Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Wheeling > Land Matters Discussion Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Land Matters Discussion Area Discussion Relating to Your Land/Legislative Issues

Old 01-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Cherokee Master

This time of year is a little slow as far as issues coming out, along with the holidays. I will take a wait and see position, but based on past history........well wait and see til around April or May

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV/Recreation Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

Pres.- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 01-06-2016, 09:17 PM
that WOHVA guy

Did we lose Adrian?
Old 01-11-2016, 12:45 PM
that WOHVA guy

Old 01-14-2016, 07:47 AM
Friends

Default Gettin' Healthy Sometimes Means a little Bleedin'

I sure never expected my little post to cause 15 forum pages of discussion; but it sure looks like this needed to take place. And yea, my "subject line" is what I'm about here -- sometimes we have to bleed before we can get well. I assure you from my national level perspective, that PNW is not the only group/organization that has gone thru this type of "growth."

But I could not agree more with the posts about ATTACK THE PROBLEMS, not the people. On the other hand....wait for it....if there is someone who is so destructive to the organization that they can't be saved (after repeated attempts by several people), then I don't hesitate to suggest to them to find some other venue for their attitude/behavior.

The KEY is for everyone in PNW to work towards improving communications, hopefully without beating up someone who is just a volunteer trying what they think is the right thing to do. But remember too, that Board members and officers are like elected politicians -- if they don't hear (constructively) from their constituents, how on earth can they fulfill expectations of the group?

Me being an old Army guy, I often equate our land use battles to real war....if the enemy can find a weak point in our defense (for example our own bickering and splintering of resources), then they will attack with vigor and put us and our junk parked in our garages.

We must find ways to work towards better communications and organizational development, without trashing those who try to step up. And on the same token, those at the helm must find ways to ensure the "word" is getting out they way they would like to hear it if they were still in the trenches. Make sense?
Del
Old 01-14-2016, 01:15 PM
Cherokee Master

I agree with you, but this is an ongoing battle for more years than I care to count anymore. The powers to be in the PNW won't change and no one runs against them. I have just about given up on getting any worthwhile change, and will keep on doing what I am doing to keep what we have and get some more opportunities.

And before anyone says jump up and run, I've been there, done that, got burned out, stomped on, and won't ever do it again. You will find most past officers in the PNW fade away fairly fast after they leave office. As to if it is due to burn out or just fed up, anybodys guess is as good as mine. I have 5 other past Region Directors and/or State Directors, or Membership (when it was elected) besides myself in the club (out of 7 total people), and not a one will ever run again. We work for the sport in our own way.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Last edited by Art Waugh; 01-15-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:13 AM
that WOHVA guy

My TriPower showed up on 01/14 and I was finally able to read the BOD meeting minutes from 12/05....very detailed info, but not what I would call real time information
Old 01-23-2016, 01:01 PM
mtn4wheeler

I'm not sure why we cant post up the PNW Board meeting minutes here on the forum? This would be a great thing to bring up at Winter Convention and would be one step in the right direction to get info out in a timely fashion.

Vancouver 4 Wheelers Vice President and Treasurer

Proud PNW4WDA member since birth (40 years)
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 tow rig
1946 CJ-2A trail Jeep
1946 CJ-2A race Jeep
Comp #3500
1976 CJ-5 Hunting Jeep/ Daily driver

1-360-600-5300

www.vancouver4wheelers.net
Old 01-24-2016, 10:14 AM
Cherokee Master

Delegates Meeting and BOD Minutes should be posted up, either in the public area or the members section. All it would take is the Webmaster setting up a page for them. I'm sure the Secretary would cut and paste them since they are already in a word format for Tri-Power. Would suggest a read only format.

Good idea Marty.

But since we only have two Delegates and three BOD meetings a year, that does not solve the problem of getting the BOD AND members to get info on here as soon as it comes out so we can act on it before closing dates, especially federal projects, ie: CE's, EA's, EIS's.