Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Questions Concerns Comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Questions Concerns Comments belong here

Old 12-03-2016, 08:43 AM
mtn4wheeler

Art,

I'm sorry for your lack of INFO with Tripower. With Ron getting sick and then him passing away it has been a huge thing. When he first got ill the BOD was working to figure out a way to get it out.

The program that he used is a massive nightmare to learn and operate. We have only had one member that was willing to step up and try to help. He is a very computer savvy guy and has spent more hours than he is willing to say to get it out. The whole paper had to be recreated because we didn't have the last issue to work from. Then when he had it done and sent it to the printer it came back with formatting and layering issues. With some more time he should have it fixed and back to the printers.

The guy working on Tripower now, has said many times he has no idea how Ron had time to run a business and do Tripower. It is a HUGE amount of time being the editor.

With that said, I have a proposal that i will be bringing to the December BOD meeting today to help fix Tripower and get it back into the hands of our members and businesses.

I will post up what comes from the meeting and let you know.

Vancouver 4 Wheelers Vice President and Treasurer

Proud PNW4WDA member since birth (40 years)
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 tow rig
1946 CJ-2A trail Jeep
1946 CJ-2A race Jeep
Comp #3500
1976 CJ-5 Hunting Jeep/ Daily driver

1-360-600-5300

www.vancouver4wheelers.net
Old 12-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Cherokee Master

Thank you sir, appreciate it.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV/Recreation Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

Pres.- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 01-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Cherokee Master

We are now a month and a half after the BOD meeting, and still no word on TriPower. This BOD has failed miserably on keeping the membership informed on issues facing our form of recreation. I for one, rely on this forum and the TriPower to know what is going on in a timely matter. I'm sure there are many others in the same shoes. The BOD should have taken care of this months ago, and in reality is not keeping the faith with the membership or our Associate Members. Their ads in TriPower are an integerial part of the Associate dues they pay. I'm sure we will probalbly lose some of them in the end. It is also a large part of the educational requirement we should be fulfilling as part of our incorperation and non-profit status.

The lack of information from the state directors is absurd, and what is reported is either from a region perspective, a travel log or nothing at all.
There are only 3-4 members reporting ANY land use issues on this forum, and even less information coming from anyone. Region 3 and 4 are the only regions regulary posting minutes.

IMO, it is time for a complete house cleaning. This Association has, in all sense and effect, ceased to function. If the membership does not step up and recognize what is going on, I think this organization is finally on the way out.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Old 01-21-2017, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

I got my January Tri Power in the mail today.
Countyline Offroaders
Region 2 Membership
Real Deal Doe Run Member
Old 01-21-2017, 07:36 PM
Cherokee Master

Diana - Thanks for putting that up here.....I hope it contains at least some useful information. Will be looking for it to arrive.

But that does not help with the inaction of the BOD on this forum. I guess nothing will ever solve that problem, except having them gone and new people that take the position seriously instead of just a "status" symbol. All we get is the sound of wind whistling through the bare bones of that dead horse. When membership goes in the toilet, those same people just shake their heads, and wonder what happened. I remember when we had over 300 clubs, and a lot of respect.......not so much now it seems.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:14 PM
Cherokee Master

Got it last night, Thanks to Kyle for getting it out. Good to see it again.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:40 AM
Cherokee Master

In the current issue of TriPower our President has asked for constructive ideas. Well here we go, without leadership from the top down, this organization will not go anywhere. Likewise, the membership needs to let those in leadership know what we want and need to further the recreation form.

1. For starters, State Directors are required to have monthly reports in the paper, where are they? We need timely information to be able to help and be proactive to not only keep what we have, but get some back. No information coming down means inaction until it is too late. Members also have to pass anything they find up the chain, so it can get out to a wider audience.

2. While monthly reports are a starting point, timely information also needs to be put on ALL forms of communication, and that means not just Facebook (some of us don't have anything to do with it), but here as well. Just a report in the paper can be, and mostly is, outdated by the time it is submitted, printed and gets to the members. Again, the recreation form loses out. It has been OVER two years since anything has been put on the members only land/legislative page...WHY?

3. That type of information should also be coming from contact with other like groups and organizations. It needs to be here as well, not just distributed to the BOD, where it often goes nowhere and languishes until no longer relevant. The question at the end of #2 is relevant here as well.

The officers of this Association have to take the lead, and there has been none of that shown here. When is it going to change? Soon, I would hope, but I doubt anything will change. It is past time for those in leadership positions to fullfill the job they have taken on.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:57 AM

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 06-25-2017, 05:23 PM
Cherokee Master

Well, here we are going on 3 months since the above.......still nothing from the State Directors or IAD's on land isses has been posted, either here or in Tri-Power.

It is plain to see that the officers and BOD of this Association just flat don't care.

Also quite evident, is that the membership isn't much interested either, as they have let it continue in that vein. A general house cleaning is in order, but the members and delegates seem not to care. They won't even raise a stink to make the officers follow the By-Laws and SOP's, so it continues to head downhill at somewhere around mach 2.5.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:53 PM

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing