Go Back   Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association > Around the Camp Fire > Questions Concerns Comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Questions Concerns Comments belong here

Old 08-24-2017, 12:39 PM
Cherokee Master

Default Topic for Fall Delegates Meeting

Since we have not had any information coming down from the State Directors for, in some cases, over two years, it is time for the delegates and members to hold the officer's feet to the fire.

They are not fulfilling the requirements in the By-Laws or the SOP's. But I guess those two documents that are supposed to drive the PNW are only suggestions to be followed whenever the whim strikes.

Since I won't be able to attend the Delegates meeting due to another commitment, I would hope that someone brings this up for discussion and action. We are losing ground on a daily basis, and it seems that inaction by Officers and the BOD is now standard practice. Time is past for either action or change.

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Only 31's, but can drag self with either rig

BLM John Day/Snake RAC-OHV/Recreation Representative

Wolfpack 4x4's - Region 5 - "Cave Lupum"

Pres.- Outcast Land Use Review Team
Old 08-27-2017, 02:32 PM

Well, there ya go...

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 08-29-2017, 01:01 PM

stag·nant
ˈstaɡnənt/Submit
adjective
(of a body of water or the atmosphere of a confined space) having no current or flow and often having an unpleasant smell as a consequence.
"a stagnant ditch"
synonyms: still, motionless, static, stationary, standing, dead, slack; More
showing no activity; dull and sluggish.
"a stagnant economy"
synonyms: inactive, sluggish, slow-moving, lethargic, static, flat, depressed, declining, moribund, dying, dead, dormant
"a stagnant economy"

www.peakputters.com

It's a Scout thing
Old 08-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Cherokee Master

Another more to the point synonym: PNW4WDA

I wonder why I should bust my butt to get information, fight to keep trails open (both individually and as a RAC member), and get new ones (as in the new Ochoco Trail System), when the officers of this Association either can't or won't do the jobs they took on.

I guess I'm doing it for my own greedy self, too bad I have to share what I get or keep with a bunch of lazy, do nothing people. I'd rather share it with non-members at this point.

I get more information from non-members and the BLM/USFS than I get from the PNW. Can anyone point out what is wrong with that picture?

1988 Cherokee 4 door, 3" Rancho lift, custom sliders/steps, custom roof rack, custom camo paint, custom camo headliner, custom bumpers and Warn 9500 HS, 31-10.50's

Last edited by Art Waugh; 08-29-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:42 PM
countylineoffroaders..com

Default My Retort to you Mr.Waugh...

"too bad I have to share what I get or keep with a bunch of lazy, do nothing people. I'd rather share it with non-members at this point"-Art Waugh/Wolfpack

First off, I just love your no-nonsense way of getting your thoughts out to the interwebs...bravo. (please read this aloud in the most sarcastic tone you can muster, I'm sure you can do it)

Secondly, why don't you find ways of helping the situation rather than typing your gripes on here?? Why don't you step up if you think the Board members are, as you so eloquently posted, "a bunch of lazy, do nothing people." You're a smart guy right? You know what needs to be done and what problems we, as an association, are up against. Take your moaning and complaining and use it for the betterment of our organization. OR...keep staying on the "Dark Side" and keep complaining. That'll help our groups! (once again, insert sarcastic tone)

I know there are many MANY battles that need to be fought. I also know that the Board knows what needs to happen. What we really NEED is people to step up from their little computer screens and help out instead of typing on their little laptops about how much the Board sucks. This is all volunteer, if you recall. Many of the Board members are hard working individuals that work a very full week. We, as an association, also know that there's many positions that need to be filled but we can't FORCE people to fill them because, as I reminded you before, this is all volunteer.

So my question to you Mr. Waugh, is why don't you volunteer to be on the Board if you feel that they are doing such a horrendous job. Rather than being negative, do something about it!

Respectfully-
Tiffany Morris
Countyline Offroaders/Secretary-Region 2
Outdoor 4x4's-Region 1
Old 08-30-2017, 01:31 PM
Cherokee Master

As I have stated many times before in other threads, I've "been there, done that", and will NEVER,EVER do it again. So don't bother wasting time harping on me to "step up"

What I, and many other members want is for the BOD members and directors that are NOT doing the jobs they VOLUNTEERED to, is to either get off their butts and do it, or resign and step down. When I found I was unable to continue to fulfill the duties of the office I had, I resigned and let someone else take it on. If you can find anything either here on the forum, or in TriPower in the last 2 1/2 years that shows the state directors fulfilling their duties as outlined in the By-Laws or SOP's, PLEASE show it to me.

I am sick and tired of not getting information that is needed from this Association, and what I do get via the TriPower is outdated by the time it is printed and distributed.

I have heard of another former officer of the PNW, who has held more than one position over the years, from your own region who is way less than happy with the situation.

Our state director is absent from the state for most of the year, and his "assistant", BOD approved I remind you, appears to be AWOL as well.

Who is running the store, and what is going to be done about it is the big question.

I guess if you don't care for my complaints, then you can either kick me out or ban me. I originally kept this in the members only section, but the President brought it out to the public pages, so I guess you reap what you sow.

The Delegates Meeting in two weeks is the time to law down the law, but I know it won't be done.

Last edited by Art Waugh; 08-30-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:02 PM
countylineoffroaders..com

You seem to have all the answers and wonderful sounding excuses for not being positive. Therefore my energy will no longer be wasted on you. Good luck with all your online banter and negativity. I, personally, will keep supporting my peers and the organization that I CHOOSE to be a part of.

Sincerely-
Tiffany Morris
Old 08-30-2017, 04:21 PM
Cherokee Master

I seem to be making excuses for officers not doing the job they voluntarily took on? What a pathetic response. I would expect more from people that have been involved as long as you have, and held/holding BOD positions. But go ahead and cover the non performance of your friends.

When is the President going to stop being a figurehead and show some leadership and put his foot down hard and tell them, either do the job you took on or resign.

I notice you make no mention of lack of information or reports as required for the past 2 1/2 years. I know no one can come up with a meaningful report, other than a trip or vacation travelog in that period of time. But go ahead and ignore one of the more important functions of the PNW. When areas, trails, routes are closed because the members had no information to be able to fight it, just say, "oh well, that's the way it goes" and go cry in your favorite beverage.

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. Out of 7 members of my club, 6 have held multiple elective offices. We have 1 past President, 4 past State Directors, 4 past Region Directors, 1 past MembershipChair (when it was elected office), as well as 1 Future 4 Wheeler Chair.

The worst part is not a one of them will ever "step up" again.

Last edited by Art Waugh; 08-30-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:48 PM
BOD

You seem to be so quick to find fault saying the BOD isn't doing their jobs like getting info out. I seem to recall when you were a BOD member the same comments had been made about BOD members not doing their jobs. I have been PNW secretary for 11 years and I have sent out minutes within a week of the meeting. None of you have any idea what my job is or consists of or how to do it. I for one don't appreciate hearing or reading that I'm not doing my job. If you have a problem with me or how I do the job; call me or go face to face with me, don't post that I'm not doing my job before you understand just what my job is and you are ready to step up and be PNW secretary. It seems to be so easy for you all to hide behind your computers and bash all of us. Now I'm going to defend my Region. (I don't feel it needs defending to you) but minutes are always out the same week we have a meeting and they contain information on what's going on in Region 4. We always say what we are doing with the Forest Service, BLM, and DNR as well as reports on work parties and meetings regarding trail closures etc. Also in our minutes you will see what each club has been doing. The region is notified when letters are requested and our biggest concern is that we seem to get only a hand full of letters written. But everyone knows that their Region Director is out there attending lots of meetings defending keeping your trails open and fighting for you.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Cherokee Master

Sande - If you feel this has been aimed at you, or the Region Directors that ARE doing what they took on, I apologize. I specifically stated it was for the officers not (in caps) doing what they took on. You and Earl definitly do not fit in that catagory. I know and really appreciate that you do a very quick and professional job on both the Association minutes, as well as your Region's. You and Earl are very valuable members on the Board, and in your Region, and I respect you both, always have, always will.

This is not meant to do that, it is aimed directly at the State Directors that are not doing what is required of their positions. There has been nothing from them except the occasional written report submitted for the BOD meetings. Other than that, nothing from them concerning issues in their states that we need to be aware of and take action on.

Again I apologize if you think this has been a personal attack, it has not.

Last edited by Art Waugh; 09-01-2017 at 03:34 PM.