but locking out everyone is not the best way to save the fish!! Please go to www.fs.usda.gov/goto/mbs/projects and click on the Greenwater ATM project on the list to read about the entire project. There is an open comment period happening only until Nov. 30 so everyone's opinion is important!!
Thanks so much everyone!